28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Are you fucking kidding me?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Are you fucking kidding me?
:lol

I doubt he is even a lock for the roster. He bounced around a lot last year. Sort of like Butler, I'm guessing he is just a shot in the dark who can be cut if he doesn't earn a roster spot.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Paia, Moore and Carroll are all players we've been linked to in the past.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Paia, Moore and Carroll are all players we've been linked to in the past.
Good point.

It is almost like we referred back to the notes from last offseason and tried a do-over.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
He was pretty highly touted coming out of college. A lot of first round talk. Then he had a shitty combine, and turned out to be a head case. I wouldn't count on him to do much if he even makes the roster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys give Damontre Moore chance to earn spot

9:13 PM ET

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- Roughly seven months after he worked out for the Dallas Cowboys in training camp, Damontre Moore is joining the team on a one-year deal, according to a source.

Moore was a third-round pick by the New York Giants in 2013 but failed to live up to expectations and was eventually cut after an altercation with a teammate in 2015. He finished the year with the Miami Dolphins. After his release from the Oakland Raiders in August, he worked out for the Cowboys but was out of the game until joining the Seattle Seahawks. He suffered a foot injury but managed a half-sack in seven games last season and earned praise from coach Pete Carroll.

He was also arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated late last year.

Moore, who played at Rowlett (Texas) High School outside Dallas before going to Texas A&M, will have to avoid off-field issues in order to remain with the Cowboys throughout the offseason.

The on-field expectations are low, but at one point, teams thought highly of him. He has 10 sacks in his career, and the Cowboys hope he can be the next in a line of players who have come in with little fanfare and exceeded expectations, like George Selvie and Jack Crawford.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
His arrest for DWI was on 12/29 and I have not seen that the case has been disposed of yet.

We actually could have just signed a player in free agency who will be suspended for one game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
His arrest for DWI was on 12/29 and I have not seen that the case has been disposed of yet.

We actually could have just signed a player in free agency who will be suspended for one game.
I've said it before, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the roster. But he is also a guy who had 5 sacks in a season with the Giants so there is some pass rush talent their.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
Seems like most of those guys that were on those Manziel led A&M teams are busts or shit heads

dallen

Senior Tech
Why are we signing busts with character risks?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is a pointless signing.

Paea and Carroll were fine as depth signings, Williams was a great move, this guy might not make it out of TC.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I've said it before, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the roster. But he is also a guy who had 5 sacks in a season with the Giants so there is some pass rush talent their.
Yep. If he proves to be a moron or is beat out, he's easily cut. Not a bad contract for a young guy that does have some talent. If he shows it, great. If not... bye.

Top Bottom