Combine Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I missed the combine yesterday anybody want to give a rundown of how the 2nd tier CB's looked and any any safety's stood out.
I thought Cyrus Jones looked pretty good. He's going to take a little work, but I think he might be worth it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I thought Cyrus Jones looked pretty good. He's going to take a little work, but I think he might be worth it.
That's the Alabama DB right?

I think he is also a return guy, that could be a nice middle round guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah return guy and slot corner. Would be a very nice middle round guy. It's not usual that you see an Alabama defender flying under the radar a little.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Just watched the Montana game and it crystallized some of my fears about Wentz.

He throws a lot of contested balls.

I think he would be a pick machine doing that at the next level.

He did the same thing in the Senior Bowl, I think he is still very raw, so raw I don't know how you can be completely confident in him.

Yes he would sit for a couple of years and Dez would love him but at this point he is pretty much all potential.

I was comparing him to Bortles but I think Bortles was more polished at this point.
I understand where you are coming from but Tony Romo did the same exact thing his first couple of years. It's whether or not you can learn the fast-paced game and realize that everyone on the field is a pure athlete, so the shit you did in college doesn't fly

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Tyvis Powell, Sean Davis, Maurice Canady, Harlan Miller and Cyrus Jones are definitely guys I'd be interested in at various points between the 3rd-5th.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I understand where you are coming from but Tony Romo did the same exact thing his first couple of years. It's whether or not you can learn the fast-paced game and realize that everyone on the field is a pure athlete, so the shit you did in college doesn't fly
No Romo did not, he was always a fast reader, now he did not always read right but he never really locked on guys and seldom forced throws.

He could always find the 2nd and 3rd guys.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Yeah, and I think he converted from WR at some point, so he should have decent hands, too.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So Bortles or Wentz who would you draft 1st coming out of college?
Wentz, Bortles had a tendency to just throw a total knuckle ball in the dirt every once in awhile. Although I can respect that Bortles is developing into a very solid NFL passer.

D

Deuce

Wentz, Bortles had a tendency to just throw a total knuckle ball in the dirt every once in awhile. Although I can respect that Bortles is developing into a very solid NFL passer.
:lol No he doesn't. He has a tendency to throw a knuckle head throw into traffic, but it's not like he spikes dirt balls like McNabb.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Love that guy.

Favorite Combine coach quote:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Love that guy.

Favorite Combine coach quote:

Yea I have a bad case of Coach envy

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Jiggyfly

Banned
Interesting I could see him available at 34.

Still would pass on him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Interesting I could see him available at 34.

Still would pass on him.
If we didn't already have our own drug suspension DE to worry about I would be more interested.

Top Bottom