QB Is Not An Option, Your Pick

QB Is Not An Option, Your Pick

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't hate Elliott but it would be really difficult for me to spend a top 5 pick on a guy who is probably 50/50 at best to get a 2nd contract in Dallas. I do think he could step in and put up 1,500 yards and 10+ TD's as a rookie though.

If the idea is win now, I take that for 4-5 years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you think he can do that then he should Probably be the pick.
But what if I think Henry can do that behind our offensive line too? And Howard. And probably some other backs.

I mean Elliot could be a 700 yard back behind the Chargers offensive line and a 1500 yard back behind ours. So what does that say about Elliot?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I might get lynched for this but I think I take Ramsey over Jack.
Not by me.

If there were a gun to my head and I had to take either, I would reluctantly take Ramsey.

Myles Jack is a novelty that people are losing their minds over.

The only way I would want him in Dallas is as a WOLB. Not in the middle. And certainly not LOLB in this scheme.

I am not impressed by the "freak" label.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But what if I think Henry can do that behind our offensive line too? And Howard. And probably some other backs.

I mean Elliot could be a 700 yard back behind the Chargers offensive line and a 1500 yard back behind ours. So what does that say about Elliot?
Well, shit. McFadden got 900.

I am talking about a back that can not only run, but catch and pass block very well. An all around player.

I think Elliott compares favorably to Gurley.

I might be in the minority there, but that is how I feel.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Elliott compares favorably to Gurley.
I don't dislike Elliot. I just dislike taking a RB that early in any draft. I could list a lot of RB's I'd like in this draft who I think could be highly productive starters here. Of course Ohio State not producing a real NFL RB since Eddie George doesn't make me feel great either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't dislike Elliot. I just dislike taking a RB that early in any draft. I could list a lot of RB's I'd like in this draft who I think could be highly productive starters here. Of course Ohio State not producing a real NFL RB since Eddie George doesn't make me feel great either.
I don't give a shit about it being "early".

Taking a RB who could bring us back to what Murray had in 2014, instantly, I take that.

Well before taking a couple of players that I have to figure out where to play in Jack and Ramsey.

All in all, QB is the direction I feel would be best.

But that is not the scenario we are discussing here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't give a shit about it being "early".

Taking a RB who could bring us back to what Murray had in 2014, instantly, I take that.
If I thought he was the only RB in this draft capable of that I might agree. But I don't.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hard for me to believe that if we get 1500/10 from Elliot that we aren't in the playoffs. I would gladly take that even if I have to pick him at 4. I picked Bosa so I personally don't think Elliot is going to do that basically because they love them some McFadden. I won't frown at an Elliot pick. Just think Bosa is going to be more successful.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
1500 /10 does exactly what Booze says it does. If you think he can do that then he should Probably be the pick.
I think Henry could put up something similar, while a guy like Alex Collins could probably still break, 1,000, that's my reservation. Elliott is just the sure bet.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I dunno. I had never watched a Bosa interview until today.

He bothered me, just like Merriman did when I was torn between him and Ware.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hard for me to believe that if we get 1500/10 from Elliot that we aren't in the playoffs.
The only way he would get that many carries is if our QB is doing really well which means yes, we are in the playoffs. But ultimately that's because of our QB, not really the RB. I'm just saying.

If Romo is hurt and we throw out a Cassel type QB, no way our RB gets enough carries to get to 1500 yards.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Joey Bosa AINEC. He's the best prospect in the draft, the only other comparable player is Laremy Tunsil but we don't have any use for him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Joey Bosa AINEC. He's the best prospect in the draft, the only other comparable player is Laremy Tunsil but we don't have any use for him.
I have a weird thing I do at this stage when you have watched all the YouTube stuff on the field, I watch the interviews.

That guy? Eh. He strikes me as a bit of a meathead and I can completely understand how he got busted for weed.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I think Henry could put up something similar, while a guy like Alex Collins could probably still break, 1,000, that's my reservation. Elliott is just the sure bet.
I may have missed it since I haven't really seen much of Henry, but the thing I have been hearing and reading about Elliot is that he is the complete package. Blocker, pass catcher and then a really great runner. This is what would help keep Tony upright help get us to the playoffs and beyond.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am judging by the way things are going that you people are reactive like Jerry and believe in drafting for need.

Noted.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm going Bosa.

Productive college player, with great tools at a position of need.

I think Henry or another back could give you 1500/10 behind this line.

I think Elliot could be really special but I don't the difference between him and another good back moves the needle as much.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Look who is talking.

How is drafting Elliott not drafting for need?
Hey, we got a 1,000 yard McFadden coming back. Anyone can run behind this line, etc.

Thus, not a need.

I just happen to think Elliott is special and capable of transforming this team as it is set up right now.

Bosa would be just another guy who would end up disappearing in our scheme.

A lot, and I mean, a lot of what I like and don't like has to do with the system constrictions we are placed into due to this coaching staff.

If I am rating just football players, my opinion changes radically.

I actually rate Bosa as the second best prospect in this draft from that perspective.

But for Dallas? No. I realize the handicaps.

Top Bottom