2015 Season | Super Bowl L | Carolina Panthers vs Denver Bronces | 2/7/2016

townsend

Banned
Garrett has had the benefit of multiple HOF caliber players on his team's, and still managed 3 8-8 seasons. In the terms of "meat left on the bone" going 8-8 for three consecutive seasons with Murray, Dez, and Romo is pretty unforgivable. Even Wade's skill position group was less talented than that.

Let's talk about the coordinator side too. Wade won us our first playoff game of the millennium when he took DC away from Brian Stewart. Garrett won his first playoff game when OC was taken away from him. Unlike Wade, Garrett's success is inversely proportional to his involvement.

data

Forbes #1
I didn't get to see his postgame. How was he a punk?
This coming from a non-Cam hater as I chalk it up to just being a ham/showboat.

Even as a ham, lose with some respect to the process.

he didn't say anything bad or disrespectful, but it's his body language. Slouched in chair, hoodie pulled over his head, giving short answers in an annoyed way. Very much like a 5-year old after you've taken away his toy.

Theres a a way to display your dejected, you gave it 100% and all, but this is not the right way.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Stay classy, Clay.

We're talking about head coach not coordinator. Gosh, I am so gay for Garrett I compared him to Chan fucking Gailey.
Yeah, Garrett also has a worse record as HC than Wade Phillips too. Thing is, Phillips brings something to the table. Your husband doesn't. Garrett isn't good at anything.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This coming from a non-Cam hater as I chalk it up to just being a ham/showboat.

Even as a ham, lose with some respect to the process.

he didn't say anything bad or disrespectful, but it's his body language. Slouched in chair, hoodie pulled over his head, giving short answers in an annoyed way. Very much like a 5-year old after you've taken away his toy.

Theres a a way to display your dejected, you gave it 100% and all, but this is not the right way.
Yeah, he probably still has some growing up to do. I'm sure he wanted so badly for this storybook season to be true, that it crushed him. He has to learn to be able to handle that better.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So, let's make things equal. Wade as a DC >>> Garrett as an OC. That's not even debatable.
I would agree Wade is better at pure Xs and Os than Garrett. Obviously last night was very impressive, though he does have a shit ton of talent.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Garrett has had the benefit of multiple HOF caliber players on his team's, and still managed 3 8-8 seasons. In the terms of "meat left on the bone" going 8-8 for three consecutive seasons with Murray, Dez, and Romo is pretty unforgivable. Even Wade's skill position group was less talented than that.

Let's talk about the coordinator side too. Wade won us our first playoff game of the millennium when he took DC away from Brian Stewart. Garrett won his first playoff game when OC was taken away from him. Unlike Wade, Garrett's success is inversely proportional to his involvement.
No offensive line, no skill production. Finally solved, offense clicks.

And no, I'm not talking about coordinator. Wade has had a long career as an Xs and Os guy. I don't want him just because of his stigma but there is a place for him in he league in that role -- just not on my team.

Cotton

Staff member
I would agree Wade is better at pure Xs and Os than Garrett. Obviously last night was very impressive, though he does have a shit ton of talent.
Garrett has a shit ton of talent, too. Best OL in the league. Top 10 QB, that could be debated as a top 5 QB. Top 5 WR. Had one of the better RBs in the league. And, all he could eek out was 8-8 three years in a row. 6-10 if you go back to his OC days.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, and don't do that stupid dance. Wade is a better coordinator than Garrett. Period.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
No offensive line, no skill production. Finally solved, offense clicks.

And no, I'm not talking about coordinator. Wade has had a long career as an Xs and Os guy. I don't want him just because of his stigma but there is a place for him in he league in that role -- just not on my team.
:lol You are such a pathetic abject liar. Anyone but your fantasy lover would have run the ball against GB in 2013 and you still claim it never happened that he lost play calling duties because of that.

Cotton

Staff member

What a spoiled little fuckface.

Cotton

Staff member

Even back then he looked like a little shit.

Cotton

Staff member

townsend

Banned
No offensive line, no skill production. Finally solved, offense.
That excuse might work for 2011, when Smith was our only worthwhile lineman, but we had Free, Leary, Frederick, and Smith in 2013. Still 8-8.

Let's talk about the fact that so many of those 8-8 years relied mostly on Tony coming in and playing street ball when the game plan fell apart in the first half. How many losses could be attributed to Garrett's poor play calling, and poor clock management (the second problem persisting to this day.)

What about a coach whose primary skill set is QB coaching who can't win with a backup QB (meanwhile Campo had won games with Ryan Leaf and Clint Stoerner.)

Garrett isn't just one of the weakest coaches on his own team, he was probably the biggest liability on Wade's teams as well.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
How do you not jump on that fumble? Cam lost me on that play. That's the kind of thing that defines a career

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That excuse might work for 2011, when Smith was our only worthwhile lineman, but we had Free, Leary, Frederick, and Smith in 2013. Still 8-8.

Let's talk about the fact that so many of those 8-8 years relied mostly on Tony coming in and playing street ball when the game plan fell apart in the first half. How many losses could be attributed to Garrett's poor play calling, and poor clock management (the second problem persisting to this day.)

What about a coach whose primary skill set is QB coaching who can't win with a backup QB (meanwhile Campo had won games with Ryan Leaf and Clint Stoerner.)

Garrett isn't just one of the weakest coaches on his own team, he was probably the biggest liability on Wade's teams as well.
Wade saw it too, which is why he wanted someone to come in and hold gingers hand

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
How do you not jump on that fumble? Cam lost me on that play. That's the kind of thing that defines a career
Yeah, that was pretty bad. Business decision, you think? Either way, you can't half-ass it in the biggest game of your life.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom