2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Exactly. This economy is shit and has been shit for his entire presidency.
:lol What the fuck ever. If corporate cunt Mitt Romney had been elected and had these numbers 75% of this board would be sucking his cock. Because, you know.....(R).

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
:lol What the fuck ever. If corporate cunt Mitt Romney had been elected and had these numbers 75% of this board would be sucking his cock. Because, you know.....(R).
Doubtful. Most of the people on this forum disliked Romney, and also understand that the President really doesn't create jobs. The only jobs he can "create" are government jobs, not ones which actually benefit society.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
On the contrary, if a republican had been in office you'd be skewering this economy and rightfully so. Just like obamacare. That hot garbage is so many things that democrats pretend to hate it's sickening. But you know, democrats like the (D) so it's ok.

Obamacare was supposed to make healthcare affordable. It does no such thing. All it does is force people to get it, whether you can afford it or not. How does that help all the people struggling in this shitty economy? REAL people, not fucking manipulated statistics. You know who it does help? The fucking pig big bad insurance companies. The fucking pig big bad hospitals.

Democrats are some of the most partisan people out there, including you.

A lot of republicans didn't like McCain or Romney for instance. But look no further than Trump.

Many republicans won't vote for trump, ever. Some are even talking about leaving the party if he gets the nomination. Including me. Despite the (R). It's about what you believe.

If Trump gets the nomination, hopefully a third party runs. It would probably ensure Hillary wins, but that's ok. Otherwise, I'd love to see core republicans form a new party. And hopefully they would focus on true conservative values, not this nonsense like planned parenthood, religion, gay marriage, or immigration (i know, fat chance unfortunately).

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Doubtful. Most of the people on this forum disliked Romney, and also understand that the President really doesn't create jobs. The only jobs he can "create" are government jobs, not ones which actually benefit society.
I disagree that the president can't create jobs. He certainly can indirectly.

cml750

Not So New Member
I laugh anytime someone gives Obama props for "unemployment" dropping when so many have given up on finding a job and have thus fallen off of the unemployment statistics artificially lowering the number. The labor participation rate is a much better statistic to use which as low as it was under the loser Jimmy Carter.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
On the contrary, if a republican had been in office you'd be skewering this economy and rightfully so. Just like obamacare. That hot garbage is so many things that democrats pretend to hate it's sickening. But you know, democrats like the (D) so it's ok.

Obamacare was supposed to make healthcare affordable. It does no such thing. All it does is force people to get it, whether you can afford it or not. How does that help all the people struggling in this shitty economy? REAL people, not fucking manipulated statistics. You know who it does help? The fucking pig big bad insurance companies. The fucking pig big bad hospitals.

Democrats are some of the most partisan people out there, including you.

A lot of republicans didn't like McCain or Romney for instance. But look no further than Trump.

Many republicans won't vote for trump, ever. Some are even talking about leaving the party if he gets the nomination. Including me. Despite the (R). It's about what you believe.

If Trump gets the nomination, hopefully a third party runs. It would probably ensure Hillary wins, but that's ok. Otherwise, I'd love to see core republicans form a new party. And hopefully they would focus on true conservative values, not this nonsense like planned parenthood, religion, gay marriage, or immigration (i know, fat chance unfortunately).
I have a Marketplace health plan, despite working full time. I can tell you that the least expensive plans carry outrageous 1500 dollar deductibles, including check-ups. So the statistics will show that everyone is "covered," while the insurance company will collect a subsidy without paying anything out unless someone gets mega-sick.

I am not entirely against the states being involved in healthcare, but this current law is a racket.

townsend

Banned
I have a Marketplace health plan, despite working full time. I can tell you that the least expensive plans carry outrageous 1500 dollar deductibles, including check-ups. So the statistics will show that everyone is "covered," while the insurance company will collect a subsidy without paying anything out unless someone gets mega-sick.

I am not entirely against the states being involved in healthcare, but this current law is a racket.
I despise ACA. It was a complete shill for insurance companies. My he best way, in my opinion, to fix medicine would have been to crack down on price gouging. Not encourage it with increasingly opaque and convoluted billing practices.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I despise ACA. It was a complete shill for insurance companies. My he best way, in my opinion, to fix medicine would have been to crack down on price gouging. Not encourage it with increasingly opaque and convoluted billing practices.
I may even be low on that deductible number. I just remember seeing that I could get those plans for "free" and wondering WTF is the point.

townsend

Banned
I may even be low on that deductible number. I just remember seeing that I could get those plans for "free" and wondering WTF is the point.
About half the reason I decided to go into biomedical engineering is just so I could work in an industry with decent health insurance.

I wouldn't necessarily mind a high annual deductible as long as there's a maximum out of pocket, and I could go to a non shithole hospital.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
About half the reason I decided to go into biomedical engineering is just so I could work in an industry with decent health insurance.

I wouldn't necessarily mind a high annual deductible as long as there's a maximum out of pocket, and I could go to a non shithole hospital.
My grandson will receive his Masters in Bio Med Engineering this summer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I fail to see how that makes it better. A shit economy is a shit econmy no matter how much your political party makes you want to put lip stick on that pig.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only thing I actually like about Obamacare is that it allows people with a pre existing condition to get insurance. The rest is a steaming pile of garbage.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Tort reform, reducing regulation, and allowing insurance companies to sell across state lines would also help improve the issue.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

That sounds similar to how an HSA plan functions.

townsend

Banned
My grandson will receive his Masters in Bio Med Engineering this summer.
That's awesome. I'm just barely breaking the surface on my degree at the moment, since I have to get caught up on a lot of math before they let me take some engineering classes. As these things tend to go none of my dozens of "college credits" I supposedly earned during training in the navy nuclear program transferred.

The goal it to join the fight against cancer, but maybe they'll have cured the damn thing by the time I've actually graduated.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's awesome. I'm just barely breaking the surface on my degree at the moment, since I have to get caught up on a lot of math before they let me take some engineering classes. As these things tend to go none of my dozens of "college credits" I supposedly earned during training in the navy nuclear program transferred.

The goal it to join the fight against cancer, but maybe they'll have cured the damn thing by the time I've actually graduated.
My grandson worked with a group of doctoral students on a cancer project and gave the presentation to several groups including Washington D.C. As a result he was asked by the University to join the staff and teach it for a year. He also was offered a free ride doctoral program when he is ready to engage it. I am not sure when or if he will. He is wanting to take a breather. All his college was provided via scholastic standings. Thanks for indulging me as a bragging grandparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom