Here's how QB Carson Wentz figures in Cowboys' draft, long-term plans

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tennessee has made it known they are willing to trade down. Most likely, if someone trades up they are looking to get ahead of Cleveland to take one of the QBs.

I could definitely see a scenario where both Goff and Wentz are gone.

And if that happens, and Bosa is also gone, I'd hope we trade down.
The cost will be a fortune though. Just kind of a question if any NFL teams are willing to sell the farm to move up that far.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I wish whoever made this had kept his jersey at 11. Either way, still a cool .gif

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Tennessee has made it known they are willing to trade down. Most likely, if someone trades up they are looking to get ahead of Cleveland to take one of the QBs.

I would be truly shocked if someone moved all the way up to 1. Assuming it's not the Niners it would take an entire draft and then some for someone in the 10-15 range to move up to 1.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would be truly shocked if someone moved all the way up to 1. Assuming it's not the Niners it would take an entire draft and then some for someone in the 10-15 range to move up to 1.
The price probably starts at 3 firsts.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Too bad the Giants had to have an all-timer brain cramp and let us win that first game. Not sure if it would have put us at the top, but we would have had the same record as the Titans and Browns.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The price probably starts at 3 firsts.
Yea, I mean I could see the Titans giving a bit of a discount just so they can stockpile picks but I'm guessing it would take at least nearly an entire draft plus a future 1st, and who is willing to give that up?

The Eagles with their mediocre roster and Bradford who will probably be franchised?

The Bears who are in the same boat with Cutler and a mediocre at best roster?

The Saints when they're apparently about to extend Brees' contract?

I can't see the Titans or Chargers trading down into the late teens to 20's.

Jiggyfly

Banned

I don't think either of these guys are worth trading up to #1 for and I don't see San Fran's GM giving up that many picks for a QB, besides the 49er's I really don't see anybody else considering it.

dallen

Senior Tech
RG3 was a #2 pick and that cost the Redskins 3 first round picks and a second round pick. #1 overall is going to cost more

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't think either of these guys are worth trading up to #1 for and I don't see San Fran's GM giving up that many picks for a QB, besides the 49er's I really don't see anybody else considering it.
I don't think so either. That's good and bad news, though. Good that they would be available but bad because they aren't considered a "Luck" type QB prospect.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Wouldn't be surprised.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they opted for Goff since he is more polished and ready to play now.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they followed the Raiders recent model in terms of using a 2nd or 3rd to get their QB by trading for McCarron and then building the rest of their team with their top 5 pick.
Goff is better, flat out.

If Goff isn't there, I'd rather Dallas go the Raiders route.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Goff has such a nice touch on his passes....

dallen

Senior Tech
I was under the impression people were looking at Wentz because we all assumed Goff was the consensus #1 QB and likely to go to Cleveland

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Each has their positives/negatives, I'd be happy with either at 4 and I wouldn't say either is clearly above the other honestly.

Top Bottom