5. Tre'Davious White, LSU

Safety

1. Malik Hooker, Ohio State
2. Jamal Adams, LSU
3. Jabrill Peppers, Michigan
4. Budda Baker, Washington
5. Obi Melifonwu, Connecticut

Special exceptions

Note: This category is for players who are not ranked in the top 5 at their position but have special value elsewhere (special teams, for example).

1. Adoree' Jackson, USC
2. Curtis Samuel, Ohio State
3. Chidobe Awuzie, Colorado
4. Desmond King, Iowa
5. Adam Shaheen, Ashland

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think Charles Harris may be my favorite over Takk McKinley and Taco Charleton at the end of the round.
I think my list goes:

1. McKinley
2. Taco
3. Harris

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think my list goes:

1. McKinley
2. Taco
3. Harris
Are we skipping Barnett? If so my list is probably:

1, Taco
2. Harris
3. McKinley

Nothing against McKinley, I just think he has more of a build for 3-4 OLBer then DE. Barnett would be my top guy of all 3 but I'm guessing we are making the assumption that both him and Thomas are long gone. Of course I'm not really in love with Thomas. Something about him just feels like a bust to me. He played more of a 3-4 DE role from what I watched. So it was hard to tell if he could really turn the corner against an OT. He was lined more heads up over guys and it honestly looked more read and react then anything.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any chance that Soloman Thomas falls to us?
Any games that were really impressive from Solomon Thomas that you watched? Just curious because I'd like to see some games where they let him really rush the passer.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's so little differentiating Charlton/McKinley/Harris, it's hard for me to say who I'd prefer. At this point I think I'd go Charlton/McKinley/Harris, but I'd be equally happy with any of the three honestly.

Cotton

Staff member
Are we skipping Barnett? If so my list is probably:

1, Taco
2. Harris
3. McKinley

Nothing against McKinley, I just think he has more of a build for 3-4 OLBer then DE. Barnett would be my top guy of all 3 but I'm guessing we are making the assumption that both him and Thomas are long gone. Of course I'm not really in love with Thomas. Something about him just feels like a bust to me. He played more of a 3-4 DE role from what I watched. So it was hard to tell if he could really turn the corner against an OT. He was lined more heads up over guys and it honestly looked more read and react then anything.
Yeah, I'm assuming both Barnett and Thomas are gone by 28 in that scenario.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's so little differentiating Charlton/McKinley/Harris, it's hard for me to say who I'd prefer. At this point I think I'd go Charlton/McKinley/Harris, but I'd be equally happy with any of the three honestly.
I agree and it's why I don't think it's a knock that one of them is available at 28. None is clearly better then the other. It just sort of comes down to personal preference and scheme at that point.

Cotton

Staff member
I would be happy with either of the 3 of them, as well. I don't think there is much separating them talent-wise.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Any games that were really impressive from Solomon Thomas that you watched? Just curious because I'd like to see some games where they let him really rush the passer.
North Carolina, one of the most impressive games I've seen from any prospect this year. To me he projects as a DE who shifts inside on passing downs, kind of a rich man's Tyrone Crawford but much more effective on the edge.

I'd take him at 28 for sure but I'm not sure he has quite enough juice off the edge as I'd prefer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
North Carolina, one of the most impressive games I've seen from any prospect this year. To me he projects as a DE who shifts inside on passing downs, kind of a rich man's Tyrone Crawford but much more effective on the edge.

I'd take him at 28 for sure but I'm not sure he has quite enough juice off the edge as I'd prefer.
Yeah that's sort of the impression I got at as well. It's just hard when you watch stuff and he is never really rushing from a 4-3 DE type spot. You just never really see him turn the corner on anyone because he just isn't lined up like that. Hell I saw him lined up more as a DT in their subpackages.

Seems like he may be a perfect fit for a 3-4 DE though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I'm bored and I was thinking about a guy like Mixon today. Is there a point in this draft where you all would be ok with Dallas taking him? I mean he is a serious talent. But he has the domestic violence issue that could easily take him off a lot of teams draft boreds. In a draft with some really good RBs that means he could fall big time. I can't justify a third/fourth rounder on a RB period this year but if he unbelievably is there in the sixth? Sure would be nice to have 2 great young RBs and not worry about that position for years.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So I'm bored and I was thinking about a guy like Mixon today. Is there a point in this draft where you all would be ok with Dallas taking him? I mean he is a serious talent. But he has the domestic violence issue that could easily take him off a lot of teams draft boreds. In a draft with some really good RBs that means he could fall big time. I can't justify a third/fourth rounder on a RB period this year but if he unbelievably is there in the sixth? Sure would be nice to have 2 great young RBs and not worry about that position for years.
I dont want him on my team.

Top Bottom