One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have to love them picking apart a bad vertical for Fournett. Who gives a shit if the guy can only jump 28 inches. So he won't be pulling any Elliott's in the NFL. Who gives a shit how high the guy can jump. All we care about is his forty.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Fournette tests poorly across the board (even with a good 40) then I think you have to start wondering what's going on, because it would indicate a lack of general athleticism. It wouldn't sway me too much one way or the other, but you would have to wonder.

The fact that he's at 240 might have a lot to do with it, I'd imagine he was only around 230-235 for most of his time at LSU.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Fournette tests poorly across the board (even with a good 40) then I think you have to start wondering what's going on, because it would indicate a lack of general athleticism. It wouldn't sway me too much one way or the other, but you would have to wonder.

The fact that he's at 240 might have a lot to do with it, I'd imagine he was only around 230-235 for most of his time at LSU.
Delvin Cook had a shit verticle too. 30 inches at his size is poor. Don't tell me he isn't athletic though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Delvin Cook had a shit verticle too. 30 inches at his size is poor. Don't tell me he isn't athletic though.
Sure, that's why I said it's one test and you have to see the rest of their measurements.

If Fournette tests poorly overall but runs a 4.4 40, I think it's an indication that he's a straight-line type of runner (which is an opinion I already had). Cook definitely has much more wiggle and COD, so I'd really be surprised if he tested poorly overall.

That's what the Combine is to me, a double check on what you see in the games or it's something that makes you go back and take a closer look at something, to see if you missed it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure, that's why I said it's one test and you have to see the rest of their measurements.

If Fournette tests poorly overall but runs a 4.4 40, I think it's an indication that he's a straight-line type of runner (which is an opinion I already had). Cook definitely has much more wiggle and COD, so I'd really be surprised if he tested poorly overall.

That's what the Combine is to me, a double check on what you see in the games or it's something that makes you go back and take a closer look at something, to see if you missed it.
4.51 forty for Fournett at 240 pounds is pretty impressive. Cook ran right at a 4.5 forty.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Peppers measured in at just a shade under 5-11, while his listed height was 6-1.

I think I may be out on him completely in the first.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Peppers measured in at just a shade under 5-11, while his listed height was 6-1.

I will let the other teams know.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I just imagine Carolina falling in love with Fournette, they love size and a physical running game, and are lacking at RB right now, so obviously he fits that to a tee.

Newton/Fournette in the backfield would be quite imposing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I've never really thought about him for the Cowboys but I'll need to see him run. I'd be very tempted to use him the same way that we used Barry Church. Basically as a box safety. Height doesn't really mean much to me although I know people put a big emphasis on LBers being over 6 foot. I'd never really thought of Peppers as a LBer. For a safety, his height is not a problem at all. Just a play maker. Not so much in terms of INTs but the guy has basically done everything else in his career. Rush the passer, get TFLs and when he played safety more he had a bunch of passes defensed.

I don't know though. It's a guy I never really thought we'd have a shot at but you never know.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just imagine Carolina falling in love with Fournette, they love size and a physical running game, and are lacking at RB right now, so obviously he fits that to a tee.

Newton/Fournette in the backfield would be quite imposing.
Yeah the best description of the way Fournette runs is Angry. I've always really been impressed with his pure running ability. His speed at that size is rare and the momentum created when a body that big moves that fast is just scary for a defender to get in front of.

On the flip side of that is Christian Mccaffrey who just looks like he is just going to be unrecoverable as a RB out of the backfield. The guy has such quick feet and is just so natural catching the ball. He is going to be a nightmare for defenses if used properly.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Yeah the best description of the way Fournette runs is Angry. I've always really been impressed with his pure running ability. His speed at that size is rare and the momentum created when a body that big moves that fast is just scary for a defender to get in front of.

On the flip side of that is Christian Mccaffrey who just looks like he is just going to be unrecoverable as a RB out of the backfield. The guy has such quick feet and is just so natural catching the ball. He is going to be a nightmare for defenses if used properly.
he just seems like a perfect fit for Belichick

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By the way, can anyone explain to me the Alvin Kamara love? I guess I just don't get it. The guy never had 700 yards rushing in a season. He was a pretty good receiving back in college but how the hell is this guy getting first round pub? I'd be livid if the Cowboys wanted to draft him in the first round. Am I missing something here? His 4.56 speed is fine but not anything to write home about.

Glad we aren't in the market for a first round RB.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom