Doug Free to retire

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Eh. That sucks. Would have rather had a plan in place before hand, but whatever.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He wasn't great but I have to say this one worries me a little.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He wasn't great but I have to say this one worries me a little.
Yeah, he wasn't great but he wasn't nearly as bad as people liked to say he was, either. Pretty good 4th round pick, really.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The weak link is gone. That WK 17 game in Philly was like a tutorial on how not to play RT. If Green could stay on the field, I'd be somewhat optimistic.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The weak link is gone. That WK 17 game in Philly was like a tutorial on how not to play RT. If Green could stay on the field, I'd be somewhat optimistic.
Yeah I sign a guard. Good news is we have money now. Free wasn't that cheap.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, he wasn't great but he wasn't nearly as bad as people liked to say he was, either. Pretty good 4th round pick, really.
Yeah, people went all apeshit on him unnecessarily at times. If you get a 10 year starting type out of a 4th, that is pretty good.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Makes Oline a legit need. In a not great Oline draft. I'd sogn someone to compete with Chaz and Collins.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If you think an unreliable player like Green is better based on a small bit of actual gameplay, you really aren't very smart.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Makes Oline a legit need. In a not great Oline draft. I'd sogn someone to compete with Chaz and Collins.
It is a fucking terrible draft for OTs.

Forget it if you don't take one in the first two rounds.

This is not a good thing.

D

Deuce

Yeah, people went all apeshit on him unnecessarily at times. If you get a 10 year starting type out of a 4th, that is pretty good.
I agree, but he did deserve the negative attention at times. His performance against Minnesota in the playoffs was beyond horrid.

I just wish he would have made his decision a week ago giving the team a chance to make a more educated decision on Leary.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is a fucking terrible draft for OTs.

Forget it if you don't take one in the first two rounds.

This is not a good thing.
Like i said, find a free agent. I'll be oissed if we waste a first or second day pick on one. Chaz is good but god his injury problems are terrible.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I agree, but he did deserve the negative attention at times. His performance against Minnesota in the playoffs was beyond horrid.

I just wish he would have made his decision a week ago giving the team a chance to make a more educated decision on Leary.
I doubt the team was blindsided by this news. It was announced a couple weeks ago that Free might retire. I'm sure that somebody from the team has spoken to him about this before today.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If you think an unreliable player like Green is better based on a small bit of actual gameplay, you really aren't very smart.
I think it's safe to say that he thinks Free was a profound disappointment.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
true, he underwhelmed at LT in those pre-season games, but I'm hoping the move to RT won't be as challenging. again, health permitting.

Top Bottom