Official Manziel To Dallas? Griffin To Dallas? Thread

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nice plan but if I am drafting a QB at 4, his ass is getting every rep Romo doesn't get. Not some dipshit bust that can't read a coverage.

Get either of the "veteran" options, we might as well kiss a QB in this draft goodbye.

And the more I read, the more I believe that we won't draft a guy when it matters.

We will do the same bullshit dreaming we always do.
I agree. Wouldn't pick up a QB and draft one too.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Use your head here guys, there is no way Manziel comes here.

Think about it, we took a risk on Hardy, an infinitely more talented player than Manziel, it didn't work out and Garrett clearly wants him gone. You think Garrett, who likely knows he's gone if he doesn't make the playoffs this year, will be on board with signing a marginal talent like Manziel who literally has some sort of drama going on every 2 months?

No.

And you could argue that Jerry will just go off the reservation and do whatever he wants but I don't think that happens, not with Garrett and Stephen opposing, which I'm almost certain they will.

Griffin is another story because he doesn't have the off the field baggage although I have my doubts that they would want to bring in a guy who could be as much of a distraction as Griffin would be. It's definitely more likely than Manziel though.

Sadly I'm guessing Garrett being aware of his fate if we miss the playoffs will lead to him campaigning for a non-QB at 4 as well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Saying there is no way that Jerry makes the most retarded move that no one expects is.... well retarded.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't think either RGIII or JFF will be coming here. I think RGIII will be looking for a place where he can start, and Jerry was already talked out of Manziel when his stock was at it's absolute highest. I don't think it'll be that hard to steer Jerry away from him now that he's been leading the league in bad press.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think either RGIII or JFF will be coming here. I think RGIII will be looking for a place where he can start, and Jerry was already talked out of Manziel when his stock was at it's absolute highest. I don't think it'll be that hard to steer Jerry away from him now that he's been leading the league in bad press.
Pretty much how I feel.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Sadly I'm guessing Garrett being aware of his fate if we miss the playoffs will lead to him campaigning for a non-QB at 4 as well.
Yep. But hopefully the decision will be with the best interest of the franchise in mind, not just Garrett's. But yeah, no doubt he'll be lobbying for an immediate starter at another position.

dallen

Senior Tech
Yeah I'd just keep Kellen Moore around. He is a QB with a good head who could probably help the rookie along and wouldn't need practice reps.
That's what I was thinking. Draft a rookie and let them fight it out with Moore to be #2 in training camp. Unless the rookie just blows you out of the water right away plan on Moore being the #2 early in the season, and have the rookie ready to be #2 by the bye week.

dallen

Senior Tech
Use your head here guys, there is no way Manziel comes here.

Think about it, we took a risk on Hardy, an infinitely more talented player than Manziel, it didn't work out and Garrett clearly wants him gone. You think Garrett, who likely knows he's gone if he doesn't make the playoffs this year, will be on board with signing a marginal talent like Manziel who literally has some sort of drama going on every 2 months?

No.

And you could argue that Jerry will just go off the reservation and do whatever he wants but I don't think that happens, not with Garrett and Stephen opposing, which I'm almost certain they will.

Griffin is another story because he doesn't have the off the field baggage although I have my doubts that they would want to bring in a guy who could be as much of a distraction as Griffin would be. It's definitely more likely than Manziel though.

Good point. If we are getting rid of Hardy for being a distraction and not being committed to football why would we bring in Manziel while showing him the door? And Griffin might want to be a Cowboy, but I bet he wants a shot at starting more.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think the Hardy situation is different. He came with way more media baggage and true genuine hatred from some. Manziel is another clown for the circus in comparison. Still would bet on Griffin though, no question.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Nice plan but if I am drafting a QB at 4, his ass is getting every rep Romo doesn't get. Not some dipshit bust that can't read a coverage.

Get either of the "veteran" options, we might as well kiss a QB in this draft goodbye.

And the more I read, the more I believe that we won't draft a guy when it matters.

We will do the same bullshit dreaming we always do.
Grumble, Grumble

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's not dreaming, to me it's more discussion of what I/we would do were we in charge. I am well aware that there is a very distinct possibility that the front office completely fucks up this opportunity.

If Myles Jack blows up at the Combine it makes it even more likely, even though I wouldn't absolutely hate him at 4.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the Hardy situation is different. He came with way more media baggage and true genuine hatred from some. Manziel is another clown for the circus in comparison. Still would bet on Griffin though, no question.
Manziel has more domestic violence issues though. I'm sure that would get blown up in Dallas.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yep. But hopefully the decision will be with the best interest of the franchise in mind, not just Garrett's. But yeah, no doubt he'll be lobbying for an immediate starter at another position.
I feel like McClay's and especially Stephen's voices are louder, which helps.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Jerry was already talked out of Manziel when his stock was at it's absolute highest. I don't think it'll be that hard to steer Jerry away from him now that he's been leading the league in bad press.
The one caveat to that is Jerry was talked out of it when it came with a price - our top draft pick. This time around, it's an easy argument for Jerry to say, well it won't cost anything so let's take a free look.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The one caveat to that is Jerry was talked out of it when it came with a price - our top draft pick. This time around, it's an easy argument for Jerry to say, well it won't cost anything so let's take a free look.
This has been my point concerning the argument that he was talked out of it before. The price tag now is way lower than it was then, making it harder to argue against for Stephen.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I really want to take a QB this year. We do have the luxury of having Romo...if healthy. Wentz or Goff will be there...just have to pull the trigger...and I don't want to hear that we stuck with our board and a QB was not in our top 4.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This has been my point concerning the argument that he was talked out of it before. The price tag now is way lower than it was then, making it harder to argue against for Stephen.
The price tag is much lower, but the value of Johnny Manziel has also crashed considerably. Additionally you have to at least consider the PR cost of taking on a person like Manziel who has allegations of hitting his girlfriend and drinking too much.

Top Bottom