The Ultimate Jerry Jones Interview

stubbie

Not So New Member
I have seen it all. Been a lurker on this or other boards with a lot of you for years. Haven't been around a lot recently cause I don't need help wanting to slit my wrists as a Cowboys fan. Hoping we have a great off season and draft. LOOONG overdue.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have seen it all. Been a lurker on this or other boards with a lot of you for years. Haven't been around a lot recently cause I don't need help wanting to slit my wrists as a Cowboys fan. Hoping we have a great off season and draft. LOOONG overdue.
Seriously, post more.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The sole reason this board exists is so sane Cowboys fans don't slit their wrists.

You'll not find much Jerry love around here. And we like it that way.

stubbie

Not So New Member
The sole reason this board exists is so sane Cowboys fans don't slit their wrists.

"Sane" Cowboys fans...I think they are outnumbered here. Just saying...just look at some of the avatars. :lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

We like Jones once in a great while. Like when he does his salesman pitch and convinces someone like La'el Collins to play in Dallas.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We like Jones once in a great while. Like when he does his salesman pitch and convinces someone like La'el Collins to play in Dallas.
That or when he overrules gingerfuck on a 1st rnd TE, I'm having a hard time thinking of another example though

data

Forbes #1
Actually it was a good interview. Say what you want about Jerry, he is a go getter. His vision, drive and desire will not be truly appreciated until he is gone from this earth. He has done a lot for the NFL and remember he has won 3 Super Bowls. Cowboys fans are a lot like Jones. Spoiled and always wanting more.
Well said.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
"Sane" Cowboys fans...I think they are outnumbered here. Just saying...just look at some of the avatars. :lol
speaking of which...get an avatar!

:lol

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Y'all just been drinking too much haterade. Yes, he sucks as a GM, but probably one of the best owners of all time. It is what it is. You not getting rid of Jerry.
You know the owner has had the power to replace that guy who has sucked as a GM for the past 20 years, right? That means the owner sucks as an owner.

I grew up right in the middle of the franchise going 18 of 20 years in the playoffs and not having a losing season in that span. The team went to 5 super bowls in that span. I can't remember how many nfc championship game appearances, but I know it's at least 8, and probably more like 10. And that's with around 4 legit starting QBs in that span, so it's not like they were riding 1 great player. They were a well run organization.

That's my standard.

Care to compare that to the past 20 years? I think we have made the playoffs something like 8 or so times. Only about 3 teams have failed to make the NFC championship game in that time, and we're one of them. We are now a poorly run organization. And we've had the same "great" owner calling the final shots in each and every one of those years. The same owner who refuses to fire the incompetent GM that continually fails to live up to the standards established by the predecessors of this once great organization.

Cotton

Staff member
You know the owner has had the power to replace that guy who has sucked as a GM for the past 20 years, right? That means the owner sucks as an owner.

I grew up right in the middle of the franchise going 18 of 20 years in the playoffs and not having a losing season in that span. The team went to 5 super bowls in that span. I can't remember how many nfc championship game appearances, but I know it's at least 8, and probably more like 10. And that's with around 4 legit starting QBs in that span, so it's not like they were riding 1 great player. They were a well run organization.

That's my standard.

Care to compare that to the past 20 years? I think we have made the playoffs something like 8 or so times. Only about 3 teams have failed to make the NFC championship game in that time, and we're one of them. We are now a poorly run organization. And we've had the same "great" owner calling the final shots in each and every one of those years. The same owner who refuses to fire the incompetent GM that continually fails to live up to the standards established by the predecessors of this once great organization.
Well said.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have some towels and a bunch of soap bars.

Everyone let me know how we want to do this.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Actually it was a good interview. Say what you want about Jerry, he is a go getter. His vision, drive and desire will not be truly appreciated until he is gone from this earth. He has done a lot for the NFL and remember he has won 3 Super Bowls. Cowboys fans are a lot like Jones. Spoiled and always wanting more.
If there was an "unlike" option, I would unlike this post 100 times.

data

Forbes #1
Was Al Davis a great owner in the 2000s?

He has 3 Super Bowl wins, too.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Probably so. It seems to be the ultimate measuring stick for everything from HOF induction to dynasties.

Cotton

Staff member

We have been over this. Al actually had a great eye for talent. He won those rings literally on his own. Not with a genius like Jimmy. There is no comparing the two.

Jiggyfly

Banned
We have been over this. Al actually had a great eye for talent. He won those rings literally on his own. Not with a genius like Jimmy. There is no comparing the two.
Al had a great eye for talent but to say he won on his own is overblown, John Madden was a great coach.

Top Bottom