2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It is an insult. But not one that I have implied. It's one that Romney implied when he said 47% of the population are entitled people who want free stuff from the government.
There is nothing in the statement that says 47% of the population. It states 47 % of a voting block. That's miles apart from your supposition.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

Now irrelevant brainless cunt endorsing current loose cannon.

townsend

Banned
There is nothing in the statement that says 47% of the population. It states 47 % of a voting block. That's miles apart from your supposition.
Do you know where this 47% number came from? It's from an estimation in 2013 that said that 47% of households did not pay income tax in 2011. This was an unusual event largely shaped by the stimulus plans. When Romney refers to 47% he's not talking about the voting block. He's talking about the bottom 47% of households.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/09/19/the-real-truth-behind-the-47-percent-why-arent-these-people-paying-federal-income-taxes/#2715e4857a0b39c7aabf4b77

To that point he said, to a bunch of rich people. These 47% of taxpayers. They're all entitled parasites. These 47% of our population that are Teachers, Soldiers, and Janitors. They will vote for Obama because they believe they're entitled to your money. Never mind there are plenty of lower class republicans. In the mind of Mitt Romney they're all just unwashed masses, trying to vote for more free stuff.

Out of context it may seem like he's talking about the voting block. But he's talking about the least earners. It makes more sense out of context because it's such a unfathomably stupid statement in context. But it works well if you're trying to appease campaign contributors that hate the poor.

It is ridiculously insulting, and I think it's frankly obtuse to act like it means anything else.

townsend

Banned

:lol

Now irrelevant brainless cunt endorsing current loose cannon.
They deserve each other.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Do you know where this 47% number came from? It's from an estimation in 2013 that said that 47% of households did not pay income tax in 2011. This was an unusual event largely shaped by the stimulus plans. When Romney refers to 47% he's not talking about the voting block. He's talking about the bottom 47% of households.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/09/19/the-real-truth-behind-the-47-percent-why-arent-these-people-paying-federal-income-taxes/#2715e4857a0b39c7aabf4b77

To that point he said, to a bunch of rich people. These 47% of taxpayers. They're all entitled parasites. These 47% of our population that are Teachers, Soldiers, and Janitors. They will vote for Obama because they believe they're entitled to your money. Never mind there are plenty of lower class republicans. In the mind of Mitt Romney they're all just unwashed masses, trying to vote for more free stuff.

Out of context it may seem like he's talking about the voting block. But he's talking about the least earners. It makes more sense out of context because it's such a unfathomably stupid statement in context. But it works well if you're trying to appease campaign contributors that hate the poor.

It is ridiculously insulting, and I think it's frankly obtuse to act like it means anything else.
Read what you posted. It says 47 % of voters. Who will feel like they are victims. Doesn't refer to households. Post what it said not do I know where the 47 % came from. And the article you are referring to is debunking the 47% Romney was referring too about not paying taxes. You are using this to say that Republicans hate the poor. It doesn't connect in any way. It is a stretch to try to make an untrue point. I know lots of Republicans who do not hate the poor.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Read what you posted. It says 47 % of voters. Who will feel like they are victims. Doesn't refer to households. Post what it said not do I know where the 47 % came from. And the article you are referring to is debunking the 47% Romney was referring too about not paying taxes. You are using this to say that Republicans hate the poor. It doesn't connect in any way. It is a stretch to try to make an untrue point. I know lots of Republicans who do not hate the poor.
In full spin mode.:lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Carl

RIP Brother
Sarah hasn't aged terribly well. Does she have lupus or something?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sarah Palin’s Son Arrested on Charges of Punching His Girlfriend, Possessing a Gun While Intoxicated

Sarah Palin’s 26-year-old son, Track Palin, was arrested in Wasilla, Alaska, on Monday night on domestic violence and weapons charges after he allegedly punched and kicked his girlfriend during an argument. The son of the former vice presidential candidate for a mainstream American political party is facing three misdemeanor charges—assault, interfering with the reporting of domestic violence, and possessing a gun while intoxicated.

Here’s more on what transpired from the Alaska Dispatch News:

According to an affidavit filed in the case by Wasilla police officer Andrew Kappler, a woman called 911 just after 10 p.m. Monday to report a man had just “punched her in the face and that a firearm was involved…” Less than 10 minutes later, police arrived at a home along Lake Lucille on the West Parks Highway, where they found Track Palin walking around outside, the affidavit says… Palin claimed to not know where the woman was and denied the involvement of a gun, although he did tell detectives there were firearms in the house. “Due to Palin’s escalating hostility, the unknown whereabouts of the 911 caller, and officer safety, Palin was placed into handcuffs,” Kappler wrote.

The woman was later found hiding and crying under a bed inside. Palin told police he and the woman had been arguing over her communication with an ex-boyfriend… The woman also said the two had been arguing for the better part of the night, and in the driveway of the Palin family home. “Palin approached (her) and struck her on the left side of her face with a closed fist.” The woman then told police she fell to the ground in the fetal position and Palin kicked her in her knee before picking up her phone and throwing it. According to the affidavit, the woman grabbed her phone and went inside, where she said she found Palin holding a gun with the barrel pointed near his face and saying “do you think I won’t do it?” “(The woman) was concerned that he would shoot himself and ran outside and around the house,” Kappler wrote. She eventually hid under the bed, where she was discovered by police.

Jiggyfly

Banned
JANUARY 21, 2016
SARAH PALIN CLAIMS OBAMA MADE HER SON, TRACK, BEAT UP HIS GIRLFRIEND, THREATEN SUICIDE

SHELLEY HAZEN

Track Palin, son to former vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin, was arrested Monday for punching and kicking his girlfriend, who police eventually found hiding under a bed. During the incident, the young veteran held an assault rifle to his head and threatened suicide.

And according to his mother, President Obama is to blame because Track has post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Palin made the claim during an endorsement rally for GOP presidential candidate and billionaire Donald Trump in Oklahoma Wednesday, according to the U.S. News and World Report.

The claim, which Palin called the “elephant in the room,” has drawn widespread criticism and calls from a veteran’s group for Palin to use her position not to blame Obama but to help Track deal with his PTSD diagnosis, NBC News added.

Unfortunately, studies have shown that 21 percent of all domestic violence cases in the U.S. involve combat veterans, New York Magazine reported, so the alleged incident between Track, 26, and his girlfriend is a common and tragic story.

“It’s not President Obama’s fault that (Track Palin) has PTSD,” said the head of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA), Paul Rieckhoff. “PTSD is a very serious problem, a complicated mental health injury and I would be extremely reluctant to blame any one person in particular.”

On Monday night, police say Tack Palin punched his girlfriend in the eye after he learned that she’d been speaking to an ex. He proceeded to allegedly kick her in the knee while she was on the floor, and at one point held an AR-15 rifle at his head and threatened to kill himself. When police arrived, he wouldn’t cooperate; officers found Track’s girlfriend under a bed, hiding.

Track has been charged with possession of a firearm while intoxicated, assault, and interfering with the report of domestic violence. In 2014, Track was involved in a fistfight at a party in Anchorage, Alaska, but no charges were filed and no one was arrested (despite the fact that his sister, Bristol, allegedly punched the host in the face multiple times).

Track served in Iraq during George W. Bush’s presidency back in 2008 with the Alaska-based 25th Infantry Division’s 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team. At the Trump rally Wednesday night, Sarah Palin said that when her son came home, he wasn’t the same person.

“They come back hardened. They come back wondering if there is that respect for what their fellow soldiers and airmen and every other member of the military have given so sacrificially to this country, and that starts at the top. It’s a shame that our military personnel even have to question, have to wonder if they’re respected anymore.”

Palin’s implication, according to news media analysis, is that both Track’s PTSD and Obama’s lack of respect for veterans led to the domestic violence incident.

“I guess it’s kind of the elephant in the room — because my own family, going through what we’re going through today with my son, a combat vet having served in a Stryker brigade fighting for you all, America, in the war zone. It’s a shame that our military personnel even have to question, have to wonder if they’re respected anymore. It starts from the top … the question, though, that comes from our own president where they have to look at him and wonder, ‘Do you know what we go through? Do you know what we’re trying to do to secure America and to secure the freedoms that have been bequeathed us?'”

After watching Track suffer with PTSD after coming home, Sarah said she realized that “America’s finest” needed a “commander-in-chief who will respect them and honor them.” And Trump, she continued, will give them the respect they deserve.

However, Rieckhoff pointed out that Trump’s plans for helping veterans are murky and that it’s up to Palin — since her son Track is one of 7.7 million veterans suffering from PTSD — to “sound the alarm” and talk to the candidate’s campaign about what can be done for them.

And it’s critical, he noted, for Palin to “recognize that Track may need help like many veterans.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2726216/sarah-palin-claims-obama-made-her-son-track-beat-up-his-girlfriend-threaten-suicide/#R0slDa8dsFFcJltH.99

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think they made a horrible misjudgment that she would somehow garner the women's/young people's vote for them.
Maybe so. I don't really know whether she has influence. I do think she has a following. Whether that will equate to votes remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom