Werder: Romo to have offseason surgery

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This only makes sense. Gives me at least a little hope he won't have a serious injury this year.

Cotton

Staff member
This only makes sense. Gives me at least a little hope he won't have a serious injury this year.
Jerry said it wasn't going to happen. Guess the real doctors overruled him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's because Jerry believed the bullshit about him having no increased chance of a collarbone injury once it's healed. The dude has broken the same collarbone 3 times, I'd say he is prone to it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good. Glad he wasn't listening to effin' Jerry.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sources: Tony Romo planning for offseason collarbone surgery

1:56 PM ET
Ed Werder
ESPN NFL Insider

The Dallas Cowboys and Tony Romo are planning for the quarterback to have offseason surgery to plate his left collarbone in attempt to prevent future injuries, according to sources.

The Cowboys project a six to eight recovery for Romo from the eventual surgery date.

Romo will have a CT scan on his collarbone within the next week. That scan is to determine whether sufficient healing has taken place to support the hardware that surgeons will attach to strengthen the left clavicle.

Since 2010, Romo has broken the collarbone three times, including twice last season. The initial break came Sept. 20 against the Philadelphia Eagles and then after missing seven games he suffered a hairline fracture after a hit in the Thanksgiving Day loss to the Carolina Panthers.

"I think we know which way we're siding and we've had exhaustive discussions about it," Romo said Saturday of the possibility of surgery. "Really it's just about being there for your teammates. If I play, I know what I mean to our team. I just need to do everything in my power to make sure I'm on the football field."

The day after the 2015 season ended, Romo said he was looking at different options for his collarbone either through surgery or without an operation.

The Cowboys were 1-11 without Romo and want to do whatever is possible to ensure his damaged shoulder can withstand contact in the future.

Cotton

Staff member

Okay, which one of you is this? I didn't think this term for him was used anywhere but on this board.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And people still, to this day, figure it is all on Weeden and Cassel.
And that's incredibly dense. Especially when Weeden went to Houston and immediately won twice. That tells you something is rotten in Dallas, and it's not the QB.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I took it more that Jerry was telling Romo not to have the surgery. Maybe it was just the wording of the article at the time but that was the impression I got.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I took it more that Jerry was telling Romo not to have the surgery. Maybe it was just the wording of the article at the time but that was the impression I got.
I think it was more that Jones was just fucking wrong.

He said it twice. Immediately after the injury on Thanksgiving.

And then again in his "It's not a damn debate" radio spot.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2015/12/01/dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-jerry-jones/76603430/

Good for Romo.

He has his own personal reasons for health this year. Not to mention for the rest of his life.

Cotton

Staff member

Wow, I seriously didn't think that term was used anywhere but here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

That's Chief from the old days. He probably just forgot.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I've talked to him a few times on twitter, he's cool

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, he seems to be.
Chief has been around since the good ol' days at the Mazevo site. Me, him, Carl, sbk, Simpleton, LTFan, TwoDeep, etc.

He is an old head, like myself.

Cotton

Staff member
Chief has been around since the good ol' days at the Mazevo site. Me, him, sbk, Simpleton, LTFan, TwoDeep, etc.

He is an old head, like myself.
Seems you need to recruit him to come back.

Top Bottom