State Senator Ralph Shortey, Prostitution with Underage Boy

Jiggyfly

Banned
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-oklahoma-senator-idUSKBN16N287

An Oklahoma Republican state senator who campaigned as a champion of family values was booked on felony prostitution charges on Thursday after police found him in a motel room with a teenage boy and drugs, court documents showed.

Ralph Shortey, 35, was charged with three felony counts, including engaging in child prostitution, court documents filed in Cleveland County showed. Shortey, who has served since 2010, has not spoken to media about the incident.

According to an arrest affidavit, police found Shortey and a 17-year-old male, who was not named, in a motel room in Moore, south of Oklahoma City, on March 9.

"Officers present observed a strong odor of marijuana coming from the room and inside the room at the time of their contact with the defendant," the affidavit said, adding the officers also "found an opened box of condoms in the defendant's backpack."

According to court records, Shortey was booked at a local jail on Thursday afternoon. His bond has been set at $100,000 and local media said he was released about two after he surrendered.

Oklahoma politicians from both major parties called on Shortey to resign, including Republican Governor Mary Fallin.

"The charges against him do not reflect the character and decorum that we expect of an elected official," Fallin said in a statement.

A guns rights advocate who has taken a hard-line stance against abortion, Shortey was sanctioned by the Republican-dominated state Senate on Wednesday on a 43-0 vote for "disorderly behavior."

The sanctions imposed penalties such as stripping him of his office space, removing him from committee positions and canceling his reserved parking space.

(Reporting by Jon Herskovitz in Austin, Texas and Lenzy Krehbiel-Burton in Tulsa, Oklahoma.; Editing by David Gregorio)
#1crossover, Thursday at 10:32 PM

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:drama

Cotton

Staff member
It is kind of gross, but WGAS about some yahoo shit kicker Okie senator? Like he isn't the first pervert elected official.
It could be the most WGAS story of the year. But, the word Republican was in the story, so it is post worthy, I guess.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is kind of gross, but WGAS about some yahoo shit kicker Okie senator? Like he isn't the first pervert elected official.
And frankly in a lot of states 17 is legal. So basically I agree, gross but don't give a shit. Well unless you're a wannabe Centrist.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And frankly in a lot of states 17 is legal. So basically I agree, gross but don't give a shit. Well unless you're a wannabe Centrist.
Wait. You mean all Centrists don't comb through every little news story looking for dirt on Republicans?

Weird.

2233boys

Not So New Member
An Oklahoma Republican state senator who campaigned as a champion of family values was booked on felony prostitution charges on Thursday after police found him in a motel room with a teenage boy and drugs, court documents showed.
I think this is the main point. It seems a lot of these "Family Values" types often turn out to be hypocrites/Pervs/dirtbags.

Is it news? No.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think this is the main point. It seems a lot of these "Family Values" types often turn out to be hypocrites/Pervs/dirtbags.

Is it news? No.
Yeah, the guy is a f'n POS, lying scumbag. No doubt.

But do you think if the lead in had said, 'A California Democrat state senator...' the story would have been posted at all? That's the point people are making here.

2233boys

Not So New Member

But do you think if the lead in had said, 'A California Democrat state senator...' the story would have been posted at all? That's the point people are making here.
Depends, I'd post if I found it and it turned out he was a hypocrite. I like when politicians are exposed for their true colors.

The problem is their fans have a hard time buying the truth when it is provided. I can get a little defensive about Bernie, but I'd turn on him with a quickness if he did something like this.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Depends, I'd post if I found it and it turned out he was a hypocrite. I like when politicians are exposed for their true colors.

The problem is their fans have a hard time buying the truth when it is provided. I can get a little defensive about Bernie, but I'd turn on him with a quickness if he did something like this.
Yeah, I can agree with that. Frankly, I'm sick of politics on either side of the aisle. All politicians lie to further their agendas, which unfortunately, more and more it involves bettering themselves and their friends instead of the country and it's citizens.

Jiggyfly

Banned

And the point is wrong.

It was a laugh at this doofus story, you know the kind that posted on here all the time.

You are the one who made it political.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Wtf is going on in this thread.

Why the hell is everybody so defensive, I posted it because another blowhard got caught with his pants down, nothing more and nothing less.

And now my political leanings get called into question.:lol

Dam some folks are hyper sensitive these days.

Cotton

Staff member
Wtf is going on in this thread.

Why the hell is everybody so defensive, I posted it because another blowhard got caught with his pants down, nothing more and nothing less.

And now my political leanings get called into question.:lol

Dam some folks are hyper sensitive these days.
That's a fact.

Top Bottom