Jerry Jones wants NFL to relax rules against marijuana use

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You can still be punished for committing a crime. Same way a player gets punished for a DWI and yet the NFL doesn't randomly test players for alcohol.
Right. Guess I should have finished reading the thread. :art

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
This is a stupid question. Just because the league would stop testing for it doesn't make it mandatory that players use it. If players are caught in possession, they'd still be charged legally. Just like a DUI.
what's the point of mainstreaming marijuana if some players have to break the law to use it? you might even create a perverse incentive for free agents to sign with teams in weed-friendly states. hint: not the Cowboys.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
what's the point of mainstreaming marijuana if some players have to break the law to use it? you might even create a perverse incentive for free agents to sign with teams in weed-friendly states. hint: not the Cowboys.
Who said anything about "mainstreaming" marijuana? Exaggerate much? Again. Just because the league might stop testing for it doesn't mean players HAVE to use it. I'd bet the use would be about as common as it is right now.

I'm guessing your argument makes sense over at Retarder Universe. Hint: it doesn't here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Um players probably prefer Miami to Green Bay too. Or how about States that don't have income taxes compared to States that do? This is just stupid, of course players consider the location of a team they will be playing for. That's as old as the NFL.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Um players probably prefer Miami to Green Bay too. Or how about States that don't have income taxes compared to States that do? This is just stupid, of course players consider the location of a team they will be playing for. That's as old as the NFL.
weather and tax rates are outside of the NFL's control. you're asking me to envision a scenario where the NFL will not punish/suspend a player who was busted for weed in a state where it's still illegal. don't see it happening.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Who said anything about "mainstreaming" marijuana? Exaggerate much? Again. Just because the league might stop testing for it doesn't mean players HAVE to use it. I'd bet the use would be about as common as it is right now.
"mainstreaming" as in turn a blind eye and stop testing. players/tokers in Cali will have an unfair advantage over players in Texas. way too unwieldy for the NFL to consider until it's legalized nationwide (and it won't be).

I'm guessing your argument makes sense over at Retarder Universe. Hint: it doesn't here.
Last I checked, you're still a member of that proud fraternity.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Last I checked, you're still a member of that proud fraternity.
Used to be. Quit posting over there when some lowlife was posting underage, pedo shit.

You might remember him...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
aaaand we're back where we started. you really need some new material. the clutched pearls act is getting old.

Top Bottom