2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ok maybe I spoke to soon.

New Orleans McDonogh 35 athlete Clifford Chattman has announced he will be signing with Texas A&M.

That's a Florida State flip.:towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Longhorns absolutely killing it today. They loaded up on high end DL early and now just pulled a 5* LB and Safety.
For the 2nd year in a row.

This will be the first season where Charlie Strong will be coaching a team that is largely made up of his recruits and not Mack's, so it's now or never for him.

It's been frustrating to say the least watching them get blown out one too many times the last 2 years, but I've been more patient with Strong than some others because I was aware of the dog shit squad he was handed. Not a single offensive skill position player worth a damn, and a stable of QBs that were downright awful.

He needs to start one of his QB recruits from last year, ideally, Kai Locksley, and roll with one of them. If you're gonna sink, you might as well do it with you guys.

Hopefully this will be the season where it finally gets going for us.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The offense looks like some high school crap. The QBs can't even complete a pass.

Although I do predict that Chris Warren will smash many defenders in the Big 12. That kid is a damn badass.
The offense looks like crap because we our QBs were awful and we didn't have a receiver who could make a play.

Charlie Strong did not run an option offense at Louisville, but he was forced to do it at UT because of how poor the offensive talent was. Swoops and Heard couldn't throw a forward pass, but they could move, so he had to adapt to what he had.

This year, though, the excuses stop and it's time to make something happen regardless of who plays QB.

As for Warren, I really hope he is what we expect him to be. Mack Brown recruited the top RB in the state in consecutive years (Malcolm Brown and then Jonathan Gray), and neither one of those guys panned out. I'm hoping Warren actually looks like the elite player he's supposed to be.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pretty impressive for UH to get a top 4 player in the country in Ed Oliver, but I think that's a mistake for that kid.

As an elite defensive front 7 player, there are just certain schools that never play defense and never allow you to show your ability due to not playing conventional football. UH is one of them, so it'll be tough for him to dominate the trenches in a system that isn't really designed to get stops.

They just want to outscore everybody.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We've already put together some nice LB classes the last 2 years, but I still wanted Dontavious Jackson.

Oh well.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Michigan is getting an amazing class this year and has potential to get the #1 player in the country - Rashan Gary. That would be an amazing haul for them. Rutgers will never get NJ kids to stay home so now our new coach Chris Ash is going all over the freakin country for kids. I kind of like it but how do you build a relationship with a HS from Texas if you are Rutgers?

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned
Michigan is getting an amazing class this year and has potential to get the #1 player in the country - Rashan Gary. That would be an amazing haul for them. Rutgers will never get NJ kids to stay home so now our new coach Chris Ash is going all over the freakin country for kids. I kind of like it but how do you build a relationship with a HS from Texas if you are Rutgers?
Sell them on the proximity to the big city, it's still a long shot but it could be a draw.

dallen

Senior Tech
It wouldn't be NSD if the rivals site didn't crash.

A tradition unlike any other...
Yeah! What kind of website can't even stay online?!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Rutgers OC, as young and inexperienced as he is, is from Texas.

He actually grew up in the same neighborhood and went to the same HS as my fiance, so that's a fun fact.

But yea, they may not be around long there at Rutgers since it's kind of a wasteland job.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Maryland is having a decent class despite the new staff not retaining their former ace recruiter, and thus losing two of our top recruits to Ohio St. The new HC has brought in a bunch of big-time recruiters who have ties to different parts of the country so I really didn't mind letting Locksley go, and we've already pulled about 6 or 7 kids from Florida in this class with the staff being around for just 2 months. No big time names of course but several solid 3 star prospects that we never would've got before, and getting a foothold in the area would be huge.

They also pulled the Alabama POY, he's only a 3 star because he's about 5-9 but he put up mind boggling stats playing against good competition, is electric as a runner and has a good arm. Could easily end up being one of those classic stories of a kid who the big schools wanted as a WR/DB/RB but chooses to go to a smaller school to play QB and ends up killing it.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
The Rutgers OC, as young and inexperienced as he is, is from Texas.

He actually grew up in the same neighborhood and went to the same HS as my fiance, so that's a fun fact.

But yea, they may not be around long there at Rutgers since it's kind of a wasteland job.
true. I hate to admit it since I'm a longtime fan but as soon as Schiano left we've had difficulty with everything. Kids getting arrested on the regular, keeping relationships with NJ/PA/NY coaches, winning football games etc. I think it can be turned around but it has to be the right guy for the right job. Chris Ash although only on the job for a month is recruiting NR and 2 star's that fit his mold of hard workers. It's not going to work out in the short term but in the long run I hope we get a massive culture change, which is definitely just as important as getting big names

dallen

Senior Tech
Pretty boring day all in all for Arkansas. No big surprises. But it is always fun to see the enthusiasm the kids have even if they don't pick your school. Don't really understand the idiots that get mad at these kids.

Oh, look. Rivals is down again.

D

Deuce

true. I hate to admit it since I'm a longtime fan but as soon as Schiano left we've had difficulty with everything. Kids getting arrested on the regular, keeping relationships with NJ/PA/NY coaches, winning football games etc. I think it can be turned around but it has to be the right guy for the right job. Chris Ash although only on the job for a month is recruiting NR and 2 star's that fit his mold of hard workers. It's not going to work out in the short term but in the long run I hope we get a massive culture change, which is definitely just as important as getting big names

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The consensus seems to be that we came away with a top 10 recruiting class, so I can't complain one bit about how this day went.

Now it's time to produce results on the field.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
yea its rough. We get in with a recruit relatively well and then ohio st, michigan, penn st, michigan st or wisconsin jumps in. Rutgers is the girl still at the bar at 2AM, if nothing better comes we will just take this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom