Terrence Williams Re-Signed

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a reason Dallas released him previously and NY recently. He may be as good as Whitehead but that's saying nothing. I don't think Harris has found his game while in NY.
Yeah, Harris is ok but I wouldn't try to resign him. We have 3 proven guys at the top. We should use the other spots to get younger at the position if at all possible. I don't want to be sitting here a year or two from now with no WR's ready to step into a predominant role in the offense. And that doesn't mean I want Lucky Whitehead around next year, I'm ok with replacing him.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Yeah, Harris is ok but I wouldn't try to resign him. We have 3 proven guys at the top. We should use the other spots to get younger at the position if at all possible. I don't want to be sitting here a year or two from now with no WR's ready to step into a predominant role in the offense. And that doesn't mean I want Lucky Whitehead around next year, I'm ok with replacing him.
I would love to see them sign Harris if they can get him on a cheap 2 year deal but he would see virtually no time at WR. He was a damn good special teamer in his time in Dallas and that is where his value lies. If he can still make an impact that way and would sign a contract commensurate to that skill set I'd be all over it. If he is still looking for a team that will give him more snaps at WR then feh.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Harris made the Pro Bowl last year as a STer, no?

He would be extremely valuable as the 5th WR here while providing a huge boost to punt and kick coverage and returns.

If you want a spot for a young up and comer, go after worthless Brice Butler.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Harris made the Pro Bowl last year as a STer, no?

He would be extremely valuable as the 5th WR here while providing a huge boost to punt and kick coverage and returns.

If you want a spot for a young up and comer, go after worthless Brice Butler.
I'll go after both with young speed thanks, you don't need 5 veteran wrs.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'll go after both with young speed thanks, you don't need 5 veteran wrs.
Yep. Bringing Harris back is basically a retread move, and this team has gotten away from that bullshit the last few years.

Harris doesn't bring that much to the table anymore..I'd rather see a couple flyers on a blazing type return guy/WR in the bottom rounds.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wasn't really worried about losing Williams because I felt we could've gotten by with a 2nd-4th round pick and Butler, but it sure is nice to have him back on a below market deal. I'm definitely not in love with him as a player but he is a pretty reliable 2 who comes up with big plays at random times.

dallen

Senior Tech
I saw this headline over the weekend and rolled my eyes. Now that I see the money: Holy crap! This is a great signing

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I saw this headline over the weekend and rolled my eyes. Now that I see the money: Holy crap! This is a great signing
Like they say, you get what you pay for. He may come cheap, but that doesn't make him or the team better. We needed to improve at wideout, not maintain the status quo. Hell, even New England got better.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We needed to improve at wideout?
There's no room for improvement at every position? Then why are coaches are always telling us otherwise? Beasley is fine, but plodding Dez struggles against quality corners, inconsistent TWill is no one's idea of a quality #2, and Brice's biggest impact on the team was a damaging huddle penalty. And don't get me started on the non-existent depth behind old man Witten, who's clearly on the downside. You can't be cavalier about TWill's departure (as many were last week) and then do a sudden 180 because he signed "cheap."

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
There's no room for improvement at every position? Then why are coaches are always telling us otherwise? Beasley is fine, but plodding Dez struggles against quality corners, inconsistent TWill is no one's idea of a quality #2, and Brice's biggest impact on the team was a damaging huddle penalty. And don't get me started on the non-existent depth behind old man Witten, who's clearly on the downside. You can't be cavalier about TWill's departure (as many were last week) and then do a sudden 180 because he signed "cheap."
We had a very prolific offense last year. Of course there's room for improvement, but that's very different from saying we needed to upgrade. I'm perfectly fine with the status quo there and I'm glad we didn't create a hole where there wasn't one before. The real needs are on defense.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think so. Got to make up for the even bigger dumpster fire our defense will be.
But instead of creating a hole by letting a player walk from a pretty good offense I'd rather see us just focus on improving the defense. I never wanted to sign a wide receiver to the money that some of them have been getting on the open market so I'm more than fine with bringing Williams back. And now we don't have to worry about forcing a wide receiver pick in the draft or what happens if Bryant gets injured again.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We had a very prolific offense last year. Of course there's room for improvement, but that's very different from saying we needed to upgrade. I'm perfectly fine with the status quo there and I'm glad we didn't create a hole where there wasn't one before. The real needs are on defense.
Prolific? It was a checkdown offense predicated on very little speed. Nor will Dez be facing a stiff like LaDarius Gunter every week. You can't have a "wideout is a luxury considering all our problems on defense" mindset. Good teams (see: Pats) don't think like that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But instead of creating a hole by letting a player walk from a pretty good offense I'd rather see us just focus on improving the defense. I never wanted to sign a wide receiver to the money that some of them have been getting on the open market so I'm more than fine with bringing Williams back. And now we don't have to worry about forcing a wide receiver pick in the draft or what happens if Bryant gets injured again.
I don't disagree that getting Williams back was good, especially at the price. I want better than Brice Butler though. Tight end and the Dunbar role need to upgrade too.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I want better than Brice Butler though.
We all do. But this guy is what, the 5th or 6th receiving option? I think he was re-signed more for just covering a hole in case we don't draft another, or find somebody better in UDFA. If he is here another year, it's not going to kill us. If we find a better replacement, it won't kill our cap to cut him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We all do. But this guy is what, the 5th or 6th receiving option? I think he was re-signed more for just covering a hole in case we don't draft another, or find somebody better in UDFA. If he is here another year, it's not going to kill us. If we find a better replacement, it won't kill our cap to cut him.
I think we signed him before we had any idea that we would be able to bring Williams back. Luckily it's a one year deal for 1.5 mil. That's not the kind of deal that promises him a roster spot.

townsend

Banned
Prolific? It was a checkdown offense predicated on very little speed. Nor will Dez be facing a stiff like LaDarius Gunter every week. You can't have a "wideout is a luxury considering all our problems on defense" mindset. Good teams (see: Pats) don't think like that.
You realize Dez had a very productive season once he returned from injury right? He had 7 TDs in 8 games. Including really productive games against top flight defenses like Baltimore and Minnesota. Acting like the pack's depleted DB core is the only reason Dez was productive is pretty silly considering OBJ had 28 yards against the same defense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You realize Dez had a very productive season once he returned from injury right? He had 7 TDs in 8 games. Including really productive games against top flight defenses like Baltimore and Minnesota. Acting like the pack's depleted DB core is the only reason Dez was productive is pretty silly considering OBJ had 28 yards against the same defense.
Anybody who refers to our offense as a check down offense has already shown their colors as someone who doesn't have a clue on the subject.

Top Bottom