Must See Movies

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oscar Outrage!
It's stupid. Do the ones protesting this really think that the Academy members take race into mind when they nominate? Yes, I'm assuming they do.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Really don't give a shit, but only 2% of Academy voters are black and the average age is 65.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Really don't give a shit, but only 2% of Academy voters are black and the average age is 65.
Whoa.

I figured you would have a socially conscious meme primed and ready for this kind of injustice.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I do remember the Academy going all-in on Crash the same year of Brokeback Mountain. I guess race takes priority over sexual orientation for them on the identity politics scale, at least.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We're rebooting the Mummy now? When's the Shazam reboot?
The time of original ideas in Hollywood is coming to an end.

dallen

Senior Tech
I haven't seen much of Driver outside of The Force Awakens and a couple of the first episodes of Girls, but I thought he was great on SNL. He was fully committed to the skits in a way that most hosts never approach. He was better than a lot of the main cast especially in the Aladdin parody.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We Need to Talk About Kevin is streaming on Netflix now...worth a watch for sure.
Watched this today.

Holy shit that was not a pleasant experience. But a good movie.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Watched this today.

Holy shit that was not a pleasant experience. But a good movie.
Yeah, that movie was certainly different. I didn't know whether to feel sorry for the mother, or be pissed at her for letting that kid get away with everything. A good watch, but like you said... Not very pleasant.

Also, seeing John C. Reilly as the dad in a serious role was tough to get a grip on. I kept expecting him to yell out "Shake and Bake!" or "Boats and Ho's!"

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That looks really good.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Nice little Horror flick, I recommend for anybody looking to waste a couple of hours.

Done in Documentary style that keeps you engrossed in the movie, I was happily surprised.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I watched Willow Creek this weekend. One of those found footage deals...but it was a search for bigfoot. There was some scary ass shit in there...and the end is more than a bit disturbing.

Bobcat Goldthwait directed it.

dallen

Senior Tech
Bobcat Goldthwait has become a surprisingly interesting director. Willow Creek, God Bless America, World's Greatest Dad...

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm starting to make my way through the Suicide Squad series and I must say I see why a movie franchise is being made.

It's a pretty good comic so far.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Norman rightfully gets props, but I have always liked how Talib plays.

Top Bottom