2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
i'm fully convinced now that it's gonna be worse once Jerruh passes it 100% on to his kindred.

Stephen Jones looks insufferable.
He is just as stupid as his father.

Not as driven to prove himself right, but he feels qualified. We will never hire a real GM.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mickey Spagnola ‏@Spags52 56s
RT @KavnerDC: The Cowboys had 8 rushing touchdowns in 2012 & 5 rushing touchdowns in 2011. Randle had 24 rushing touchdowns in 2011 alone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
RT @KavnerDC: The Cowboys had 8 rushing touchdowns in 2012 & 5 rushing touchdowns in 2011. Randle had 24 rushing touchdowns in 2011 alone.
Good luck getting that with this shit OL.

Cotton

Staff member
Meh, it's the 5th round. I am just glad we waited until late to take a RB.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Oh, that makes it all better. Because the correlation between NFL defenses and the non-existent ones in the Big XII is direct.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't hate Randle like most of you but I'm not thrilled either. I'd have preferred Gillislee or Stepfan in the 4th but I'm ok with Randle too.

Cotton

Staff member
Rapid reaction: Joseph Randle
April, 27, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

Pick: Oklahoma State running back Joseph Randle, No. 151 overall

Pros: A good north-and-south runner with above average speed who does a nice job eluding defenders. He also is an excellent pass catcher out of the backfield and displayed an ability to block well in pass protection.

Cons: Had a fumbling problem early in his career but seemed to solve it in 2012. Randle doesn't have a strong lower body, something that needs work in the weight room.

Cowboy fit: The Cowboys have talked about finding a solid backup for DeMarco Murray because of some durability issues. Randle adds competition to the position and while the Cowboys like Lance Dunbar, it could mean the end for Philip Tanner. The Cowboys want their backup running backs to play special teams and it will be interesting to see if Randle can handle that aspect of the job.

Could have had: RB Stepfan Taylor, Stanford; C Khaled Holmes, USC; RB Johnathan Franklin, UCLA; DE Devin Taylor, South Carolina.

I thought Franklin and Taylor was gone already.

D

Deuce

he excels in the passing game.

- McShay

well, that tells us all we need to know.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I get the impression booze doesn't care much for the pick. Is he better than Tashard Choice? Looks good enough, and productivity counts.

D

Deuce

Rapid reaction: Joseph Randle
April, 27, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

Pick: Oklahoma State running back Joseph Randle, No. 151 overall

Pros: A good north-and-south runner with above average speed who does a nice job eluding defenders. He also is an excellent pass catcher out of the backfield and displayed an ability to block well in pass protection.

Cons: Had a fumbling problem early in his career but seemed to solve it in 2012. Randle doesn't have a strong lower body, something that needs work in the weight room.

Cowboy fit: The Cowboys have talked about finding a solid backup for DeMarco Murray because of some durability issues. Randle adds competition to the position and while the Cowboys like Lance Dunbar, it could mean the end for Philip Tanner. The Cowboys want their backup running backs to play special teams and it will be interesting to see if Randle can handle that aspect of the job.

Could have had: RB Stepfan Taylor, Stanford; C Khaled Holmes, USC; RB Johnathan Franklin, UCLA; DE Devin Taylor, South Carolina.

I thought Franklin and Taylor was gone already.
They were. Watkins is a hack.

Cotton

Staff member
he excels in the passing game.

- McShay

well, that tells us all we need to know.
It means we will never throw to him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We should've just taken Jonathan Franklin and then some random donk CB in the 5th if it was so necessary.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get the impression booze doesn't care much for the pick. Is he better than Tashard Choice? Looks good enough, and productivity counts.
Really skinny legs and gets caught from behind. I don't hate him but I don't see anything special. He isn't the style of RB I prefer but at least we waited until the fifth to get our backup RB. Bet your bottom dollar we get a LBer in the sixth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom