2016 Mock Drafts

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If Tunsil, Goff and Wentz are gone, Bosa has to be the pick.
It'll be Ramsey, Jack or Bosa. Probably one of the the first two if the weed suspension scares us off now with the Gregory pick blowing up in our face.

If not Wentz, which I doubt it will be, I'd just prefer trading down.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It'll be Ramsey, Jack or Bosa. Probably one of the the first two if the weed suspension scares us off now with the Gregory pick blowing up in our face.

If not Wentz, which I doubt it will be, I'd just prefer trading down.
I'd be very happy with a trade down. Knowing how Jerry likes to show off his trading prowess a trade down wouldn't surprise me (like in the safety Roy Williams draft), but a trade up honestly wouldn't surprise me either.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I'd be very happy with a trade down. Knowing how Jerry likes to show off his trading prowess a trade down wouldn't surprise me (like in the safety Roy Williams draft), but a trade up honestly wouldn't surprise me either.
I don't think we'll trade up because the only position that would even remotely warrant it would be QB and I don't think we're going after one. Of course nothing with Jerry would surprise me. So we just might trade up for Ramsey or Bosa if one of them is at the top of our board.

Most likely scenario would be a trade down. But I think they'll stay at 4 and go defense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think we'll trade up because the only position that would even remotely warrant it would be QB and I don't think we're going after one. Of course nothing with Jerry would surprise me. So we just might trade up for Ramsey or Bosa if one of them is at the top of our board.
I'm pretty convinced we love Wentz. I just don't know how we feel yet abput Goff. If Wentz is gone but Goff is there I'm not sure what Dallas would do. We all know the predraft visitors will probably be very telling as to the direction of our pick.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm pretty convinced we love Wentz. I just don't know how we feel yet abput Goff. If Wentz is gone but Goff is there I'm not sure what Dallas would do. We all know the predraft visitors will probably be very telling as to the direction of our pick.
Agreed. I don't know how our idiotic brain trust will view Goff because I could easily see them being turned off by his "slight" frame.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Agreed. I don't know how our idiotic brain trust will view Goff because I could easily see them being turned off by his "slight" frame.
I am by sure his frame is slight. Frankly I haven't seen him without pads. He may just need to put on a few pounds.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I am by sure his frame is slight. Frankly I haven't seen him without pads. He may just need to put on a few pounds.
Yea, I'm fairly certain that's all it is, the guy is listed at 6-4, 215 after all. He's only 21 I believe as opposed to Wentz who is two years older, Goff will almost certainly add 10-15 lbs once he gets into an NFL program.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Most likely scenario would be a trade down. But I think they'll stay at 4 and go defense.
I agree, but I'm just thinking about the Claiborne trade up where our justification was because the cost was cheaper than normal. Then I think about how Tennessee is pretty motivated to trade down. I don't think it will happen but it wouldn't surprise me.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
In this scenario we would be in a good situation to trade down if we aren't sold on Goff. Ideally the 49ers would want the local QB and we only move down to #7, pick up a couple of picks including a high 2nd and still get one of our targets at #7

But we'll probably stay put and take the BPA from among Bosa, Jack, Ramsey. Odds are one of them would still be there at #7 if we traded, but we may favor a certain one and not want to lose him. I think they all rate similarly so would take the extra picks and still get one.

As for predraft visits, we always do seem to take guys that we bring to the Ranch. But this probably won't tip anything in the first round since I'm sure all the top prospects will visit.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I agree, but I'm just thinking about the Claiborne trade up where our justification was because the cost was cheaper than normal. Then I think about how Tennessee is pretty motivated to trade down. I don't think it will happen but it wouldn't surprise me.
That is a good point. If Tennessee offered a major discount it could happen. But even a discount would have to include our 2nd and I wouldn't give that up just to nab Bosa, Ramsey or Jack, especially since at least two of them should be there at 4.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
True. But he probably looks like Andrew Luck if we put him next to Kellen Moore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In this scenario we would be in a good situation to trade down if we aren't sold on Goff. Ideally the 49ers would want the local QB and we only move down to #7, pick up a couple of picks including a high 2nd and still get one of our targets at #7

But we'll probably stay put and take the BPA from among Bosa, Jack, Ramsey. Odds are one of them would still be there at #7 if we traded, but we may favor a certain one and not want to lose him. I think they all rate similarly so would take the extra picks and still get one.

As for predraft visits, we always do seem to take guys that we bring to the Ranch. But this probably won't tip anything in the first round since I'm sure all the top prospects will visit.
Jerry absolutely fawns over big QB's with strong arms. Wentz fits the mold of a guy Jerry usually loves at QB. Think of the way Jerry would talk about Brandon Weeden and his arm. Or Hutchison or Henson. I'm just not sure Goff will fit the mold of a QB Jerry will fall in love with. I think Goff has an excellent arm and he is pretty tall. So it's possible Jerry will fall in love with him too.

On a side note, this draft kind of seems like the draft of the workout warrior with guys like Ramsey and Jack. Dudes that have great size and will blaze the track at their size. They are sort of freak physical specimen, I'm just not sure that it will translate to elite NFL players.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jerry absolutely fawns over big QB's with strong arms. Wentz fits the mold of a guy Jerry usually loves at QB. Think of the way Jerry would talk about Brandon Weeden and his arm. Or Hutchison or Henson. I'm just not sure Goff will fit the mold of a QB Jerry will fall in love with. I think Goff has an excellent arm and he is pretty tall. So it's possible Jerry will fall in love with him too.

On a side note, this draft kind of seems like the draft of the workout warrior with guys like Ramsey and Jack. Dudes that have great size and will blaze the track at their size. They are sort of freak physical specimen, I'm just not sure that it will translate to elite NFL players.
Don't know about Ramsey but Jack had the production to match his physical abilities.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't know about Ramsey but Jack had the production to match his physical abilities.
Myles Jack has never been anything better then like second team all conference. 88 tackles, 8 tfls, 1 INT as a sophomore? Is that the production you're talking about? It's not great at all.

Maybe as a junior Myles Jack would have lit up the stat sheet but that ended in injury.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Myles Jack has never been anything better then like second team all conference. 88 tackles, 8 tfls, 1 INT as a sophomore? Is that the production you're talking about? It's not great at all.

Maybe as a junior Myles Jack would have lit up the stat sheet but that ended in injury.
The production in his ability to blanket TE's and RB's and some slot guys.

All conference is just a stat led award his real value would not show in raw numbers.

I am talking about on-field ability that shows up on film not tackle numbers.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life

But....Romo doesn't fit that mold at 6'2" 230. Goff will get there easily in a year or two.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But....Romo doesn't fit that mold at 6'2" 230. Goff will get there easily in a year or two.
Romo doesn't fit that mold but I really don't give Jerry any credit for acquiring him. He was an undrafted free agent QB who was brought in as an after thought. Of course once he dominated for the Cowboys Jerry loved him. And it's not an exact thing. I mean Jerry loved Manziel and Manziel isn't a big guy at all. So it's not a perfect science.

And I agree with you on Goff. He will look like Aaron Rodgers physically before you know it.

Top Bottom