Armed Protesters Inspired By LDS Scripture

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I really don't know where you are going with this or got this feeling. It seems really odd. As a small business owner with about 10 years in I can say that our people are great. We love them like family. I've gone many paychecks where everyone got paid and I didn't. We've had our good times and bad. My top technician makes twice the regional average because he deserves it. You can find my crew regularly huddled around the grill at my house when we randomly decide to take half a day off on a Friday due to reaching a goal or just because. Family members are invited. I've been known to carry cash with me and drop $200 to a guy just because or out of appreciate. We work hard and play hard. Cigars ans scotch are a regular occurrence for me and the guys. Just back porch type of stuff and talking life. I love my guys and wish I could pay them more.

Our company has a very low tolerance for complaining, laziness, excuses and people who feel that they are owed something. Those types are easy to spot and are sent packing quickly.

You have absolutely no idea what we've been through to get to this point. We risked it all before and lost everything when we had in our first business. House, cars, poverty, food stamps...you name it. But my family is happy no matter what because we knew the risks we took. We didn't cry about injustice. My parent are drug addicts and I spent most of my youth in TYC. I went into the 8th grade for about two weeks and thats it. 23 years ago I met my wife in a Narcotics meeting and used a girls bicycle for transportation. Now I have an graduate degree, a business, a small ranch (29 acres (don't laugh) and a farm house that we live in). I've got 6 amazing kids we excel in life, 23 year old pipeline welder, 20 year army nurse (finished 2 associate degrees by 18), a 16 year old star athlete in his public high school, 14 year old genius with artistic skills that score 24tds last year, two beautiful daughters...my life is pretty good.

My wife is fighting a very serious and dangerous form of breast cancer. She has had surgeries and now the most aggressive doses of chemo that a human can handle, followed by 2 different types of severe treatment, followed by radiation over a years time. I personally had a major heart attack three weeks ago and almost lost my life.

But we don't cry, we don't blame, we don't look at the system for our answers, we aren't searching for "causes" or broken things in the world. We try to contribute to society. People who don't that generally aren't happy people. They live life with a victim mentality and rarely dominate this life.

So yeah, cry me a river with college athletes. I've worked 100 hour weeks for years and lived with not much. So what, I could have lived a decent life, got a regular career and blended in. But I chose my path and my dream. Don't bitch about things, do something with your life...that's what I try to live by. If college athletes are mistreated (they were offered a much better opportunity than I could have ever imagined) can chose a different path or try to change the system. I personally can't imagine staying where you feel wronged and crying about it for 4-5 years. Make a different choice.

You seen to be pretty off on your assessment of me. I just don't feel sorry for "victims" who don't look to turn their situation around.
I apologize, went off on a rant that I didn't mean to be personal. I guess you don't like entitled college athletes and I don't like entitled college administrators and coaches.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I apologize, went off on a rant that I didn't mean to be personal. I guess you don't like entitled college athletes and I don't like entitled college administrators and coaches.
I'm not saying that there isn't a legit discussion to be had. They took a step towards helping the kids with stipends a couple of years ago.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'll be getting some answers in the coming days.

I can say this - if I get in a hurry and try to swiftly get up the stairs I'm pretty much out of breath.
If you actually suffered heart muscle damage it probably isn't a good idea to get in a hurry to climb stairs right now.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
If you actually suffered heart muscle damage it probably isn't a good idea to get in a hurry to climb stairs right now.
I gotcha. I've been taking it easy. Mostly doing nothing until the Dr gets me straight. Slow down the stairs and slow up. One day I decided to haul butt downstairs to grasp a drink and get back up quickly. Just from that I was pours sweat and took a good 5 minutes to catch my breath.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Skid, hope you feel better and hope your wife wins her fight.

Still can't get over Mayfield giving you a heart attack.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Skid, hope you feel better and hope your wife wins her fight.

Still can't get over Mayfield giving you a heart attack.
:lol

I'll be sure to give full report and get the heart images up as soon as I can.

shane

DCC 4Life
To sum up the situation in a sentence: The feds are aggressively working to collectivize the land out west and they have almost certainly screwed over the Bundy's and the Hammond's, but this stunt is probably ill-advised and counter-productive.

I just hope it doesn't turn into another Waco.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Bundy arrested with militiamen; Shooting in Oregon stand-off...

Ammon Bundy has been arrested and his brother Ryan was wounded in a shoot-out with FBI officers that left one of their militiamen dead, reports claim.
It is the climax of a tense stand-off between federal agents and the activists more than three weeks after they took over a government building in Burns, Oregon, to protest two ranchers being jailed.
They were driving to a community meeting with eight other activists on Tuesday afternoon when they were stopped by traffic cops, according KATU.
Within minutes, shots were fired, wounding Ryan Bundy and killing an unidentified militiaman.
It is not clear who opened fire first.
Ammon Bundy and three others - Ryan Payne, Brian Cavalier, and Shawna Cox - were detained and charged with conspiracy to impede federal officers, Oregon Live reports.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3418491/Ammon-Bundy-arrested-three-fellow-militiamen-shots-fired-Oregon-stand-off.html#ixzz3yPhgZ5fA
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Top Bottom