2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Doubt Cruz could either. No one likes that POS outside of Texas. Maybe Kasich's strategy works and he is the compromise pick.
If we go to a brokered convention, Kasich is at least the VP nominee. Whether it's Cruz or Kasich as the main nominee probably depends on how much of the Anti-Trump sentiment rallies behind Cruz in coming primaries, and how his "Vs. Hillary" polling numbers look.

townsend

Banned
Doubt Cruz could either. No one likes that POS outside of Texas. Maybe Kasich's strategy works and he is the compromise pick.
I think Cruz would get the vice offer to balance the ticket. With Kasich brought in as a substitute. I'll vote for his ass too. If the Republicans pull that off.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think Cruz would get the vice offer to balance the ticket. With Kasich brought in as a substitute. I'll vote for his ass too. If the Republicans pull that off.
I don't think Cruz would accept VP. IMO, if Kasich is the Nominee, the Vice Nominee is Rubio.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Both main parties are trashy, but I'd prefer the party that comes closest to my core beliefs. The problem if trump wins is that he could steer the party into a direction I simply don't believe in. His being a scam artist notwithstanding.

I agree with libertarians on some issues but not others.
I was watching Alpha House a few days ago and the dude were at a workshop. Someone hired an impersonator to do Reagan. He was saying stuff that Reagan said and the republicans started booing. Lol, t was so funny because it was true. The party looks nothing like 30 years ago. Not even close. What Reagan believed in was stuff that modern day republicans hate.

If you have Prime check out Season 2 Episode 6. Hilarious.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
I don't think Cruz would accept VP. IMO, if Kasich is the Nominee, the Vice Nominee is Rubio.
I think Cruz takes what he can get. If they say the guy with the most delegates doesn't deserve the nomination, what claim does the guy with the 2nd most have? Cruz is a young guy, has plenty of time to run another presidential campaign. He already lost everything once by burning bridges in the Bush administration, I think he learns his lesson and plays ball.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think Cruz takes what he can get. If they say the guy with the most delegates doesn't deserve the nomination, what claim does the guy with the 2nd most have? Cruz is a young guy, has plenty of time to run another presidential campaign. He already lost everything once by burning bridges in the Bush administration, I think he learns his lesson and plays ball.
I guess it depends on how much assurance he gets that if he plays ball they won't make a "no Homers club" to keep him on the fringe of the party. Honestly the Republican party would be smarter to nominate Cruz. He may be a fat vampire filled with mineral oil, but he's much better at debating and making speeches than Kasich. I listened to both of their post-tuesday speeches on NPR while driving last night. I found myself nodding along with some of Cruz's speech before he broke the spell by saying the word "values". Kasich was so boring I nearly ran off the road.

townsend

Banned
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-foreign-policy-adviser-220853
Donald Trump finally shared the name of someone he consults on foreign policy: himself.
Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things.”
“I know what I’m doing and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are,” Trump said. “But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff.”
The New York real estate mogul has kept mum on his foreign policy team, despite promising in early February to release a list of his advisers in “about two weeks.”
This guy has no clue what he's doing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And yet millions of retards are going to vote for this fucking clown because of email servers and stuff.
And millions of other retards will vote for a proven corrupt politician in Clinton. There all no good guys and bad guys in this clusterfuck. We all lose no matter what.

townsend

Banned
And millions of other retards will vote for a proven corrupt politician in Clinton. There all no good guys and bad guys in this clusterfuck. We all lose no matter what.
I think Clinton's about as corrupt as any run of the mill politician. Even L.T. Who we can agree is biased against her admits she's been on the receiving end of a BS investigation when it came to whitewater, and everyone believes the Benghazi and email stuff has been blown out of proportion. Seems to me rather than being "proven corrupt" she's just had her dirty laundry aired more than any politician in recent memory. If she was corrupt corrupt, 20 years of investigations would have put her in cuffs.

townsend

Banned
if they're paying attention. The republicans have been relatively upfront about these investigations being conducted solely for the purpose of damaging her politically. She's had to deal with 3 times as many hearings over Bengazi as Bush did with 9-11. The email thing was also done by Condy Rice before her. I wonder why the Republicans haven't held Bush and Rice to the same standard.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think Clinton's about as corrupt as any run of the mill politician. Even L.T. Who we can agree is biased against her admits she's been on the receiving end of a BS investigation when it came to whitewater, and everyone believes the Benghazi and email stuff has been blown out of proportion. Seems to me rather than being "proven corrupt" she's just had her dirty laundry aired more than any politician in recent memory. If she was corrupt corrupt, 20 years of investigations would have put her in cuffs.
Actually Bill is the one that was primarly under scrutiny and got the raw deal with the Lewensky debacle. Neither were indicted for the Whitewater stuff however. That was a political witch hunt.

Nice phrasing. "Even L.T." Am I bottom of the barrel material? :lol

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Actually Bill is the one that was primarly under scrutiny and got the raw deal with the Lewensky debacle. Neither were indicted for the Whitewater stuff however. That was a political witch hunt.
Funny enough Baylor is under fire right now, because of Ken Starr not feeling particularly motivated to investigate the sex criminals on campus.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Funny enough Baylor is under fire right now, because of Ken Starr not feeling particularly motivated to investigate the sex criminals on campus.

That's not all they are avoiding. I've spent a bunch of time the last year in Waco staying with a friend that is going to law school there while I work. That town has some terrible history. You can feel the looming trouble ahead IMO. Baylor loves their coverups whole Waco loves to help them cover things up.

They have some of the dirtiest athletics programs ever.

townsend

Banned
That's not all they are avoiding. I've spent a bunch of time the last year in Waco staying with a friend that is going to law school there while I work. That town has some terrible history. You can feel the looming trouble ahead IMO. Baylor loves their coverups whole Waco loves to help them cover things up.

They have some of the dirtiest athletics programs ever.
I've always been wary of Waco, the branch davidian thing happened while I was growing up, and every person I've met from that city is just off. I always laugh at Austin with their "Keep Austin Weird" shirts

Mother fucker, Austin isn't weird, it's liberal and trendy. Waco's fucking weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom