User Tag List

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump fires FBI Director James Comey.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Uh, I think he just did. And when the newly appointed Director shuts down the probe, what will the excuse be then?
    What was the excuse when the Whitehouse had Devin Nunes interfere with the investigation on their behalf? They'll just shrug, scream "fake news", until the next news cycle. "Excuses" imply someone believes Trump has to answer for his actions. No one who's still on team Trump actually believes he needs to be held responsible for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Uh, I think he just did. And when the newly appointed Director shuts down the probe, what will the excuse be then?
    If you are referencing the FBI investigation of the Russian effect on the election, this will not happen. Chances are it will be geared higher now that Comey is gone. He was not addressing it properly and this is one of the reasons why the DOJ asst director recommended Comey be terminated.

With the fence straddling over the Clinton matter And trying to appease Trump, the process was being compromised and stifled. Now the Asst DOJ Director can direct the new Acting FBI director things will gear up because this matter needs to be disclosed to the public as soon as possible because of the PR of the entire Trump on going administration.

If you think it will be dummy downed I think you under estimate the career FBI investigative group. During the failed bank crises a few years back I worked with the FBI and DOJ closely and I will tell you that nothing gets them going more than a high profile investigative process. They will go full out now.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    I would welcome your assessment of why the FBI director was fired.
    If you can't see why an administration firing the person heading up the organization that is investigating the administration in order to appoint their own person to head up that organization is preposterous then I don't know what to tell you.

It's politically tone deaf at best and at worst it's a subversion of our political system the likes of which this country has rarely ever seen.

And since you seemingly buy whatever is shoveled down your throat as long as it comes from someone with an R next to their name, why don't you watch this and explain the rationale for firing him based on what happened with Clinton:

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/...09387921526784

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    If you can't see why an administration firing the person heading up the organization that is investigating the administration in order to appoint their own person to head up that organization is preposterous then I don't know what to tell you.

It's politically tone deaf at best and at worst it's a subversion of our political system the likes of which this country has rarely ever seen.

And since you seemingly buy whatever is shoveled down your throat as long as it comes from someone with an R next to their name, why don't you watch this and explain the rationale for firing him based on what happened with Clinton:

To be fair, his appointee will have to be approved by congress.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    To be fair, his appointee will have to be approved by congress.
    A republican controlled congress, although, some very high profile Republicans are also panning this decision as suspicious at best.

This was about his campaign being investigated, Trump enforced his concern when he mentioned it specifically in his letter to Comey. Saying thank you for saying you weren't investigating me on 3 separate occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post

The investigation is directed at the Russians as the the primary. There are a couple individuals that were attached to the Trump administration but the Trump administration is not under investigation.
    Last edited by L.T. Fan; 05-10-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    A republican controlled congress, although, some very high profile Republicans are also panning this decision as suspicious at best.

This was about his campaign being investigated, Trump enforced his concern when he mentioned it specifically in his letter to Comey. Saying thank you for saying you weren't investigating me on 3 separate occasions.
    The reason he put his exoneration by Comey in the letter was for the public to see that the investigation has already exonerated him and this wasn't a reason for firing him.
    Since Day One

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    The investigation is directed at the Russians are the primary. There are a couple individuals that were attached to the Trump administration but the Trump administration is not under investigation.
    This is correct. But, you wouldn't freaking know it by watching the national news.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

The investigation is directed at the Russians are the primary. There are a couple individuals that were attached to the Trump administration but the Trump administration is not under investigation.
    I get that but acting like that subtle detail makes any difference whatsoever is ridiculous.

Whether or not someone was involved in the campaign but not the actual administration is basically semantics when it comes to the political impact on Trump/the administration itself.

And obviously Sessions had to recuse himself based on his history, so there's that.

The guy also asked for more money last week to ratchet up the probe. In bizarro world that is called "not doing a good job".