Rachel Dolezal Is Nearly Homeless, On Food Stamps And Still White

townsend

Banned
It's funny because I have seen transgender people and their supporters comparing their plight to that of blacks in America. Comparing the bathroom issue to blacks having to use seperate facilities back in the day.
I'll agree that it's different. But that's the point Dolezal got all the benefits of being white and went to college as a white girl, and then got to pose as a black person for an opportunity and status without any hurdles. It's closer to "stolen valor" where someone claims to be a veteran when they aren't.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You wait, it's coming...

Soon we will told how racist we are for not sympathizing.
Oh, I have no doubt. SJWs get bored with a topic after they have won enough battles and have to move on to other even more outlandish battles to fight, whilst sitting upon their throne of superior moral aptitude.

Cotton

Staff member
It's funny because I have seen transgender people and their supporters comparing their plight to that of blacks in America. Comparing the bathroom issue to blacks having to use seperate facilities back in the day.
It's all about oppression and injustice. The two have been made to be similar in nature by anyone that's not a complete and utter bigot.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
It's all about oppression and injustice. The two have been made to be similar in nature by anyone that's not a complete and utter bigot.
That's the trick though isn't it. ANy argument the left wants to take up for some supposedly under appreciated/protected class gets lumped in the same category as blacks and the injustices they bore. The whole idea and concept as Towns put it is similar to stolen valor. Not a one of those groups claiming civil rights and equating themselves to blacks have the right nor the history. Blacks should be far more pissed than anyone I would think.

Cotton

Staff member
That's the trick though isn't it. ANy argument the left wants to take up for some supposedly under appreciated/protected class gets lumped in the same category as blacks and the injustices they bore. The whole idea and concept as Towns put it is similar to stolen valor. Not a one of those groups claiming civil rights and equating themselves to blacks have the right nor the history. Blacks should be far more pissed than anyone I would think.
Agreed 100%.

2233boys

Not So New Member
What she did was reprehensible, but cheering that she is destitute and can't find a job is equally reprehensible.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What she did was reprehensible, but cheering that she is destitute and can't find a job is equally reprehensible.
She is the ultimate victim, which is exactly what she wants. No one will give her a job because of her race. Everyone hates her because of her race. She lost her job because of her race and gender. She is homeless and on footstamps because of that discrimination.

She literally takes no personal responsibility for the steaming pile of shit called her life.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
She is the ultimate victim, which is exactly what she wants. No one will give her a job because of her race. Everyone hates her because of her race. She lost her job because of her race and gender. She is homeless and on footstamps because of that discrimination.

She literally takes no personal responsibility for the steaming pile of shit called her life.

But she was riding on cloud 9 for years because of her own lie.

Paying the price for your own deceit can be a bitch sometimes.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Bullshit. She has zero remorse on top of it.

I guess we are just different. I can think a person's actions were horrible, and still have compassion when things turn bad in their life.

Not better just different.

townsend

Banned
I feel bad because she managed to have an attention seeking delusion that pretty much ruined her life. If she just had made up illnesses, or thought she was psychic, she'd probably be employed and happy.

There's some pretty dark irony to a white woman who had every advantage cosplaying as a different race, and having to see what it's like to be stuck in a cycle of poverty. Not that I'd wish it on anyone, but it reads like a Greek tragedy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As I initially stated I am mixed about her plight but this is a classic example of what goes around comes around.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel bad because she managed to have an attention seeking delusion that pretty much ruined her life. If she just had made up illnesses, or thought she was psychic, she'd probably be employed and happy.

There's some pretty dark irony to a white woman who had every advantage cosplaying as a different race, and having to see what it's like to be stuck in a cycle of poverty. Not that I'd wish it on anyone, but it reads like a Greek tragedy.
Frankly I don't believe that she can't get a job at Walmart... But my guess is she probably doesn't apply for those lower level jobs.

townsend

Banned
I think that there's definitely a danger in using the civil rights movement as a catch all for other minorities.

But also more than highlighting the oppressed, pointing to the civil rights movement allows you to point out the people on the wrong side of history who were so fucking sure that integration would be the end of civilization, that interracial marriage was evil, and that science itself proved there was a superior race.

More than saying x has the same problems as black people, I think the reason for the comparison is to say, don't be so fucking sure that the status quo is acceptable, that's what they thought back then too.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think that there's definitely a danger in using the civil rights movement as a catch all for other minorities.

But also more than highlighting the oppressed, pointing to the civil rights movement allows you to point out the people on the wrong side of history who were so fucking sure that integration would be the end of civilization, that interracial marriage was evil, and that science itself proved there was a superior race.

More than saying x has the same problems as black people, I think the reason for the comparison is to say, don't be so fucking sure that the status quo is acceptable, that's what they thought back then too.
Yep.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess we are just different. I can think a person's actions were horrible, and still have compassion when things turn bad in their life.

Not better just different.
I guess I just happen to think she is where she is because of her own actions. She is the one who chose this path. And I'm of the opinion that she is the reason she continues to go down the path of ruin. You can't chose that path and then expect people to feel bad for you. That's like giving a crack addict more crack.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life

That my friend is a reasonable comment. Sadly, I have never seen it presented in that way. Either in protests or media, themes are nearly always presented as if the concerns of the particular slighted group at hand are somehow equal to that of the suffering blacks endured.

But also bear in mind that the particular cause celeb that these comparisons are being used for are still debatable as to whether or not it they should truly be a rights issue at all. And not just by me, but by half the country. I do not support gay marriage. I do not support this BS over transgendered issues, I do not think abortion is a federal issue nor should federal money support it. And yet, these are just a few of the things they choose for comparison. Maybe not the abortion thing.

townsend

Banned
That my friend is a reasonable comment. Sadly, I have never seen it presented in that way. Either in protests or media, themes are nearly always presented as if the concerns of the particular slighted group at hand are somehow equal to that of the suffering blacks endured.

But also bear in mind that the particular cause celeb that these comparisons are being used for are still debatable as to whether or not it they should truly be a rights issue at all. And not just by me, but by half the country. I do not support gay marriage. I do not support this BS over transgendered issues, I do not think abortion is a federal issue nor should federal money support it. And yet, these are just a few of the things they choose for comparison. Maybe not the abortion thing.
Unfortunately a lot of political discourse, or lack thereof, has been packaged as "mic drops". Especially now that things are so contentious politics is a lot more about hyping up your own side than reaching an understanding with people who disagree with your stances.

We're seeing collisions of echo chambers, as you may remember I compared it to the Tower of Babel some time ago, and I think the comparison is apt, conservative and liberal has become so insular that they adopt their own language. I think when you interact with a person from the "opposing side" it's real easy to fall back to talking points, and once one does the other will almost immediately follow.

Top Bottom