Dallas emerges as a favorite to host 2018 draft at Cowboys' training facility

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Dallas has emerged as a favorite to host the 2018 NFL draft at the Cowboys' new training facility in Frisco, Texas league sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

Philadelphia is also in contention, while Kansas City and Green Bay are considered long shots. An official decision on the 2018 draft site is not expected to be made until after this year's draft.
But Dallas is pushing to host the draft and has the infrastructure to get it done at The Star -- the Cowboys' new training facility.

The draft never has been held in Texas. A move there would represent yet another venue for the event after a run from 1965 to 2014 in which the draft was held annually in New York City.

New York City is not in consideration for next year's draft, a source told ESPN, and doesn't sound as if it will be in the mix any time soon.

After two years in Chicago, the draft will return to Philadelphia later this month for the first time since 1961.

------------

DCC convention? :towel

Newt

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I would love to go have a draft party. I could see myself taking a week off for that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would be pretty cool to see that facility. It looks pretty awesome.

townsend

Banned

Dallas has emerged as a favorite to host the 2018 NFL draft at the Cowboys' new training facility in Frisco, Texas league sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

Philadelphia is also in contention, while Kansas City and Green Bay are considered long shots. An official decision on the 2018 draft site is not expected to be made until after this year's draft.
But Dallas is pushing to host the draft and has the infrastructure to get it done at The Star -- the Cowboys' new training facility.

The draft never has been held in Texas. A move there would represent yet another venue for the event after a run from 1965 to 2014 in which the draft was held annually in New York City.

New York City is not in consideration for next year's draft, a source told ESPN, and doesn't sound as if it will be in the mix any time soon.

After two years in Chicago, the draft will return to Philadelphia later this month for the first time since 1961.

------------

I'd be very down for that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, count me in on that, as well.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Anyone else down for a trip to Six Flags while we are at it?

Newt

DCC 4Life
Fair warning, Arlington is between 75 to 90 minutes away from Frisco.
Yeah that's not too bad, I normally drive 2 hours to get there so it would just be a filler day for me. We can do that on day two, we normally waste those picks anyways.....

midswat

... soon
Sources: Dallas favored to host 2018 draft

Sources: Dallas favored to host 2018 draft

Dallas has emerged as a favorite to host the 2018 NFL draft at the Cowboys' new training facility in Frisco, Texas, league sources told Field Yates of ESPN on Wednesday.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Definitely in for a DCC convention for that.

midswat

... soon
Boozeman and I will planes traned and automobiles our way to the convention.

Those aren't pillows.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Count me in, just so I can scream, "WHAT?!?!" everytime Goodell says something.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Boozeman and I will planes traned and automobiles our way to the convention.

Those aren't pillows.
:lol

That would be great.

Don't forget to sing "Blue Moon of Kentucky" as you head down the final stretch in a burned to a crisp makeshift convertible.

D

Deuce

------------

I'm in.

Yeah, count me in on that, as well.
Ohhh wait, I think I have plans. :unsure

Top Bottom