Calvin Johnson to retire...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You think Jerruh could talk him out of it?
Not sure I would try. If he has decided to retire, for whatever reason, he apparently has lost the desire to play or feels that something is compelling him to do so. He probably wouldn't be a motivated player if he was coaxed into coming back.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not sure I would try. If he has decided to retire, for whatever reason, he apparently has lost the desire to play or feels that something is compelling him to do so. He probably wouldn't be a motivated player if he was coaxed into coming back.
Maybe not, but can you imagine him opposite Dez? Holy crap.

D

Deuce

Are you sure this a credible Twitter account this time?

dallen

Senior Tech
First Barry Sanders, now Calvin Johnson. I understand it from the Johnson's perspective. You've already made more money than you could reasonably spend in a lifetime. Why risk the chance of abusing your body to the point where you can't enjoy it? But for Lions fans to have the 2 most exciting players in the franchise's history retire early like this has to be heartbreaking.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Best draft prospect I've ever seen, I thought his ceiling was the best WR of all-time. If he had found himself in the right situation I think he could've been that, assuming he had the will to play that long.

Makes me feel old seeing these guys retire that I remember so vividly as draft prospects.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Not really a bad thing for Lions fans. Cal has been having a lot of nagging injuries it seems like and his production in recent years hasn't matched that albatross of a contract.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dude took a ton of punishment being that size. I think Jerry Rice had the ideal build for a WR.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Don't blame him. Players are going batshit left and right. I have an 11 year old that wants to play for his middle school next year and I'm leaning towards not letting him.

Top Bottom