America's 'everything' fighter jet is a total disaster

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I wonder how many employees jobs are derived from this project? All the expenditure isn't just going into corporate pockets.
If they were actually building planes, there would be lots. Since that assembly line never started up, well, probably a very small number.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If they were actually building planes, there would be lots. Since that assembly line never started up, well, probably a very small number.
You would be surprised how many it takes to support research.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You would be surprised how many it takes to support research.
Yeah, I would imagine there are a lot of engineers working on something like this.
Sure sounds like they've earned their pay. Sorry, I don't see any silver lining to wasting that much money employing people to pretend to design a plane and come up with nothing. They're on the government dole every bit as much as your local welfare momma.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Just to put this into perspective if we had spent that money on buying F-16s, F15s, F-18s, A-10s, and Harriers, we'd end up with around 50,000 planes depending on how we wanted to spread the money around. That's how big a fuck up this program is.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Sure sounds like they've earned their pay. Sorry, I don't see any silver lining to wasting that much money employing people to pretend to design a plane and come up with nothing. They're on the government dole every bit as much as your local welfare momma.
Except they're earning as much as a hundred welfare mamas, plus benefits.

It's not like engineers are actually hurting for jobs either. If it wasn't for government they'd just have to actually design things that work in the private sector.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I wonder how many employees jobs are derived from this project? All the expenditure isn't just going into corporate pockets.
Meaningless. Jobs that don't add value are essentially the equivalent of new deal era ditch digger jobs, which is mere wealth redistribution.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Yeah, I would imagine there are a lot of engineers working on something like this.
:lol What? 100? 1000?

The number of jobs that would be created by investing 1.3 trillion in our shitty, crumbling fucking infrastructure would dwarf any amount of jobs created on a POS jet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol What? 100? 1000?

The number of jobs that would be created by investing 1.3 trillion in our shitty, crumbling fucking infrastructure would dwarf any amount of jobs created on a POS jet.
I have an even better idea. Give the 1.3 trillion back to the people who earned it in the first place instead of wasting it which is all government can seem to do.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I have an even better idea. Give the 1.3 trillion back to the people who earned it in the first place instead of wasting it which is all government can seem to do.
Sure. And hope you're not the one driving over the next freeway bridge that collapses.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure. And hope you're not the one driving over the next freeway bridge that collapses.
Sure, because we have seen what happens when government tries to stimulate the economy by putting money into infrastructure. Cities rip up good roads and replace them simply to get the free federal funding and totally ignore the bridges which actually need replaced.

Or maybe you have already forgotten what a massive failure "shovel ready" was by Obama and our lovely administration.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sure, because we have seen what happens when government tries to stimulate the economy by putting money into infrastructure. Cities rip up good roads and replace them simply to get the free federal funding and totally ignore the bridges which actually need replaced.

Or maybe you have already forgotten what a massive failure "shovel ready" was by Obama and our lovely administration.
So what do we do about the infrastructure?

It is a real issue so how do we fix what needs fixing?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wasn't indicating there was a silver lining. I was saying that the expenditures on this project didn't just go into the executives pockets as you indicated. The majority was spent on wages toward the research.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Meaningless. Jobs that don't add value are essentially the equivalent of new deal era ditch digger jobs, which is mere wealth redistribution.
That wasn't the point of my comment. It was to indicate that all the money spent didn't just end up in the pockets of the corporate executes. Most went to protect people. It's not a economic justification response.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So what do we do about the infrastructure?

It is a real issue so how do we fix what needs fixing?
Use the funds that are already allocated to it to actually fix the things that need fixing. We have a real problem with wasting money in government. Instead of actually fixing that problem governments solution always seems to be throw more money at it. The United States already spends something like 400,000,000,000 annually on infrastructure. Most of it paid for by the states (Which is the way it should be, the Federal government should be much smaller and have a fraction of the budget it has now).

The problem isn't money. The problem is what is actually getting fixed and what isn't. Bridges for example often get pushed to the backburner because they take a long time to fix and cities usually can't afford to shutdown a bridge for any extended period of time because of the inconvenience it causes.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Use the funds that are already allocated to it to actually fix the things that need fixing. We have a real problem with wasting money in government. Instead of actually fixing that problem governments solution always seems to be throw more money at it. The United States already spends something like 400,000,000,000 annually on infrastructure. Most of it paid for by the states (Which is the way it should be, the Federal government should be much smaller and have a fraction of the budget it has now).

The problem isn't money. The problem is what is actually getting fixed and what isn't. Bridges for example often get pushed to the backburner because they take a long time to fix and cities usually can't afford to shutdown a bridge for any extended period of time because of the inconvenience it causes.
Most of that money is spent on highway upkeep and block grants to new projects in states and local communities.

There needs to be be new money allocated to other infrastructure issues like water ways, bridges and electrical grids.

And most of the monies spent on current projects are controlled by states and local communities by block grants so your big government rant does not really fit here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most of that money is spent on highway upkeep and block grants to new projects in states and local communities.

There needs to be be new money allocated to other infrastructure issues like water ways, bridges and electrical grids.

And most of the monies spent on current projects are controlled by states and local communities by block grants so your big government rant does not really fit here.
You're what is wrong with government and spending. It's never enough, you want more, more, more. If you really believe current money is being spent correctly and efficiently then you have your head burried in the sand.

townsend

Banned
You're what is wrong with government and spending. It's never enough, you want more, more, more. If you really believe current money is being spent correctly and efficiently then you have your head burried in the sand.
We could definitely spend money better, better, better. Instead of having military bases in allied nations, kicking ant hills in the Middle East, and building jets to nowhere we could be focusing all of that money spent on nonsense on domestic issues that directly affect the American economy.
For the revenue the Fed takes in at this moment we should be expecting a lot more from them.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
You would think there would be massive outrage over this.

1.3 fucking trillion dollars down the fucking shit hole.

But Murcia and we need stuff to kill brown people.

Top Bottom