Official Manziel To Dallas? Griffin To Dallas? Thread

p1_

DCC 4Life
I agree with Cooley. I currently believe RGIII to Dallas will happen. That's Jerry's Cam right there (never mind the fact that has a much thicker build).

Manziel, even if Jerry still is dumb enough to believe in him on the field, there's just too much outside nonsense. The dedication just isn't there.

I don't believe that Griffin will have any starter offers.

My only hope is they still have the sense to draft Goff/Wentz regardless.
If we pursue either, I prefer RGIII.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd be hard pressed to believe RG3s agent would let him sign without a promise that he'd be groomed. If Dallas signs RG3 then turns around and drafts a QB at 4, Griffin is back to being odd man out in terms of the QB of the future. Why wouldn't he go somewhere he would start more immediately then? That's what I'd tell him if I was his agent.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd be hard pressed to believe RG3s agent would let him sign without a promise that he'd be groomed. If Dallas signs RG3 then turns around and drafts a QB at 4, Griffin is back to being odd man out in terms of the QB of the future. Why wouldn't he go somewhere he would start more immediately then? That's what I'd tell him if I was his agent.
One of the "insider" type reporters said recently that based on some of the conversations he's had with league personnel men RGIII is unlikely to get a guaranteed spot anywhere. He has to prove himself at this point, and repair his image too. I believe that. I don't think he'll have a lot of options.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Don't worry. As soon as Jones starts falling all over himself with Griffin, he will all but kiss his ass and tell him he will not have to compete with a high draft choice.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the thing. RGIII has no real reason to come to Dallas unless they basically tell him he is the heir apparent to Romo. Otherwise there are plenty of NFL teams he can go to next year and at least compete for the starting spot right away.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's the thing. RGIII has no real reason to come to Dallas unless they basically tell him he is the heir apparent to Romo. Otherwise there are plenty of NFL teams he can go to next year and at least compete for the starting spot right away.
But but he is from Dallas and uh uh he loves the Cowboys....

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But but he is from Dallas and uh uh he loves the Cowboys....
Manziel will just be lucky to have a job with all of his off the field shit. So I could see him coming to Dallas and us still drafting a guy. RGIII is different though. He has no real off the field issues and has at least one elite NFL season under his belt. He will have lots of options.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Manziel will just be lucky to have a job with all of his off the field shit. So I could see him coming to Dallas and us still drafting a guy. RGIII is different though. He has no real off the field issues and has at least one elite NFL season under his belt. He will have lots of options.
Most of Griffins problems are on the field issues.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Michael Irvin: I will work with Johnny Manziel; Cowboys should help save him

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter: @SportsDayDFW

Former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin joined Rich Eisen to chat about Johnny Manziel.

Manziel is expected to be released by the Cleveland Browns in March, and Irvin would love to see the former Texas A&M Aggies star in a Cowboys uniform.

"I love the game of football and the game of football saves lives," Irvin said. "If you can get a young guy, Johnny Manziel won a Heisman Trophy at 18-19 years old. He is still growing up. I don't know why we think if a guy can throw a football it makes him the most mature person in the world. There will come a time when he will cross over that threshold and become a great football playerm and I am willing to work with him on that and I hope the Cowboys do get him.

"I know this kid has worked hard to get where he is. Let's give the kid another shot, he lands in a better spot and get around the right kind of people. Help him become a better football player and a better man. That's what the game of football does."

On the pressure of playing in Dallas:

"There's a lot of pressure with coming to play in Dallas. When you are around people that are more sympathetic and have dealt with issues like the Cowboys or like a Jerry Jones who will get in there and talk to him on a man-to-man level and help him come along as a man. (Jones) helped me become a better man, and he will take his time. When you know there is somebody pulling for you in the higher office, it does make a difference. I think it can make a difference in this kid's life."

-----------------

Mike, STFU. You are not helping things.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My reply when I saw that tweet...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most of Griffins problems are on the field issues.
The only issue off the field that he has is that he is a bit of a cry baby.

On the field his biggest issues are injuries. The guy can't stay healthy to save his life. Just isn't built to take a hit which is bad for a QB whose best skill is running the ball.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Hi, Carson. You know I am not going to draft you, right?

That's it, smile you ginger bison-eatin' MFer. That's right.

For the camera.

~salesman wink~

p1_

DCC 4Life
Griffin or Manziel. Sheesh.
I'd sign Griffin to be Romo's backup, and Id draft the best QB available at 4.
Romo will most likely get hurt again, virtually assuring PT for Griffin, while our
sterling QB coach mentors the newb. Cassel, buh bye.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd sign Griffin to be Romo's backup, and Id draft the best QB available at 4.
Romo will most likely get hurt again, virtually assuring PT for Griffin, while our
sterling QB coach mentors the newb. Cassel, buh bye.
Nice plan but if I am drafting a QB at 4, his ass is getting every rep Romo doesn't get. Not some dipshit bust that can't read a coverage.

Get either of the "veteran" options, we might as well kiss a QB in this draft goodbye.

And the more I read, the more I believe that we won't draft a guy when it matters.

We will do the same bullshit dreaming we always do.

Top Bottom