Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:unsure

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Someone needs to photoshop Wentz' face on the pic of that Ardmore stripper's body...

Smitty?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
These two guys from Louisiana Tech are looking really good to me, Butler at DT and Dixon at RB, if we could get either in the 3rd I'd be ecstatic but I think that's unrealistic for Butler, still a possibility with Dixon. I'm hoping for someone like Clark, Johnson or Rankins (who may be solidifying himself in the 1st here) at 34 in terms of a DT but if we settle for Butler I wouldn't mind.

Another thing jumping out to me here is that there is great depth at CB, guys like Canady, Murray, Jones, Hall and Miller will all make for very solid 3rd-5th round picks, even more reason not to take a CB in the 1st.

Noah Spence looks like a guy who will have a meteoric rise, probably top 10-15, he's been the best player that I've seen so far.

Also read alot of good things about Darian Thompson being the most impressive safety here, dude has 14 picks and 15 TFL in his last 3 years in college, that'd be a money pick in the 3rd, maybe even the 2nd.

Sterling Shephard would be a nice 3rd round pick for us, even though I think we have more pressing needs than WR.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sterling Shephard would be a nice 3rd round pick for us, even though I think we have more pressing needs than WR.
Terrance Williams is in the final year of his deal. So unless you want to resign him its actually the perfect time to draft his replacement. Well unless yoi think the WR we traded for from the Raiders is his future replacement which could be the case.

Besides, if we draft a QB in the first I'd like a yoing WR for him to grow with.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Terrance Williams is in the final year of his deal. So unless you want to resign him its actually the perfect time to draft his replacement. Well unless yoi think the WR we traded for from the Raiders is his future replacement which could be the case.

Besides, if we draft a QB in the first I'd like a yoing WR for him to grow with.
Braxton Miller might be someone we are looking at.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's just as infuriating seeing Jerry yakking it up with Stephen. I guarantee you that idiot is talking about how great this is getting our coaching staff in there, how finishing 4-12 is going to turn into an advantage for us, etc.
Funny you say that. That was the exact tone when he held court with the press and said three more years of Romo (minimum, not a damn debate ) and how great the coaches are.

Only took him two weeks and everything is awesome again.

dallen

Senior Tech
Funny you say that. That was the exact tone when he held court with the press and said three more years of Romo (minimum, not a damn debate ) and how great the coaches are.

Only took him two weeks and everything is awesome again.
Well, of course. He found a way to be the center of attention anyway

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Braxton Miller might be someone we are looking at.
I think we are, just depends how late he lasts. The nice thing about Miller is he isn't an undersized QB making the move to WR. This guy has excellent size. He is also much faster and athletic then your usual QB to WR convert. He may actually be an excellent WR/Returner to develop for a year and then plug in as a starter a year down the road.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think we are, just depends how late he lasts. The nice thing about Miller is he isn't an undersized QB making the move to WR. This guy has excellent size. He is also much faster and athletic then your usual QB to WR convert. He may actually be an excellent WR/Returner to develop for a year and then plug in as a starter a year down the road.
Plus as a former QB, he should have a strong grasp of what the QB sees and route concepts. With all the stupid option routes we use excessively, that is important. That is one reason Williams struggles to get open sometimes. Like most Baylor players, schemed routes are what he is used to versus having to read coverage and react.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Miller runs a sub-4.5 at the combine he may become too rich for our blood and shoot up into the top 50ish picks. I would not be thrilled with taking something of a project WR with the 34th overall pick.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If Miller runs a sub-4.5 at the combine he may become too rich for our blood and shoot up into the top 50ish picks. I would not be thrilled with taking something of a project WR with the 34th overall pick.
I don't see him making it to our 3rd round pick and I also think 34 is too rich.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I was think our third if he lasts that long is probably where he would need to be taken. The draft isn't stagnant though. Who knows if we will stay at the top of the second round or the top of the third for that matter. I don't think it would surprise anyone for Jerry to move around in the draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is anyone posting Senior Bowl reviews after each day this year? Seems like people use to post all kinds of stuff about the Senior Bowl. This year you guys have provided me with nothing.

Top Bottom