User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cord Cutting

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    That said my affinity for the team has also wained.
    GTFO. Seriously?

This is the first I've ever heard of this.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Well. That is a great help. Thanks!
    Just didn't want you to lose hope for all of us.
    Since Day One

Can you get an app for the Dallas channels if you have a smart tv or on your computer? I can get apps for tv channels all over the country if I wanted to watch some of them.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    I could probably sever the cable system since I live in the Dallas area. I can't recall the last time I wasn't able to see the game live on a local channel.

5. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Pretty sure you need to talk to @dallen. I seem to recall him mentioning that he did.

My co-worker has jailbreak an Amazon fire stick and gets everything so he says. Local TV from everywhere so I assume you could get any football games you want.
    I got a Fire Stick this past Christmas and was able to watch some random NFL games on it.

There's a couple of Apps that I mainly used. The main and most popular one is Kodi. Within my Kodi app there's some sort of add-on called "ccloud TV" which allows you to watch live TV. Not all channels are loaded on there but a lot of the basic cable type channels and network TV channels (ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC) are on there.

The few games that I watched through ccloud TV were very clear with minimal buffering. The only drawback is the network TV channels were from random areas. IIRC there were usually 2-3 links for each of the network channels. I'd click on one of the CBS links and it may be the Denver market. I'd click on the other CBS link and it may be the NY market showing the Jets game.

There's another app that I use occasionally that's called SPMC. It's completely separate from Kodi but also usable on the Fire Stick. It's difficult finding a quality game on this one. It's basically the same thing as clicking on one of those links in Reddit for the game streams. Some trial and error with occasional buffering.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Please address me as General.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    GTFO. Seriously?

This is the first I've ever heard of this.
    Yeah, you see it's just that I really dislike Garrett and.... oh wait, were you being sarcastic?

Apologies. I felt my bringing it up was relevant. When I was homer mcfanboy I never wanted to not have directv and went to respectable lengths to keep it - including cutting down trees in my yard that blocked the satellite window etc. Since I'm not as big a diehard I don't mind missing 3-4 games a year, especially when so many of our games are prime time and the ones missed are vs Cleveland or other bland matchups.

Like booze said, were in the Panthers market so that conflicts sometimes, but it seems like most panther games are 1oclock kickoffs while Dallas is the later game. And again, you can find the games online to stream.

Do you guys just not like going to sports bars for the few games a year that aren't national?

I'm in north Texas where every game is on OTA TV, but I still watch almost every game with buddies at a bar somewhere. I think that's more fun than watching by myself, but I guess if you have kids, etc maybe you can't do that.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    Do you guys just not like going to sports bars for the few games a year that aren't national?

I'm in north Texas where every game is on OTA TV, but I still watch almost every game with buddies at a bar somewhere. I think that's more fun than watching by myself, but I guess if you have kids, etc maybe you can't do that.
    I'm in Florida and get all but about 2-3 Cowboys games per year.

I'll usually go to the sports bar to watch those few games. It's a much cheaper trade off than spending $300 for Sunday Ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    I could probably sever the cable system since I live in the Dallas area. I can't recall the last time I wasn't able to see the game live on a local channel.
    Um, get an antenna. Watch games for FREE!!