2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

The government only deserves what you owe.
I was referring to the amount they take per paycheck. The government agrees to a total amount and interest rate initially with the borrower. Once payments are due, the borrower is SOL in terms of how they can pay it back sometimes and when it comes to garnishing wages, they lose all control whatsoever.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There may or may not be a market floating rate program and if there is they shouldn't be paying those rates but if you get a fixed rate and have a 10 to 20 year payout plan then I understand it.
The Federal Loans don't necessarily have terms to pay out. However like I said, after 20 years you potentially have loan forgiveness.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I was referring to the amount they take per paycheck. The government agrees to a total amount and interest rate initially with the borrower. Once payments are due, the borrower is SOL in terms of how they can pay it back sometimes and when it comes to garnishing wages, they lose all control whatsoever.
It's my understanding that garnishment amounts are determined by the state statutes in which the action occurs. Maximimums are set by these guidelines.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Federal Loans don't necessarily have terms to pay out. However like I said, after 20 years you potentially have loan forgiveness.
That would explain why many doesn't pay them. They shoot for the forgiveness date. Obviously much has changed since my involvement with them.

Carl

RIP Brother
This is the first night that I actually thought that the donald might win the Presidency. It is odd, but more conceivable daily.

I told someone two days ago, that for the first time since I have had the honor of voting here, I might vote R. But that was for Gov. Kasich. Now that Jebby has dropped out, I hope he stays in. We shall see!

D

Deuce

Trump will continue to win until the field narrows. Now Jeb's out and I assume Carson will be soon. After Michigan, probably Kasich too. If most of those votes get behind Rubio or Cruz then Trump will fall off.

Uts really the the only hope for the R party cause I can't see a maniac like him winning over the D's.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Trump will continue to win until the field narrows. Now Jeb's out and I assume Carson will be soon. After Michigan, probably Kasich too. If most of those votes get behind Rubio or Cruz then Trump will fall off.

Uts really the the only hope for the R party cause I can't see a maniac like him winning over the D's.
I just can't see Trump winning a one on one debate. He is good at zingers, but he will be exposed quickly as things get more technical.

townsend

Banned

Him winning the presidency would be more disastrous for the Rs than him losing. Can you imagine the backlash against an already struggling party would be if Trump was allowed to represent them for four years?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would still take Trump over Clinton or Sanders.
It is disgusting will likely end up being the result. Trump better get himself a good supporting staff because he is in over his head.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It is disgusting will likely end up being the result. Trump better get himself a good supporting staff because he is in over his head.
All the candidates are over their head if the truth were known. The current one certainly was and W. let the entrenched party use him like a credit card. It's simply a disgusting mess when guys like Kachich are overlooked.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
All the candidates are over their head if the truth were known. The current one certainly was and W. let the entrenched party use him like a credit card. It's simply a disgusting mess when guys like Kachich are overlooked.
:lol Yeah, I'm sure Clinton is in over her head. But hey, this is from the guy who would vote for a reality TV game show host just because (R).

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:lol Yeah, I'm sure Clinton is in over her head. But hey, this is from the guy who would vote for a reality TV game show host just because (R).
You keep saying stuff like this, but I'd strongly suspect you always vote for the (D).

townsend

Banned
I'm certain she will be in it over her head. In the same way every president of the modern era has been. Not quite the same as what an unqualified ass bag like Trump would be in store for. The man may be a lame duck from Inauguration Day. He has zero allies in Washington. He might as well be named Andrew Johnson.

Add to that his rote inexperience with diplomacy, foreign policy, economics, military strategy, or saying words that make sense, I think he might as well be at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
You keep saying stuff like this, but I'd strongly suspect you always vote for the (D).
I'd consider John Kasich, but he doesn't seem to have much of a chance since (R) has evidently opened voting in the primary this year to 12 year olds.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
She hasn't been president before and that office is larger than any candidate. Your depiction of Trump as a game show host displays your lack of knowledge about Trump or your closed mind to recognize he has accomplished more than your depiction.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
She hasn't been president before and that office is larger than any candidate. Your depiction of Trump as a game show host displays your lack of knowledge about Trump or your closed mind to recognize he has accomplished more than your depiction.
:lol Such a success story. Started off rich with daddy's money and would actually be $10 billion richer if he had quit 30 years ago and just invested in index funds.

http://www.moneytalksnews.com/why-youre-probably-better-investing-than-donald-trump/

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd consider John Kasich, but he doesn't seem to have much of a chance since (R) has evidently opened voting in the primary this year to 12 year olds.
The 12 year old are the ones who thought McCain was too old but gladly support Sanders.

Personally I think Kasich is not a good candidate.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The 12 year old are the ones who thought McCain was too old but gladly support Sanders.

Personally I think Kasich is not a good candidate.
People were rightfully scared off from McCain when he picked a batshit running mate. Who wanted to take that chance that she could run the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom