Brice Butler Re-Signed

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Giants get Marshall. We get Butler!! We won!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's fine as a stopgap starter/depth but we need to add a WR in the draft, preferably one with speed, who can take over as the 2nd WR at some point this season or in 2018.

He better not be getting more than about 3-3.5 a year though.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Optimistic infection strikes again

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Teh Butler did it!!!!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Expecting news of Dunbar re-signing anytime now

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The thing with Williams is that he really didn't have much of an impact last year, or seemingly too much of a rapport with Dak.

He had just 44/594/4, which is a career low in yards and he also a career low in YPC (13.5) as well. He was much, much better with Romo, so we aren't losing that much with Dak as the starter.

If Butler were the full-time number 2 I'm sure he could put up 35-40 catches, 450-500 yards and a few TD's. Of course I don't want him to be the full-time number 2 and that's why I want a WR in the first 4 rounds, but the overarching point is that Williams was not really a big part of the offense last year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's fine as a stopgap starter/depth but we need to add a WR in the draft, preferably one with speed, who can take over as the 2nd WR at some point this season or in 2018.

He better not be getting more than about 3-3.5 a year though.
He is a bridge and insurance to the draft. We needed to do it to be able to let Williams walk.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The thing with Williams is that he really didn't have much of an impact last year, or seemingly too much of a rapport with Dak.

He had just 44/594/4, which is a career low in yards and he also a career low in YPC (13.5) as well. He was much, much better with Romo, so we aren't losing that much with Dak as the starter.

If Butler were the full-time number 2 I'm sure he could put up 35-40 catches, 450-500 yards and a few TD's. Of course I don't want him to be the full-time number 2 and that's why I want a WR in the first 4 rounds, but the overarching point is that Williams was not really a big part of the offense last year.
S
It's about talent and impact more than raw numbers, and I think Williams is significantly better than Butler. Maybe not worth the contract he will get, butnif Butler is our #2 next year that is trouble.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think we'll be fine in theory with Butler as the number 2, but the real problem is if (when?) Dez misses time due to injury. We definitely need at least one more WR, preferably a guy in the draft with good upside.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we'll be fine in theory with Butler as the number 2, but the real problem is if (when?) Dez misses time due to injury. We definitely need at least one more WR, preferably a guy in the draft with good upside.
I think we will still add a draft pick at WR. But you never know with a rookie and the draft so Butler is sort of the insurance.

Top Bottom