2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
yea its rough. We get in with a recruit relatively well and then ohio st, michigan, penn st, michigan st or wisconsin jumps in. Rutgers is the girl still at the bar at 2AM, if nothing better comes we will just take this
At least you have basketball.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
yea its rough. We get in with a recruit relatively well and then ohio st, michigan, penn st, michigan st or wisconsin jumps in. Rutgers is the girl still at the bar at 2AM, if nothing better comes we will just take this
Wasn't Rutgers the one that clocked the ball on 4th down in that one game?

:tippytoe

Jiggyfly

Banned
Overall a pretty meh class for A&M not the usual star power.

But some good o-line depth and some nice CB prospects which were badly needed.

This is why I was questioning the recruitment of Murray last year, that was just begging for trouble.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Wasn't Rutgers the one that clocked the ball on 4th down in that one game?

:tippytoe
:lol yea that was us. The QB, although I don't like him at all, was told by the entire coaching staff to clock it. I don't blame him for that and every single one of those coaches are gone. I'm looking forward to a brighter future than being basement dwellers of the B1G

Cotton

Staff member
:lol yea that was us. The QB, although I don't like him at all, was told by the entire coaching staff to clock it. I don't blame him for that and every single one of those coaches are gone. I'm looking forward to a brighter future than being basement dwellers of the B1G
I'm a Tech fan, so I can't say much.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Jarrett Guarantano! GO VOLS!

Overall Tennessee finished with the 14th ranked class with 21 signees and 9 Top 300 prospects.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Most significant flips

1. Top-ranked athlete Tyler Byrd, Naples, Florida (flipped from Miami to Tennessee)
2. Wide receiver Tyrie Cleveland, Houston (flipped from Houston to Florida)
3. Defensive tackle Shavar Manuel, Tampa, Florida (flipped from Florida to Florida State)
4. Safety Jamel Cook, Miami (flipped from Florida State to USC)
5. Linebacker Erick Fowler, Manor, Texas (flipped from LSU to Texas)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/story/_/id/14708916/florida-state-seminoles-michigan-wolverines-make-most-noise-national-signing-day

Jiggyfly

Banned
Most significant flips

1. Top-ranked athlete Tyler Byrd, Naples, Florida (flipped from Miami to Tennessee)
2. Wide receiver Tyrie Cleveland, Houston (flipped from Houston to Florida)
3. Defensive tackle Shavar Manuel, Tampa, Florida (flipped from Florida to Florida State)
4. Safety Jamel Cook, Miami (flipped from Florida State to USC)
5. Linebacker Erick Fowler, Manor, Texas (flipped from LSU to Texas)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/story/_/id/14708916/florida-state-seminoles-michigan-wolverines-make-most-noise-national-signing-day
Reading through that article there are a lot of 2nd genertaion NFL stars entering college.

M Irvin
Randy Moss
Keith Jackson
Sean Gilbert

All have sons going into college.

Cotton

Staff member
Reading through that article there are a lot of 2nd genertaion NFL stars entering college.

M Irvin
Randy Moss
Keith Jackson
Sean Gilbert

Sterling Shepard.

Cotton

Staff member
What college is he going to?:unsure
Skimmed your post, and only saw the second generation thing and it made me think of Shepard.

Cotton

Staff member
Big 12 will consider expanding membership, according to report
Connor Tapp - Feb 2, 1:07 PM 8

During its conference meetings this week in Irving, Texas, the Big 12 is expected to consider expanding its membership to 12 teams, according to a report by The Sporting News. Potential expansion targets include BYU, UConn, Cincinnati, Central Florida, and South Florida.

BYU's large football program and alumni base make it the most attractive option, but the school's refusal to let athletes compete on Sundays creates a scheduling nightmare for the non-football sports. Though neither have especially large football followings, adding UConn and Cincinnatti would help connect West Virginia with the rest of the conference while even further strengthening the quality of the conference's basketball offerings. Or the conference could add USF and UCF to establish a foothold in the Sunshine State.

Of course, there are more than a few schools in the conference who would rather see the conference stand pat with its current membership of 10. A rule change in Jan. 2016 made it so that having just ten members won't keep the Big 12 from having a conference championship game in football, but it does have an opportunity to grow its potential TV inventory by expanding into the North- or Southeast.

There could be more dire consequences to not expanding, though. Last month, Oklahoma president David Boren resurrected the Sooners' threat to leave the conference if the Big 12 doesn't make moves to get itself on level footing with the SEC, Big Ten, and Pac-12.

D

Deuce

UCF and USF make the most sense in terms of tv sets they can bring (they combine to add about 13M which will roughly double the Big 12 footprint) and the recruiting base expansion.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

M Irvin
Randy Moss
Keith Jackson
Sean Gilbert

Some of them are really making me feel old.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Some of them are really making me feel old.
Saw Gary Paytons kid at Oregon State on some ESPN highlights recently and that hit me like a brick.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Michigan is getting an amazing class this year and has potential to get the #1 player in the country - Rashan Gary. That would be an amazing haul for them. Rutgers will never get NJ kids to stay home so now our new coach Chris Ash is going all over the freakin country for kids. I kind of like it but how do you build a relationship with a HS from Texas if you are Rutgers?
Yeah, we had an amazing recruiting class this year. Getting Rashan Gary was icing on the cake, and just a taste of what Harbaugh will do in the coming years. I don't give a shit whether pundits or fans agree with his recruiting methods. All I care about is him bringing in quality kids and winning games. And if that means reminding recruits that guys like Tom Brady and Derek Jeter have ties to the program (along with tree climbing, sleepovers and Ric Flair), so be it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, we had an amazing recruiting class this year. Getting Rashan Gary was icing on the cake, and just a taste of what Harbaugh will do in the coming years. I don't give a shit whether pundits or fans agree with his recruiting methods. All I care about is him bringing in quality kids and winning games. And if that means reminding recruits that guys like Tom Brady and Derek Jeter have ties to the program (along with tree climbing, sleepovers and Ric Flair), so be it.
What are Jeters tie to the Michigan program.:lol

I have no issue with what he is doing but let's be real it was pretty much a variety show with celebs to impress the kids.

Or did I miss the rich history that Lou Holtz has with Michigan.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
What are Jeters tie to the Michigan program.:lol

I have no issue with what he is doing but let's be real it was pretty much a variety show with celebs to impress the kids.

Or did I miss the rich history that Lou Holtz has with Michigan.

Born in NJ (the best state in the universe) then moved to Kalamazoo, MI. He got a scholarship to play at UM but turned it down to play professionally for your New York Yankees

Jiggyfly

Banned
Born in NJ (the best state in the universe) then moved to Kalamazoo, MI. He got a scholarship to play at UM but turned it down to play professionally for your New York Yankees
And that makes him worthy of being up there with Tom Brady how?

I mean come on he got scholarship offers from how many other schools?

I'm sure Mich State offered him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom