Combine Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
More evidence that Randy Gregory is too thin to win..
Well, maybe if he keeps smoking pot he will gain weight from snacking so much. :unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is very intriguing stuff and I can't imagine the teams haven't already run these kinds of numbers.

What I love is how numbers show no bias, they are just facts.

Weight matters more for DE's than any stat for them or any other position... imagine that. More evidence that Randy Gregory is too thin to win.
First of all Gregory weighs 255 lbs now. So who really gives a shit what he weighed at the combine.

Second of all an observational study can not prove a correlation. Obviously the more a DE weights does not equal success. Otherwise teams would just put DTs out at DE. If 260 is good, 270 is better and 280 is even better yet, then why not 340 lb DE's. This is the obvious problem with an observational, there is no control. But I guess good for some bean counter from Harvard who wasted his time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They have the 2015 Combine on replay on NFLN.

Found it when I was DVRing this weekend's shit.

Just listening to a little of it, but Jesus, it is amazing how wrong Mayock was.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's more sad to see the champs of the workouts do zero in the NFL.

And why do they talk like they are announcing a golf tournament?

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
It's more sad to see the champs of the workouts do zero in the NFL.

And why do they talk like they are announcing a golf tournament?
When does the actual combine activities start? I'm trying to get my DVR on as well

Cotton

Staff member
When does the actual combine activities start? I'm trying to get my DVR on as well
It's in this thread, but Friday is when it really kicks off.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

RAIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Some are speculating that Henry runs in the high 4.4's to mid 4.5's, if he does that I don't think anybody will care about his weight, and it would probably even turn into a positive.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I love this guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah but nobody is saying he looked sloppy fat like they did about Lacy.
He is also a taller RB. So you have to sort of think of him in terms of a Steven Jackson type build. Jackson was always like 6'2" 240 lbs in the NFL. Henry will probably need to play in the same range.

Cotton

Staff member
Broaddus: Scouting 2 Generations of RBs; Evaluating Young OT Prospects
Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:05 AM CST

By Bryan Broaddus
Football Analyst/Scout
@BryanBroaddus

INDIANAPOLIS – Here are some thoughts I’ve been putting in my scout’s notebook here in the first couple of days at the combine: Read
Quarterback hand size does matter to Jason Garrett and the best quarterbacks are instinctive. He also believes that the evaluation of every player starts with the guy himself - who is that guy, how important is football to him, does he have a passion for the game, can he function in a team environment, what's his personal character, what's his football character - all these things.

I asked New York Jets General Manager Mike Maccagnan if he would be willing to get out of his spot at 20 to go back in the draft if a team called about a trade. Maccagnan thinks he's sitting in a pretty good spot and would be willing to move if the picks made sense. He added "Tell Jerry, Stephen and Will to give me a shout if interested."

Zack Martin's advice to his brother Nick in preparation for this upcoming Combine "Just be yourself, honestly. And then play your game. You don't have to do anything you didn't do in college."

Michigan State OT Jack Conklin, a likely 1st round selection in this draft, was asked the best pass rusher he has ever faced? "Randy Gregory, his first three steps off the ball are insanely quick." That's high praise from a tackle that has faced the likes of Joey Bosa, Ohio State and Frank Clark, Michigan.

I have heard the whispers already that scouts were questioning whether Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley really loved football. After listening to him talk, I could see why those questions are being asked. Stanley didn't come off as a confident guy and I think he knows that. When asked what he is trying to sell teams on? "My passion for football. I don't think many people know how important football is to me and how big of a role it's played throughout my life."
I have Alex Collins (RB Arkansas) currently in the 3rd round of my Draft Board. I love his running style but there were not many opportunities to see him catch the ball while in college and he offered this reason why "The way our system worked in college, we were more check-downs and what-not, so I feel like I can definitely be used more in the passing game on the next level."

Signs that you've been in this game a long time. Florida RB Kelvin Taylor is the son of former Jacksonville Jaguars running back Fred Taylor. Before the 1998 Draft, I timed Fred while he was a student in Gainesville. That day he ran a 4.40 on the stadium field which was impressive. Kelvin was asked when was the first time he beat his father in a foot race? " I was about 17". When asked how he took it? "Man, he just started shaking his head. He knew he was starting to get a little old then. That was it." Wishing you the best Kelvin, your dad was one of my favorites and always will be.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I like Alex Collins out of Arkansas as well.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Group 1 (Special Teams/Offensive Line), Group 2 (Offensive Line), Group 3 (Running Backs)

-Tuesday, 23 February - Travel to Indianapolis, Pre-Examination, X-Rays, Orientation, Interviews
-Wednesday, 24 February - Measurements, Medical Examination, Media, Interviews
-Thursday, 25 February - NFLPA Meeting, Psychological Testing, PK/ST Workout, Bench Press, Interviews
-Friday, 26 February - On-field workouts

Group 4 (Quarterbacks/Wide Receivers, Group 5 (Quarterbacks/Wide Receivers), Group 6 (Tight Ends)

-Wednesday, 24 February - Travel to Indianapolis, Pre-Examination, X-Rays, Orientation, Interviews
-Thursday, 25 February - Measurements, Medical Examination, Media, Interviews
-Friday, 26 February - NFLPA Meeting, Psychological Testing, Bench Press, Interviews
-Saturday, 27 February - On-field workouts

Group 7 (Defensive Line), Group 8 (Defensive Line), Group 9 (Linebackers)

-Thursday, 25 February - Travel to Indianapolis, Pre-Examination, X-Rays, Orientation, Interviews
-Friday, 26 February - Measurements, Medical Examination, Media, Interviews
-Saturday, 27 February - NFLPA Meeting, Psychological Testing, Bench Press, Interviews
-Sunday, 28 February - On-field workouts

Group 10 (Defensive Backs), Group 11 (Defensive Backs)

-Friday, 26 February - Travel to Indianapolis, Pre-Examination, X-Rays, Orientation, Interviews
-Saturday, 27 February - Measurements, Medical Examination, Media, Interviews
-Sunday, 28 February - NFLPA Meeting, Psychological Testing, Bench Press, Interviews
-Monday, 29 February - On-field workouts

Also, some interesting reading:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/60578/351/2016-nfl-combine-preview

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I love this guy.
Me too, he's awesome.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Laquon Treadwell a fan of Dez Bryant

Ole Miss receiver Laquon Treadwell is an inch taller than Dez Bryant with the same desire to attack the ball. Justin Ford/USA TODAY Sports
2:34 PM ET
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer
Email
print
comment
INDIANAPOLIS – In 2010 Dez Bryant was one of the most intriguing prospects at the scouting combine because NCAA violations cut short his final season at Oklahoma State.

These days Bryant is used as a measuring stick of sorts for wide receivers taking part in this week’s combine in Indianapolis.

Ole Miss’ Laquon Treadwell is considered the best of the draftable receivers and has been mentioned as a possibility for the Cowboys with the fourth overall pick.

“I wouldn’t say I would model my game after anyone, but I do like the way Dez Bryant plays, the way he attacks the ball, makes plays and makes the difficult plays,” Treadwell said. “Similarities are there, but I don’t like to model myself after anyone. I like to learn and create my own style of play.”

Treadwell caught 82 passes for 1,153 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2015. He is an inch taller (6-foot-3) than Bryant but nine pounds lighter (225). He will not run the 40-yard dash at the combine because he recently changed where he was working out. When he does his pro day work out he hopes to run in the low 4.5-second range.

Bryant timed at 4.53 seconds but plays faster.

“If I work my best and hardest I think it will all work out in the end,” Treadwell said.

Like it has for Bryant.

Top Bottom