Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, Bosa scares me. I would be desperately seeking a trade down if he's otherwise the obvious pick.

Frankly unless I'm taking a QB, I want to trade down.

Bosa... Meh, someone else will give us something for him and he's not enough of a dominant player to pass up extra picks. If Tunsil fell, I'd certainly consider him, as he's the best player in the draft but you figure someone else might want him too. Myles Jack and Jalen Ramsey have the athleticism but not the production on paper to shout "Hall of Fame defender" at you, which is what you should be aiming for if you're picking defense fourth overall.
Myles Jack projects to a more athletic Derrick Brooks and his tape backs up his athletic numbers.

I think people are not looking at what he was asked to do when looking at his numbers.

He was in the pass happy Pac 12 and was not asked to rush very often.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Myles Jack projects to a more athletic Derrick Brooks and his tape backs up his athletic numbers.

I think people are not looking at what he was asked to do when looking at his numbers.

His tackle numbers are low and he didn't make a lot of big plays in pass defense either. Stats don't always tell the whole story and obviously we only have a guy who played 2 years of college football. Most players put up their best stats as Juniors and Seniors and he never had that opportunity.

The potential is obvious but it doesn't eliminate the scary factor.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

I don't buy the Myles Jack hype in the first place... and the whole "more athletic Derrick Brooks" comparison makes me laugh at this point.

Watch his supposed highlights-- I find myself very unimpressed.

Pass.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't buy the Myles Jack hype in the first place... and the whole "more athletic Derrick Brooks" comparison makes me laugh at this point.

Watch his supposed highlights-- I find myself very unimpressed.

Pass.
Well it is you and you believe weight somehow predicts the success of DE's.

So i'll pass one what you say as well.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I feel like Myles Jack is an intriguing player if I was picking at 10 or 12.

At 4, I want Lawrence Taylor.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I feel like Myles Jack is an intriguing player if I was picking at 10 or 12.

At 4, I want Lawrence Taylor.
He's retired.

Do you even watch the games anymore?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Trading down is obviously a preferable situation if we don't go QB but as we all know, that opportunity isn't always there. In that case you make a pick from what is available, can't do anything about the fact that the non-QB options don't knock your socks off.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trading down is obviously a preferable situation if we don't go QB but as we all know, that opportunity isn't always there. In that case you make a pick from what is available, can't do anything about the fact that the non-QB options don't knock your socks off.
The trade down would be there. It's just a question of how cheap you're willing to go. If its between taking Jack at 4 or a comparable talent at 10, who gives a shit if you only get a second or third for moving down? Someone will be willing to move up to secure Bosa, Ramsey or Tunsil. And then I'm in a great position to get Rankins who could be a dominant 3 technique or 1 technique. Or Noah Spence.

Maybe we will all fall in love with Bosa after the combine though. NFL radio was talking yesterday like they expect him to beast out at the combine.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The trade down would be there. It's just a question of how cheap you're willing to go. If its between taking Jack at 4 or a comparable talent at 10, who gives a shit if you only get a second or third for moving down? Someone will be willing to move up to secure Bosa, Ramsey or Tunsil. And then I'm in a great position to get Rankins who could be a dominant 3 technique or 1 technique. Or Noah Spence.

Maybe we will all fall in love with Bosa after the combine though. NFL radio was talking yesterday like they expect him to beast out at the combine.
If a 2nd is on the table I'd jump at it for sure although I would understand the organization preferring to take Bosa at 4. He is widely regarded as a top 3 prospect, many have him 1st overall even, and he certainly fits a need considering recent events.

I've been a fan of his since the start basically, we'll see what he does at the Combine. If he runs in the high 4.6-high 4.7 range and has an impressive vertical/broad jump, it'll be even more convincing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If a 2nd is on the table I'd jump at it for sure although I would understand the organization preferring to take Bosa at 4.
Like I said, a trade will be there but we have to be prepared for it to look like we got "raped" in doing so. I'm sure the trade value chart says we should get more then a second going from 4 to 10 for example. But I'd rather trade down regardless if we aren't getting a QB at 4.

Afterall I feel like we are getting basically the same talent at 10 or so. So the extra pick is just purely icing on the cake. We are able to do that because of position flexibility with our need.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Like I said, a trade will be there but we have to be prepared for it to look like we got "raped" in doing so. I'm sure the trade value chart says we should get more then a second going from 4 to 10 for example. But I'd rather trade down regardless if we aren't getting a QB at 4.

Afterall I feel like we are getting basically the same talent at 10 or so. So the extra pick is just purely icing on the cake. We are able to do that because of position flexibility with our need.
So pass on Bosa at 4 and move down for the guy who got kicked out of school for drugs?

I think after the top 4 there is a real drop in talent and risk.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or take Spence and get Gordon.

Which would you rather have?
Yeah I really don't know about Spence. The drug stuff freaks me out. He is a guy that you really have to do your homework on. I honestly have no idea what that homework would say.

Jiggyfly

Banned
From the Zone.

Came on the ticket and said expect the Cowboys to restructure Tyron and Tyrone by March 9th . The two moves will free up 12 million dollars and give us 26 million in cap space. We have 14 million right now with the 3.5 million of unused we rolled over from last year's

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Romo and Witten with Colt McCoy at a UT BB game. Goddammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom