Combine Stuff...

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Hackenburg looks atrocious. He's got measureables but nothing else going for him really. Talk about how the mighty have fallen

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hackenburg looks atrocious. He's got measureables but nothing else going for him really. Talk about how the mighty have fallen
Just a very slow delivery. His legs just don't seem to match up with what is going on in the upper half and it's why he just looks so awkward throwing the ball. I don't like him at all.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Just a very slow delivery. His legs just don't seem to match up with what is going on in the upper half and it's why he just looks so awkward throwing the ball. I don't like him at all.
agreed. He's the type of guy who goes to the Patriots or Saints and sits for a long time. I kind of relate it to Ryan Mallett, but not skillset wise

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Can't wait to see the ginger later to compare him to these guys. Wish he were in this group to see him with Goff and the others.

I thought the ball sort of floated on Cook's passes more than the others on those out routes.

Doctson is for real. Love that guy. Most of these spread WRs you have to watch out for... I'm not sold on Coleman being that great, for instance. But I think Doctson can do it all.

Also, I have to watch this on mute because Mayock is such a beating. Gawd, please shut up for just a few seconds.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Can't wait to see the ginger later to compare him to these guys. Wish he were in this group to see him with Goff and the others.

Also, I have to watch this on mute because Mayock is such a beating.
I wish Mayock and Rich would stop talking period. I'd rather just hear the coach explaining the drill. Hearing all of them at once is like listening to a busy highway.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Also, I have to watch this on mute because Mayock is such a beating.
Is Paxton throwing at the same time? Those two will be an interesting dynamic. Both tall, big armed throwers. I'll enjoy seeing both of them throw against each other.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I could be down with Fuller in the second.

My gut feeling is that one of the top DTs falling would be in our best long term interest though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could be down with Fuller in the second.

My gut feeling is that one of the top DTs falling would be in our best long term interest though.
Yeah Billings, Butler or Clark. Would all be very high on my board if they still fall to the second. This draft is just so crazy deep at DT. I have a feeling some guys will go lower then they should simply because there are only so many teams that will take a DT. When you have 10-12 great DT's some one will fall.

But part of me loves the idea of a young QB developing with a young stud WR. Imagine taking a Goff in the first and a Fuller in the second. They have a chance to then grow together and create something special for the next 10-12 years.

I would love to have 2 second round picks, but that just won't happen if we are taking one of these top 2 QBs. If we pass on a QB all together and trade back that opens a lot of stuff up.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If we didn't have a top WR I'd agree with you about getting a WR for Goff/Wentz to grow with, but we do... one of the best... Bryant. On top of that Fuller is a "take the top off elite #2" but I don't know if he has #1 WR potential. I feel like I want an every-play WR to grow with a young QB, someone he can look to bail him out on every down. That's a player like Bryant.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we didn't have a top WR I'd agree with you about getting a WR for Goff/Wentz to grow with, but we do... one of the best... Bryant. On top of that Fuller is a "take the top off elite #2" but I don't know if he has #1 WR potential. I feel like I want an every-play WR to grow with a young QB, someone he can look to bail him out on every down. That's a player like Bryant.
Yeah and ultimately that's probably why I wouldn't. Although I don't think he is a pure number 2. I see no reason why he couldn't be an Antonio Brown type for example. Fuller isn't that small he is over 6 foot. He is blazing fast. And he knows how to go up for the ball. I know he has some drops but like Irvin just said, he went through all of those drills without a drop. The guys hands aren't bad. I've seen him make too many tough catches to think they are bad. Just seems like a consistency issue to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Your hatred of his hair cracks me up.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's it, put Lynch in the box

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that's taking it too far. It's why I never agree with this box stuff. I'd take him at some point. But it's just a question if it is a seventh rounder, first rounder, or somewhere in between.

Top Bottom