This is Dak Prescott's team finally

p1_

DCC 4Life
Just had to say that. Please carry on.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Thank God, you could tell the distractions were the reason we had such a terrible record last season.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What I want to see now is some consistency.

After 2007 the team (Romo included) got full of themselves and were inconsistent shit for most of 2008, eventually missing the playoffs in embarrassing fashion against the Eagles in the last game of the year. After 2009 Romo got hurt and missed the majority of the year, although the team again was full of themselves and were like 1-4 before Romo got hurt. We know what happened after 2014.

I think Prescott has the type of "steady hand" personality (and a more reliable body) that can guide this team to consistent performances year in, year out.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
well, until Romo is gone-zo. Then and only then, can we focus on the future and not the past.
Naturally. Prescott has been grinding away for years and years and years and finally -finally he's getting his shot.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Naturally. Prescott has been grinding away for years and years and years and finally -finally he's getting his shot.
why do you act like there were no obstacles for Dak? Like he was handed the keys to the car or some such? Considerable challenges were met and obliterated, ..... and yet, Garrett NEVER announced that it was Dak's team. All season long, it was "when will Romo return?" So no grinding, really, just a mountain to climb with no support from management.

townsend

Banned
why do you act like there were no obstacles for Dak? Like he was handed the keys to the car or some such? Considerable challenges were met and obliterated, ..... and yet, Garrett NEVER announced that it was Dak's team. All season long, it was "when will Romo return?" So no grinding, really, just a mountain to climb with no support from management.
But like... who cares. He lost one game while Romo was his backup. Clearly the controversy didn't affect his play.

p1_

DCC 4Life
But like... who cares. He lost one game while Romo was his backup. Clearly the controversy didn't affect his play.
maybe you don't. But I imagine Dak feels like it is now his team, undisputed. Free of question and/or controversy. And Jerry weeps for his poor Tony.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
maybe you don't. But I imagine Dak feels like it is now his team, undisputed. Free of question and/or controversy. And Jerry weeps for his poor Tony.
You are being pretty overdramatic.

For one, I doubt Dak cared at all about this "Is he the starter or not" bullshit. Which is why it was kinda ridiculous that people were arguing that it would effect him if he returned to the bench when Romo was healthy. Dak is much more poised than that. On top of it, what exactly would have been the downside? He won the lottery. Even putting him back on the bench would have only been short term as Romo was 37.

I expect to see absolutely zero benefit to Dak from "consolidation" of the question of being the starter.

A full offseason of starter reps, maybe yes. But I doubt there is any effect on his psyche at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

For one, I doubt Dak cared at all about this "Is he the starter or not" bullshit. Which is why it was kinda ridiculous that people were arguing that it would effect him if he returned to the bench when Romo was healthy. Dak is much more poised than that. On top of it, what exactly would have been the downside? He won the lottery. Even putting him back on the bench would have only been short term as Romo was 37.

I expect to see absolutely zero benefit to Dak from "consolidation" of the question of being the starter.

A full offseason of starter reps, maybe yes. But I doubt there is any effect on his psyche at all.
I agree. The real impact is going to come when Dak wants to call up his guys and play catch during the offseason and things like that. Now that it is his team, he can take on that role with guys like Dez, Butler, Beasley and Witten. But if last year was any indication I think the locker room rallied behind Dak just fine even with Romo still in the building.

Genghis Khan

Correct.

Genghis Khan

"Finally" connotes a long drawn out process. That's not what happened here. "Finally" would be apt to describe Aaron Rodgers' years long wait to take over in GB. Not Dak's 6 months. My lord.

Also, "no support from management" is patently ridiculous.

data

Forbes #1
Kellen Moore finally asserts full control over 2nd string.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I think Romo made it pretty clear whose team it was in press conference. If that's not undisputed, I don't know what is.

Top Bottom