Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a big deal that they can get out of it it very quickly though.
Well it's a two year deal so unless it was fully guaranteed of course they can get out of it. I'm just wondering what that really means though. They can get out with 10 mil in dead money? They can get out with 0 in dead money? They can get out with 14 mil dead money?

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I am surprised Bradford would go for a two year deal. He'll be 30 at the end of two years still without much of a track record.

I guess the market for him was really dry. I still think Houston would have made a lot of sense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Well it's a two year deal so unless it was fully guaranteed of course they can get out of it. I'm just wondering what that really means though. They can get out with 10 mil in dead money? They can get out with 0 in dead money? They can get out with 14 mil dead money?
I would assume it depends on how the contract is structured. If it's front-loaded then the Eagles will be paying him much more this year. If it's balanced, they will have 10 mill in dead money if they release him after a year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am surprised Bradford would go for a two year deal. He'll be 30 at the end of two years still without much of a track record.

I guess the market for him was really dry. I still think Houston would have made a lot of sense.
It's where a career 81 QB rating gets you.

Cotton

Staff member
Looks like only 22 mill is fully guaranteed. They can drop him in year 2 and only have 4 mill in dead money.

Genghis Khan

Well it's a two year deal so unless it was fully guaranteed of course they can get out of it. I'm just wondering what that reallyeams though. They can get out with 10 mil in dead money? They can get out with 0 in dead money? They can get out with 14 mil dead money?
I guess it would be 14 unless it was structured weird. But I'm not sure they'd even want to get out after a year. Sanchez is in the last year of his deal so even if Bradford tanks this season they could draft a QB in 2017 and use bradford's final year to bridge to the new guy. And the new guy would be on a rookie deal so relatively cheap.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would assume it depends on how the contract is structured. If it's front-loaded then the Eagles will be paying him much more this year. If it's balanced, they will have 10 mill in dead money if they release him after a year.
Well and they can't fully guarantee the first year. Although they could guarantee most of it. So if 28 mil of the deal if guaranteed a lot depends on that first year cap figure.

Genghis Khan

Looks like only 22 mill is fully guaranteed. They can drop him in year 2 and only have 4 mill in dead money.

Wouldn't that be 11 million in dead money?

Genghis Khan

Yeah, he's lucky as hell to get what he did.

The eagles kind of had him over a barrel since apparently he had little market. But at the same time the eagles had very little real options.

Genghis Khan

18 mill in 2016 leaves 4 mill in full guarantees.
But it normally doesn't matter when the guarantees are paid, they are spread evenly across the contract. Otherwise about 7 mil is unaccounted for under the cap.

Cotton

Staff member
This is correct. And it's 26 in guarantees.
You can front-load the guaranteed money. If they guarantee the full 18 mill in 2016 they only are in the dead at 8. I read the total guarantee wrong.

shane

DCC 4Life
The eagles kind of had him over a barrel since apparently he had little market. But at the same time the eagles had very little real options.
If I was an Eagles fan, I'd rather have them try to pluck some jabroni out of obscurity than offer a bunch of money to shitty ass Bradford. I am so very happy the dumbass Eagles fired Andy Reid.

dallen

Senior Tech

Good lord. Luckiest bastard in the NFL.
He was the last #1 pick before they redid the rookie salaries, wasn't he? #blessed

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He was the last #1 pick before they redid the rookie salaries, wasn't he? #blessed
Think so. It is amazing how he wins no matter how mediocre he is. Hats off to him, he has it made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom