China send 150k troops to North Korean border....

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Holy shit. Seriously?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What's the source on this?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
American Military News among many other.

teh googles

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
American Military News among many other.

teh googles

Cotton

Staff member
I only found one article on it with a quick search, but here it is...

China Sends 150K Troops To North Korean Border
By FITS - April 10, 2017

Things are escalating quickly … all over the world.

In addition to the powder keg in Syria – needlessly stoked by an ill-conceived American escalation last week – there is looming destabilization in Asia.

According to Chosun, a Korean news agency, the People’s Republic of China has moved an estimated 150,000 troops to the border of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (a.k.a. North Korea) in order to prepare for “unforeseen circumstances.”

Among such unforeseen circumstances? The possibility of “military action” by the United States.

Over the weekend, U.S. president Donald Trump ordered the U.S.S. Carl Vinson (CVN – 70) – a 1980 Nimitz-class aircraft carrier – and three guided-missile destroyers to break off planned exercises in Australia and head toward the Korean peninsula.

This redirection was ostensibly ordered in response to North Korea’s latest missile test – in which a nuclear-capable intermediate-range ballistic missile called the Pukguksong-2 was successfully fired for the second time.

Both North Korean missile tests took place as Trump was welcoming key Asian leaders for meetings at his Winter White House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida.

The Chinese military posturing comes two months after its government announced the immediate suspension of coal imports from North Korea – cutting off a vital economic lifeline for North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un. That move seemed to be in keeping with Trump’s calls for Chinese leader Xi Jinping to deal more aggressively with the rogue nation, which continues to pursue an aggressive nuclear program against the wishes of the international community.

townsend

Banned
I don't see any prominent news outlets picking this up yet. I feel like this goes in the 'wait and see' pile.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't see any prominent news outlets picking this up yet. I feel like this goes in the 'wait and see' pile.
Yeah, I'm a little slow to believe this, as well. I google and set the time parameters on the search to 24 hours and only got one result. If this were true you would think every media outlet in the country would be all over it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I thought I had tied this to an earlier report that occured in February when the half brother was killed but its hazy.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Word is the Chinese marched there to present North Korea with evidence pertaining to Vince Foster's death.

:unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Wonder why this hasn't got the dreaded "fake news" label.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

townsend

Banned
Because the local board Centrist couldn't find a way to slam the Republican's by calling this fake news.
I wanna take on this "centrist" thing again for a second. I feel like you can be a democrat or republican centrist. Hillary was a center left candidate, Kasich was a center right candidate. A centrist should be willing to vote for a center candidate over an extremist from their own side. I would have voted for Kasich over Jill Stein, presumably Jiggy would have as well. Because the center is more important than the right or left.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wanna take on this "centrist" thing again for a second. I feel like you can be a democrat or republican centrist. Hillary was a center left candidate, Kasich was a center right candidate. A centrist should be willing to vote for a center candidate over an extremist from their own side. I would have voted for Kasich over Jill Stein, presumably Jiggy would have as well. Because the center is more important than the right or left.
A centrist would disagree with extreme Democrats and extreme Republicans alike.

Top Bottom