Nolan Carroll Signed

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Per Twitter

3 years, $10 million w/ $4million in the first year.

Gee. I'm not impressed. He sucked in Philly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eew. Didn't want him last year.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Not a bad signing. Not a horrible contract, and helps keep us from feeling forced into taking a CB high.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
At least it was cheap. But yeah, not really wanting him to be a 16 game starter for us.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bet Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey and Terrelle Pryor are shitting themselves.
Yeah, but if he is just one of our top 4 it's not that big of a deal. I think Brown and Scandrick are better then him. I'd still add another corner to start over him either in free agency or the draft. Luckily this is one of the deepest corner drafts in years.

Plus I'd rather draft a safety then a corner high in the draft.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I doubt this guy is looked at as a long term solution for us. Just depth and somebody to cover for having to force a pick at the position. And I'm ok with that. Grab a corner in the first four rounds and suddenly we have a group of Scandrick, Brown, Carroll, and the draft pick. Not bad.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm still hoping Carr comes back.

3 years 10 mil is fourth string money these days.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, but if he is just one of our top 4 it's not that big of a deal. I think Brown and Scandrick are better then him. I'd still add another corner to start over him either in free agency or the draft. Luckily this is one of the deepest corner drafts in years.

Plus I'd rather draft a safety then a corner high in the draft.
I wish I could just say it is a depth signing, but usually a free agent, any free agent we sign, gets penciled in for a significant role.

Getting a CB was a foregone conclusion, but I would have probably been more comfortable with Carr.

This guy is very overaggressive and got picked on a lot last year. Were it not for some good safety play from Jenkins, they would have been one of the worst starting CB duos in the league.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt this guy is looked at as a long term solution for us. Just depth and somebody to cover for having to force a pick at the position. And I'm ok with that. Grab a corner in the first four rounds and suddenly we have a group of Scandrick, Brown, Carroll, and the draft pick. Not bad.
Yep, I really like Brown. And this is a pretty great corner draft. This way we don't have to take a corner in the first round.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I'm still hoping Carr comes back.

3 years 10 mil is fourth string money these days.
I was hoping he would be back on a reasonable deal but I wonder if this signing kind of closes the door on that. I would imagine it is still possible from a financial standpoint but I'm guessing this is just a cheaper option and they will be drafting a couple CBs.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Brandon Carr....2015/2016....1 INT.

OMGz I hope we resign him!!!

Nolan Carroll..2015/2016....3 INTs

OMGz....teh Carroll suckz!!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nolan Carroll was pretty solid really in 2015 before the broken ankle. 2016 was a bad year for the Eagles corners. They got torched deep a lot. I could certainly see him having a bounce back season with us. Its a low risk move and if he does bounce back we have him for a few years. The worst part of one year deals is that if they do bounce back they bolt.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Nolan Carroll was pretty solid really in 2015 before the broken ankle. 2016 was a bad year for the Eagles corners. They got torched deep a lot. I could certainly see him having a bounce back season with us. Its a low risk move and if he does bounce back we have him for a few years. The worst part of one year deals is that if they do bounce back they bolt.
And the nice thing about the deal that he got is if he sucks out loud in 2017 they can cut him if they want. They are going to draft CBs the next couple of years. This just feels like a cheap vet band aid/bridge signing and some of those types of moves are necessary.

The only question is someone better could have been signed for a comparable deal and that I don't know. Not going to get anyone great for that money.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And the nice thing about the deal that he got is if he sucks out loud in 2017 they can cut him if they want. They are going to draft CBs the next couple of years. This just feels like a cheap vet band aid/bridge signing and some of those types of moves are necessary.

The only question is someone better could have been signed for a comparable deal and that I don't know. Not going to get anyone great for that money.
Yeah that's a dirt cheap price. I doubt we are totally done in free agency even yet. Although more cap space may need to be created.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Brandon Carr....2015/2016....1 INT.

OMGz I hope we resign him!!!

Nolan Carroll..2015/2016....3 INTs

OMGz....teh Carroll suckz!!
There's much more to a corner than interceptions.

Put it this way. The eagles are desperate for corners. It's a way bigger need for them than it is for us. And they couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Put it this way. The eagles are desperate for corners. It's a way bigger need for them than it is for us. And they couldn't get rid of him fast enough.
I actually thought they were talking contracts with him in like December. I guess things changed since then though.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Could be a lot of reasons they got rid of him.

But just for shits and giggles..how about passes defended?

Carr 15... 2015/2016
Carroll 24...2015/2016

Top Bottom