2017 Combine Thread...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
LoL. Just cost himself quite a bit of money.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Christ. What a moron.

Maybe he'll fall to our 2nd. :towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
LoL. Just cost himself quite a bit of money.
Yeah NFL Network is trying to make it sound like not a big deal but that would be a huge red flag for me. The guy can't even wait in line without throwing a fit. Being at Alabama makes some guys feel like a legend before they have ever done anything significant.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Christ. What a moron.

Maybe he'll fall to our 2nd. :towel
So we take a problem child like Gregory and Lawrence with our second and an injury pick with our third...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So we take a problem child like Gregory and Lawrence with our second and an injury pick with our third...
Well we couldn't possibly follow last years off the charts draft with another good one.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, yeah.

Don't buck tradition, buddy.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Shelton Gibson just ran a 4.50 and a 4.52

I thought this guy said he was going to threaten the all time fastest time?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Cooper Kupp with 4.62 and 4.66 40 times.

Aiieeee.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shelton Gibson just ran a 4.50 and a 4.52

I thought this guy said he was going to threaten the all time fastest time?
He did. But he plays way faster than that. I would still take him on day 3.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The way we are all over the WRs, it is easy to assume we are letting Williams go.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He did. But he plays way faster than that. I would still take him on day 3.
I would, too. But was surprised at his clocked time when the talk of the last couple days was that he was going to threaten Chris Johnson's time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would, too. But was surprised at his clocked time when the talk of the last couple days was that he was going to threaten Chris Johnson's time.
I thought he'd at least run close to a 4.4 with that talk.

On a side note, any hope of Zay Jones is pretty much dashed. With his Senior Bowl and 4.46 forty, I'll be surpised if he makes it to our second round pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Slow and white is no way to go through life in the NFL.
Yeah I still like him. Maybe it will help push him down the draft further. My only problem is I'd like speed opposite Bryant. And Kupp isn't going to give you much of a deep threat. Still I think he is polished and ready to step in and play. Could be our number 2 WR for a long time.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah I still like him. Maybe it will help push him down the draft further. My only problem is I'd like speed opposite Bryant. And Kupp isn't going to give you much of a deep threat. Still I think he is polished and ready to step in and play. Could be our number 2 WR for a long time.
Agreed. If he's there at our 3rd pick, I seriously consider him depending on who else is there. He tested slow, but he always seems to find a way to get open. I think he'll have a good career.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed. If he's there at our 3rd pick, I seriously consider him depending on who else is there. He tested slow, but he always seems to find a way to get open. I think he'll have a good career.
He is quick, runs great routes and has excellent hands. He can get seperation. He just isn't going to scare anyone deep.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I feel like we could grab a guy like Zay Jones, Carlos Henderson, Isaiah Ford, Kupp, Hansen, Taywan Taylor or Godwin on the second day to be our 2nd WR and not have much drop off from Williams. Obviously some of those guys are more 2nd round types while others are more 3rd round types but nonetheless I'd be confident with any of them as our number two.

We'd probably be fine with guys like Westbrook or Smith-Schuster too.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Zay Jones has been tearing it up this offseason. With his performance in the senior bowl and the combine, I doubt he makes it too far into the 2nd round. Certainly not all the way down to our pick. As long as he doesn't blow his pro day and visits, he should be a lock for early to mid 2nd, imo. I wouldn't be shocked if somebody fell in love with him and he snuck into the bottom of the 1st.

Top Bottom