User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cord Cutting

Cord Cutting

Been thinking of getting rid of DirecTV for a while, even though the real only reason to keep it is for Sunday Ticket.

All I know is my family is spending waaaay too much on entertainment. Between having HBO, Netflix, AmazonPrime and Hulu, we tend to have enough to keep ourselves occupied most of the time.

Only concern is local channels with an antenna, live TV and of course football.

Has anyone cut the cord completely and still been able to get all the Cowboys games?

I know most are televised nationally. But there are some that are not and due to local constraints (Panthers conflicts for me), they are not televised. It is usually only three or four of the sixteen games, but after Catholic Radioing for a few years, I have vowed I will never go back. Plus I love the Redzone channel.

I got an Amazon Fire Stick recently and "jail broke" it. It is great for TV shows, movies etc.

Now the next step is live TV and ultimately ditching DirecTV.

Just curious about everyone else's experiences.

How many Cowboys game do you anticipate not getting at home without Sunday Ticket? What you going to do for these games?

Sunday Ticket is irreplaceable for me. On the other hand, can't you just share Amazon, Netflix and Hulu passwords with a buddy?

I could probably sever the cable system since I live in the Dallas area. I can't recall the last time I wasn't able to see the game live on a local channel.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    I could probably sever the cable system since I live in the Dallas area. I can't recall the last time I wasn't able to see the game live on a local channel.
    Well. That is a great help. Thanks!

5. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    How many Cowboys game do you anticipate not getting at home without Sunday Ticket? What you going to do for these games?

Sunday Ticket is irreplaceable for me. On the other hand, can't you just share Amazon, Netflix and Hulu passwords with a buddy?
    That is kind of the point. Three or four games will be conflicted by the Panthers game. I have yet to sit down and discover the true conflicts.

Pretty sure you need to talk to @dallen. I seem to recall him mentioning that he did.

My co-worker has jailbreak an Amazon fire stick and gets everything so he says. Local TV from everywhere so I assume you could get any football games you want.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Well. That is a great help. Thanks!
    Well it could be helpful if he was offering to set up a Slingbox in his closet for you.

Been thinking of getting rid of DirecTV for a while, even though the real only reason to keep it is for Sunday Ticket.

All I know is my family is spending waaaay too much on entertainment. Between having HBO, Netflix, AmazonPrime and Hulu, we tend to have enough to keep ourselves occupied most of the time.

Only concern is local channels with an antenna, live TV and of course football.

Has anyone cut the cord completely and still been able to get all the Cowboys games?

I know most are televised nationally. But there are some that are not and due to local constraints (Panthers conflicts for me), they are not televised. It is usually only three or four of the sixteen games, but after Catholic Radioing for a few years, I have vowed I will never go back. Plus I love the Redzone channel.

I got an Amazon Fire Stick recently and "jail broke" it. It is great for TV shows, movies etc.

Now the next step is live TV and ultimately ditching DirecTV.

Just curious about everyone else's experiences.
    I live in Missouri and there were like 2 games last year I didn't get and one of them was the Browns game. Which I watched at a bar.

That is kind of the point. Three or four games will be conflicted by the Panthers game. I have yet to sit down and discover the true conflicts.
    I know of a few people that did it and it worked out for games somehow. They lived about (outside of Texas).

Not that damned important midswat's Avatar
    I had it from 2001 to 2014. Cut the cord.

Like you said, most games are televised. The ones that aren't you can usually find them being streamed online somewhere. Used to think it was a must have. Don't miss it at all. That said my affinity for the team has also wained.