Official Manziel To Dallas? Griffin To Dallas? Thread

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
If he is smart *that Princeton thing ya know!) he'll understand Romo is one good lick away from being done and he needs that competent QB in tow. Even if Johnny didn't have the issues, both he and RG3 have issues. The logical thing to do is take the QB at 4 and prep him as fast as you can.

D

Deuce

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Thank the Lord for little miracles.

dallen

Senior Tech

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's not dreaming, to me it's more discussion of what I/we would do were we in charge.
I think the "we" means the Cowboys, not the DCC.

I don't think he was referring to our dreaming, but that of a franchise that consistently deludes itself into thinking that magic will happen.

If Myles Jack blows up at the Combine it makes it even more likely, even though I wouldn't absolutely hate him at 4.
Lord I pray he's way, way off our list. This guy does not impress me in the slightest.

What a shitty draft.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What are you even talking about? I have seen many mocks with Goff going to Clev. Not sure where this dumb shit about mocks not meaning anything...part of my rationale for this is McShay mocking Goff to aClev.
I am commenting on you having a problem with us not taking a QB at 4 because he was not ranked that high.

If Goff goes to Cleve at 2 it's not crazy to say the other QB's would be ranked lower than some other people at 4, Wentz is being projected all over the place at this time.

The mocks comment was concerning both QB's are not consensus top 4 picks so why is crazy to think Dallas might not feel the same?

Jiggyfly

Banned
If they sign a vet, I think that pretty much eliminates a QB at 4. Bradie Bottle Lock that shit.
I don't think this thinking is off base but nothing anybody has said indicates that is the way we are leaning.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
One down and one to go, hopefully.

dallen

Senior Tech
His agent just dumped him.

Cotton

Staff member
I was just about to post that. It's rare that an agent fires the client. His career is over.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's time for him to go away for awhile and get real long term help.

This is bigger than a substance abuse issue.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Look at all of our recent backup QBs; Brad Johnson, Jon Kitna, Kyle Orton, Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel.

All veteran, pro style, pocket QB's, not a single one of them with any ounce of running ability. Neither Griffin or Manziel match the profile for the type of backup QB's we've had over about the last 10 years. Neither Garrett or Linehan run offenses with any kind of read option action or designed running ability for the QB's.

Signing a guy like Griffin or Manziel (even though there is clearly a 0% chance of signing Manziel now) just makes no logical sense and the only way it would conceivably happen would be if Jerry went off the deep end and just ignored Garrett, Stephen, McClay and probably the vast majority of the rest of the coaching staff/personnel department.

Sure, it could happen, but there is no logical tie aside from the media pointing at shiny objects.

Cotton

Staff member
Johnny Manziel's father: If son doesn't get help, QB 'won't live to see his 24th birthday'

By Kate Hairopoulos , Staff Writer

Johnny Manziel's family is concerned for his well-being, but the NFL quarterback has twice declined to be admitted to area rehabilitation facilities in the last week, according to his father, Paul Manziel.

"I truly believe if they can't get him help, he won't live to see his 24th birthday," Paul Manziel told The Dallas Morning News.

On Friday, Manziel's agent Erik Burkhardt also voiced concern for Manziel and announced that he is terminating their professional relationship.

The family first tried Saturday afternoon to get Manziel, 23, to agree to go to the Enterhealth Ranch addiction facility in Van Alstyne, but he would not stay. That attempt came the day after Manziel's former girlfriend alleged in a police report that he hit her repeatedly at a Dallas hotel and while driving her home to Fort Worth on Jan. 29. Manziel has not been charged in the incident, but a Fort Worth Police helicopter searched the area for him.

Paul Manziel said that he tried to have his son admitted Tuesday to Carrollton Springs Hospital, but that Johnny was allowed to leave. Paul Manziel said that he is upset that his son was allowed to walk away after Paul told a Denton County Sherriff officer that he believed Johnny to be suicidal. Carrollton Springs is a 45-bed psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital in Carrollton, providing inpatient and outpatient treatment to adults suffering from mental illness and/or addiction, according to its website.

Johnny Manziel, who is from Tyler and Kerrville, Texas, has spent the last several weeks in Dallas. The former Texas A&M quarterback and 2012 Heisman Trophy winner has been seen out, including at Wednesday night's Mavericks game.

Colleen Crowley, Manziel's ex-girlfriend, said Manziel acted like he was on drugs but not intoxicated during the Jan. 29 incident, according to the police report.

Manziel, who is expected to be released from the Cleveland Browns in early March, spent time in a rehabilitation facility during the last NFL off-season.

He started six games for the Browns this season, his second in the league, but his time in Cleveland has been dominated by off-field incidents since he was selected in the first round of the 2014 NFL draft.

In a statement Friday, Burkhardt said: "It is with deep regret that after several emotional and very personal discussions with his family, his doctors, and my client himself, I have made the decision to terminate my professional relationship with Johnny Manziel. Though I will remain a friend and Johnny supporter and he knows I have worked tirelessly to arrange a number of professional options for him to continue to pursue, it has become painfully obvious that his future rests solely in his own hands. His family and I have gone to great lengths to outline the steps we feel he must take to get his life in order. Accountability is the foundation of any relationship, and without it, the function of my work is counterproductive."

dallen

Senior Tech
Hopefully the guy gets the help he needs, and hopefully that help comes far away from the Cowboys

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully the guy gets the help he needs, and hopefully that help comes far away from the Cowboys
This isn't Hardy blackout drunk situation anymore. This is Joseph Randle, batshit crazy area Manziel has wondered into. I seriously hope he gets the mental help he needs. This clearly isn't just a kid who likes to party too much.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Clear drug addiction problems and potentially mental health issues as well. Good thing Stephen Jones talked us out of that pick cause I would have taken him that draft (of course, I didn't have access to background checks either).

Top Bottom