Rachel Dolezal Is Nearly Homeless, On Food Stamps And Still White

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Far left on what? The couch?
Drug war, criminal justice system, military spending and incursion, surveillance/patriot act, creditors rights, personal freedoms being severed from government interference.

I could probably be talked into some basic environmental stuff too.

Last edited:

2233boys

Not So New Member
No.

I'm far right on some issues, far left on others.
Far left on some issues, I'm intrigued. Do tell.

Ok missed your last post.

So you hate the drug wars because we spend to much money, or you believe people should have the right to do what the want to their own bodies.

You think we spend to much on the military or hate that we are imperialist pricks?

What others ones, this is interesting.

Last edited:

2233boys

Not So New Member
Prove me wrong.
I have been on boards with you since the early 2000's. I have never seen you post anything that is far left. Not even once.

I am curious about your feelings on your examples above and what is included in the etc.

For that matter, I would consider you the most ardent, uncompromising conservative here.

I may be wrong.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I have been on boards with you since the early 2000's. I have never seen you post anything that is far left. Not even once.
You must be asleep at the wheel. You don't remember my huge fights with guys like VA Cowboy over military spending and overseas wars and rhe war on drugs?

I am curious about your feelings on your examples above and what is included in the etc.
Not sure what you want to know, or why it matters what my motivations are.... I fall in line with the far left on outcome on those issues.

For that matter, I would consider you the most ardent, uncompromising conservative here.

I may be wrong.
I AM ardent and uncomprising and I AM on many hotly discussed issues, what you would consider conservative.

On others, I am not.

That's why I am much more of a libertarian than a Republican.

Certainly not a centrist. Centrist means taking the positions of mainstream conservatives and mainstream liberals and meeting in the middle. I don't meet in the middle, I'm way outside the edges on one side or the other.

Centrists would be like, well, let's reduce but not eliminate our military incursions. Let's only intervene when the UN wants it, not when our right wing president wants in.

Whereas I want to move to the far left and stop it all. Shut down all overseas bases. Slash the hell out of the military budget dramatically. No centrist wants that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Far left on some issues, I'm intrigued. Do tell.

Ok missed your last post.

So you hate the drug wars because we spend to much money, or you believe people should have the right to do what the want to their own bodies.

You think we spend to much on the military or hate that we are imperialist pricks?

What others ones, this is interesting.
Can I hate all of that stuff for all of the reasons you listed? Why pick?

2233boys

Not So New Member
You must be asleep at the wheel. You don't remember my huge fights with guys like VA Cowboy over military spending and overseas wars and rhe war on drugs?
I must have, love it, wouldn't have pictured you taking those positions.

Not sure what you want to know, or why it matters what my motivations are.... I fall in line with the far left on outcome on those issues.
Just curious what your other far left views are. I guess I am curious to what you consider far left.

I AM ardent and uncomprising and I AM on many hotly discussed issues, what you would consider conservative.

On others, I am not.
I think some of your points of view on Social issues and economic issues fall in line with the "Conservative" ideology. You have said you are more of a libertarian, and I wonder if those ideals are more in that line, because I feel that I am left of most libertarians.

That's why I am much more of a libertarian than a Republican.
I have seen you post that before and I get your desire to be a libertarian and how you feel it fits into what the founders wanted. Do you think it is a viable form of government (strict Libertarian) Would it work?

Certainly not a centrist. Centrist means taking the positions of mainstream conservatives and mainstream liberals and meeting in the middle. I don't meet in the middle, I'm way outside the edges on one side or the other.

Centrists would be like, well, let's reduce but not eliminate our military incursions. Let's only intervene when the UN wants it, not when our right wing president wants in.

Whereas I want to move to the far left and stop it all. Shut down all overseas bases. Slash the hell out of the military budget dramatically. No centrist wants that.
I wouldn't paint you as a centrist. In fact quite the opposite. I am glad I was wrong and your beliefs are more nuanced.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Prove me wrong.
I can't just like you can't prove me wrong of being a centrist.

But yet you called me out.:shrug

I associate with Bill Clinton and Obama and believe in compromise more than ideology, I believe both sides are wrong and right on issues.

Socially I am very much liberal but that is not at all cost.

Fiscally I lean right but again not at all cost.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Drug war, criminal justice system, military spending and incursion, surveillance/patriot act, creditors rights, personal freedoms being severed from government interference.

Funny you should say that, because I'm with on almost every issue in this post. Not every one of them, but I guess you could say I'm closer to Libertarian than what the Republican party has grown into.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Drug war,
:towel

criminal justice system

military spending and incursion

surveillance/patriot act

creditors rights

personal freedoms being severed from government interference.

:beavis

:buddy

I never knew all that. Awesome.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
It's semantics, but this isn't far left; it's Old Right or paleoconservative, which is where I am too.

Keep in mind that the neoconservative movement originated with anti-communist liberals who think American values like liberal democracy should dominate geopolitics regardless of context.

Cotton

Staff member
It's semantics, but this isn't far left; it's Old Right or paleoconservative, which is where I am too.

Keep in mind that the neoconservative movement originated with anti-communist liberals who think American values like liberal democracy should dominate geopolitics regardless of context.
This is a bunch of smart words that essentially means: "I wish we could turn the clock back a few decades to what conservatism used to be."

And, I agree.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Since we are parsing out our views, which can be a fun exercise, I will define myself thusly:

Paleocon (Minimize foreign intervention, both diplomatically and militarily. De-centralize government domestically.)

Western Chauvinist (Immigrants should be free to practice their culture, but there should be an expectation of assimilation to a particular degree. Western culture fostered by the Church has been good. Period.)

Localist (Look to communities, not federal law, for social standards and charity.)

Cotton

Staff member
Since we are parsing out our views, which can be a fun exercise, I will define myself thusly:

Paleocon (Minimize foreign intervention, both diplomatically and militarily. De-centralize government domestically.)

Western Chauvinist (Immigrants should be free to practice their culture, but there should be an expectation of assimilation to a particular degree. Western culture fostered by the Church has been good. Period.)

Localist (Look to communities, not federal law, for social standards and charity.)
Spot on how I view myself.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well, sure, but in today's society, some of these things, such as non-interventionism, are certainly more at home within the liberal wing of the Democratic party rather than the Republican party.

Libertarians are starting to wrap all the way around and fold some of these things back into the right, as the parties are constantly shifting over time. But as of today I would say some of my things are left, some are right. Yes, all are pretty adamantly small government based.

Top Bottom