2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like you said numbers can be used to make any points and people leaving the workforce is being used incorrectly as well.
Except for the fact that people leaving the workforce is still devastating to the economy regardless. We are literally at all time highs in terms of real unemployment rate. That should scare the shit out of people, not make them feel better about the economy. We are also at all time highs in terms of people on SSI. Which is a huge part of the people who have "dropped out" of the labor force. Again, these people kill the economy because they bring 0 productivity and are an expense all at the same time.

The jobs market is horrific bad. But our government is absolutely clueless when it comes to actually growing the job market long term. They only consider short term fixes which are what gets us in the tough spot we are in now.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Except for the fact that people leaving the workforce is still devastating to the economy regardless. We are literally at all time highs in terms of real unemployment rate. That should scare the shit out of people, not make them feel better about the economy. We are also at all time highs in terms of people on SSI. Which is a huge part of the people who have "dropped out" of the labor force. Again, these people kill the economy because they bring 0 productivity and are an expense all at the same time.

The jobs market is horrific bad. But our government is absolutely clueless when it comes to actually growing the job market long term. They only consider short term fixes which are what gets us in the tough spot we are in now.
Yes it's bad for the economy but this has been happening since the early 2000's

And the vast majority is baby boomers retiring so who do you blame for that.

There is a difference between people actively looking and needing a job and people who don't need a job and opt out.

The biggest issue in this is the aging population to try and include all of those people to inflate the unemployment numbers negatively is manipulation to prove a point.

This has been happening for awhile the 2008 recession exacerbated it but this issue is not new.

Being the econ wiz you are you should no better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And the vast majority is baby boomers retiring so who do you blame for that.
This should be opening jobs up and dropping the unemployment rate. But it's not. That should be alarming. After all if someone retires that takes them out of the job market and opens up a job. So someone who is still in the job market should be filling that spot. Statistically speaking the unemployment rate should drop as a result. Obviously that's not happening.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This should be opening jobs up and dropping the unemployment rate. But it's not. That should be alarming. After all if someone retires that takes them out of the job market and opens up a job. So someone who is still in the job market should be filling that spot. Statistically speaking the unemployment rate should drop as a result. Obviously that's not happening.
I agree but companies are eliminating a lot of positions that were available in years past.

After 2008 workforce efficiency was all the rage and positions were merged and slashed.

Also wages should be rising because there should be higher demand for workers but that is not happening either.

Companies are doing everything to squeeze every cent of profit they can.

townsend

Banned
A lot of empty jobs don't have anyone to fill them either. Quick go find a new master electrician to work at your factory. I read somewhere that there are millions of unfilled technical jobs in the U.S.

Admittedly there's a reason for that. A lot of companies think they can offer techs 15-18 per hour. So their shitty jobs don't get applied for.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
You mean the massive failure that was termed "shovel ready." Or that fact that our debt was accelerated at a devastating rate under Obama? Don't really care if you want to blame Obama or Bush. I just want to get back to the way things used to be, when our economy was actually good. Instead of the steaming turd we have been dealing with for the last 8 years.
Oh, so you want to go back to the Clinton years? Just so happens, one is running.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oh, so you want to go back to the Clinton years? Just so happens, one is running.
Do you think she is going to let Bill tell her her to handle the office and administer the economic and budgetary policies. :art

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think their politics are basically the same.
Their politics may be the same but I don't believe she has anywhere close to the knowledge of budgets and economics Bill has. He was exposed to these matters all during his governors career and was prepared to continue it as President. Hillary has had no exposure to these matters. Who knows what her economic outlooks are. All she has ever done is legal or Senate work and a stint in the state department. None of these areas add to economic or budgetary knowledge.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Their politics may be the same but I don't believe she has anywhere close to the knowledge of budgets and economics Bill has. He was exposed to these matters all during his governors career and was prepared to continue it as President. Hillary has had no exposure to these matters. Who knows what her economic outlooks are. All she has ever done is legal or Senate work and a stint in the state department. None of these areas add to economic or budgetary knowledge.
:lol Like Bill Clinton isn't going to have a huge influence on a Hilary Presidency.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol Like Bill Clinton isn't going to have a huge influence on a Hilary Presidency.
He will be too busy with chasing skirts. This is a great opportunity for him to run free. Hillary probably won't let him in the white house

townsend

Banned
He will be too busy with chasing skirts. This is a great opportunity for him to run free. Hillary probably won't let him in the white house
Not to mention he can have all the pardons he wants, as long as they fall into federal jurisdiction.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I wonder if people who desperately want a woman president realize how far they can be set back by a woman who would probably be haunted by constant scandal from day one until she gets washed out like Jimmy Carter on a wave of unpopularity. I think if she wins the nomination and goes against Trump she's likely to lose anyway. She's flip flopped on about every major issue and she's been bought by every big bank and corporation in the US. Sanders won't go after her because he doesn't want to run a negative campaign. Trump on the other hand would go for the throat from day one and he'll have a mountain of ammunition thanks to Hillary's record.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They couldn't be more opposite personalities.

But ole Hil Dog probably would give us 4 years of kind of status quo. Worst case scenario she is George Bush. Our economy would probably continue to rot away under her but it wouldn't have the potential to be destroyed like Bernie.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well she did serve on the Senate budget committee, so there's that. :shrug

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
They couldn't be more opposite personalities.

But ole Hil Dog probably would give us 4 years of kind of status quo. Worst case scenario she is George Bush. Our economy would probably continue to rot away under her but it wouldn't have the potential to be destroyed like Bernie.
Waiting for the next scandal will be like waiting for the next shoe to drop. Barack has done a great job of not making an ass of himself by having orgies or secret email servers or breaking into hotels. Hillary might be impeached faster than her Husband was.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Waiting for the next scandal will be like waiting for the next shoe to drop. Barack has done a great job of not making an ass of himself by having orgies or secret email servers or breaking into hotels. Hillary might be impeached faster than her Husband was.
Could very well be true. She comes off as way more of a snake then Bill ever did. I don't think Bill Clinton was ever conniving the way that Hilary is. She reminds me a lot of Frank Underwood. The good news is I don't think she will throw out feminine issues every chance she gets the way that Obama throws the race card out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom