boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
GREAT signing. Thats virtually half of what his "Going rate" would be. Nothing to complain about here

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
GREAT signing. Thats virtually half of what his "Going rate" would be. Nothing to complain about here
Pretty much. It's very surprising that we got him back that cheaply.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
If we don't like the WR market this year we can wait a year or 2 with no issues. Defense Defense Defense in the draft. Gotta love that
If it means more d-line, I'm all for it. I understand that we also need DBs, but I can't deviate from my well established position that they're overrated and not worth high picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we don't like the WR market this year we can wait a year or 2 with no issues. Defense Defense Defense in the draft. Gotta love that
I'd still take a WR in a heart beat if the right guy is there. But it is nice to not have to worry about it in the draft. Meaning if the cards don't fall right and we don't take a WR it is ok too.

Now if we can just sign a DB or two we should be ready for the draft to take whatever falls to us.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm happy with this.
Just glad it is cheap. But I think it does make WR early very unlikely.

Bryant, Williams, Beasley, Butler. Probably only "room" for a special teams type.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I have never loved Williams as a WR but that seems like a relative bargain, really. Still feel like ideally a WR is taken somewhere in the first 3 rounds but it is no longer absolutely critical. Really hoping they get someone they like in that range though.

Last edited:

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I'd still take a WR in a heart beat if the right guy is there. But it is nice to not have to worry about it in the draft. Meaning if the cards don't fall right and we don't take a WR it is ok too.

Now if we can just sign a DB or two we should be ready for the draft to take whatever falls to us.
personally I don't think we are done with signings. A few good players still left if we can't get a deal done with Claiborne and Carr. I think moreso we are working with Brandon Carr but Claiborne obviously has more upside

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just glad it is cheap. But I think it does make WR early very unlikely.

Bryant, Williams, Beasley, Butler. Probably only "room" for a special teams type.
Yeah, I mean I don't think we will be cutting Williams this year. We could cut Butler on his deal with no problem but Williams is at least around for a couple more years. I know we joke about "continuity" but to an extent I'm sure it is nice for a young QB like Dak to sort of have all of his weapons back in place from last year. Our offense right now is exactly the same minus Leary with Collins filling his spot.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Pierre Garçon got 16 million, Alshon Jeffery got 14 million, DeSean Jackson got 10 million.

Yeah, I'll take Terrance for 4 million a year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pierre Garçon got 16 million, Alshon Jeffery got 14 million, DeSean Jackson got 10 million.

Yeah, I'll take Terrance for 4 million a year.
Yeah the contract is a great deal. In the NFL today 4 mil a year is like a throw away contract.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sort of locks our receiving corp in for the next few years. Dez, Williams and Beasley are all locked in now. The downside is I don't think we will be making any real moves to improve our receiving corp but the good news is it gives Dak a chance to really build chemistry with this group.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Sort of locks our receiving corp in for the next few years. Dez, Williams and Beasley are all locked in now. The downside is I don't think we will be making any real moves to improve our receiving corp but the good news is it gives Dak a chance to really build chemistry with this group.

From our perspective I'm pretty happy. We have every major element from an excellent offense wrapped up for the next several years. Draft the hell out of the defense now.

Top Bottom