2017 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Interesting they only gave Twitter a year and shitty games. But yeah, this is huge. If they would offer ala carte games versus Sunday ticket, I would pay.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Interesting they only gave Twitter a year and shitty games. But yeah, this is huge. If they would offer ala carte games versus Sunday ticket, I would pay.
Hell, I already have Prime, so this is just bonus for me. :towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I just read that the games Amazon will be streaming are the Thursday night games. If this is all it is... Feh.

Amazon will replace Twitter as the NFL's partner to live stream their Thursday Night Football games.
The company will livestream the 10 “TNF” games carried by CBS and NBC as part of a one-year deal.
Amazon paid $50 million for the rights, substantially more than the $10 million that Twitter paid for “TNF” streaming rights last season.
Amazon has wanted to put sports rights on its Amazon Prime video service, and the NFL deal will allow the company to do that.

Cotton

Staff member
I just read that the games Amazon will be streaming are the Thursday night games. If this is all it is... Feh.

Amazon will replace Twitter as the NFL's partner to live stream their Thursday Night Football games.
The company will livestream the 10 “TNF” games carried by CBS and NBC as part of a one-year deal.
Amazon paid $50 million for the rights, substantially more than the $10 million that Twitter paid for “TNF” streaming rights last season.
Amazon has wanted to put sports rights on its Amazon Prime video service, and the NFL deal will allow the company to do that.
Oh, well fuck that. They paid $50 mill to stream TNF? :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh, well fuck that. They paid $50 mill to stream TNF? :lol
Yeah, that is just crazy. It is not even exclusive. It will be televised. I guess they think it appeals to people who want to watch only on tablets or phones. Like those dumb ass commercials where the hen pecked husband is trying to squeeze in a game while being dragged out of the house somewhere.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What the hell is the NFL doing? Putting games essentially as pay per view. Fucking retarded.

Good thing I'm already a prime member.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Oh, is this in addition to the regular network broadcasting?

Then F yeah, I retract my previous statement. That's awesome.

Cotton

Staff member
What the hell is the NFL doing? Putting games essentially as pay per view. Fucking retarded.

Good thing I'm already a prime member.
It's not even pay per view. The games will be televised, too. It's actually a smart move by the NFL and a pretty dumb move by Amazon.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, is this in addition to the regular network broadcasting?

Then F yeah, I retract my previous statement. That's awesome.
I should have waited to reply. I now retract my statement since your retraction came before my reply.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I retract everything based on the last few posts.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So is Amazon going to stream Phoenix for Prime customers to watch on their home tvs?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Cotton

Staff member
Blandino leaving can only be a good thing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Blandino leaving can only be a good thing.
Yeah first off the guy was terrible. And now I love how the NFL is claiming it as some massive loss. The officiating in the NFL has been going down hill since I started watching football. It's no longer just a penalty here or there to keep teams playing by the rules. Now everything is over officiated and we can't go a damn play without a penalty half the time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Absolutely heartbreaking.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Damn, there are no words.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There are just no words to describe this kind of grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom