Cowboys Free Agency

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Leodis McKelvin has a visit lined up with the Cowboys per Rapoport,while some dude on ESPN says we are interested in O'Brien Schofield.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Leodis McKellen has a visit lined up with the Cowboys per Rapoport, while some dude on ESPN says we are interested in O'Brien Schofield.
I assume you mean Leodis McKelven. I'd be cool with him. I think he is a solid corner. Gets hurt too often but he would be a solid veteran addition to the secondary.

Schofield would be an odd one. He was a college DE who has played OLBer in the NFL. He is just kind of a tweener that in my opinion would make more sense in a 3-4. I guess he could play SLBer in our defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's why I hate posting from the phone.

dallen

Senior Tech
I assume you mean Leodis McKelven. I'd be cool with him. I think he is a solid corner. Gets hurt too often but he would be a solid veteran addition to the secondary.

Schofield would be an odd one. He was a college DE who has played OLBer in the NFL. He is just kind of a tweener that in my opinion would make more sense in a 3-4. I guess he could play SLBer in our defense.
I assume you mean Leodis McKelvin.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nothing like a spelling burn gone boomerang.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Agreed, sometimes guys like that just need the chance to play DE again in the right system. Now that would be a great reclamation project for Marinelli.
Yeah, I think he might be a guy who just wasn't cut out to convert to LB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I think he might be a guy who just wasn't cut out to convert to LB.
Yeah I never thought he was that type of a player. To me he is a guy who should have been trying to grow into more of a 270-280 pound DE.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Cowboys 'checked in' on free-agent CB Nolan Carroll
Jeffrey Kahn - 4 hours ago

Nolan Carroll appears to have slightly grabbed the attention of the Dallas Cowboys as the club is looking to add defensive backs this offseason.

The cornerback has been in discussion for re-signing with the Eagles, but the Cowboys have shown some interest. According to Birds 24/7's Tim McManus, the Cowboys have "checked in" on Carroll ahead of the official start date of the free-agent period.

The extent of the interest is not known, but the Cowboys recently considered pursuing free-agent cornerback Leodis McKelvin who agreed to a two-year deal with the Eagles on Tuesday. Had McKelvin not have signed in Philadelphia, he would have been on his way to Dallas for a visit.

Carroll recently stated that he would "love to stay with the Eagles", but if the two sides don't reach an agreement, he could be on his way out. Of course, the Eagles signing McKelvin could complicate things for extending Carroll's stay in town and several NFL teams could now heavily pursue his talents. Will the Cowboys now shift their focus to Carroll? The only issue for the Cowboys seems to Carroll's asking price which is undefined.

The 29-year old originally inked a two-year, $3.65 million contract with the Eagles in 2014. Since then, Carroll started in 12 of 27 games and collected 89 tackles with two interceptions. Carroll's 2015 season was cut short after he suffered a broken ankle in Week 12.

Carroll was the fifth-round pick of the Dolphins in 2010. The 6-1, 205-pound defensive back has racked up seven interceptions in his NFL career.
------------

Jesus.

We appear to be focusing on players that suck.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No interest in Snacks Harrison? F'ing Giants are going to get both Harrison and Elliott. Unreal.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No interest in Snacks Harrison? F'ing Giants are going to get both Harrison and Elliott. Unreal.
They have the cap room. Meanwhile, Brandon Carr continues to cash checks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Schlub of the day: Bilal Powell.

Top Bottom