Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yea, I just can't see it, especially with most of those teams in the 11-15 range (Bears, Eagles) having a somewhat established QB that you can have some kind of hope to win with, even if it isn't particularly realistic. I could see one of them trading up to like 6 or 9 but 1 or 3?

It'd cost way too much.
Who is the Eagles somewhat established QB?

I don't see them trading into the top 3 but they certainly do not have anything close to an established guy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Who is the Eagles somewhat established QB?

I don't see them trading into the top 3 but they certainly do not have anything close to an established guy.
They are seriously entertaining the idea of bringing Bradford back.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are seriously entertaining the idea of bringing Bradford back.
Yeah but are we really going to call Bradford an established QB? If a career QB rating of 81 makes him established then RGIII is a super stud.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Interesting the 49ers want Colin back that bad. I can also see Bradford being given another chance in Philly now that Chip is gone. Probably will opt to see what he can do in the new system rather than use a 1st on this years #3 QB. Don't see them trading up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Interesting the 49ers want Colin back that bad. I can also see Bradford being given another chance in Philly now that Chip is gone. Probably will opt to see what he can do in the new system rather than use a 1st on this years #3 QB. Don't see them trading up.
Might not be about them wanting him that bad, but trying to salvage what they can out of an investment.

I can't say I blame them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah but are we really going to call Bradford an established QB? If a career QB rating of 81 makes him established then RGIII is a super stud.
If the guy is paid as established, the team is going to look at it that way.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I doubt anyone is going to pay Bradford the big bucks. That dudes stock has plummeted.
Who thought the Chiefs would invest as much as they did in Alex Smith in terms of trading for him and giving him the contract they gave him?

Bradford is somewhat like Smith in terms of being guys who are accurate in the short to intermediate, and guy who can have success with a strong team around them when they aren't asked to win games on their own, but ultimately they're limited QB's. He's definitely not as good as Smith but I bet you Pederson looks at him as a guy who he can get to play an Alex Smith-type role in his offense without having to trade an entire draft+more to move up for a QB.

And if they do re-sign him, it'll be for at least 15-18 a year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And if they do re-sign him, it'll be for at least 15-18 a year.
I don't think anyone gives him this money is what I'm saying. Not that the Eagles coach won't think he can work with Bradford. I'm sure some NFL team will make that mistake if it's not them. But Bradford has never been very good. It was never injuries holding him back. It was just not being that good. I'm sure someone will think they can Teddy Bridgewater/Fitzpatrick him to a winning season.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Might not be about them wanting him that bad, but trying to salvage what they can out of an investment.

I can't say I blame them.
Hopefully it blows up in their face since they are more worried about the investment in Colin that they are about winning. I think the odds are good it does.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Wentz and Goff. Interesting seeing them together and the difference in size. Wentz also looks like a tougher blue collar type while Goff looks like your stereotypical CA pretty boy. On the field Goff is compared to Matt Ryan while Wentz is being compared to Alex Smith.

Wentz and Goff. Interesting seeing them together and the difference in size. Wentz also looks like a tougher blue collar type while Goff looks like your stereotypical CA pretty boy. On the field Goff is compared to Matt Ryan while Wentz is being compared to Alex Smith.
Matt Ryan or Alex Smith? Then I don't want either, I want an Aaron Rodgers or Tony Romo who can make things happen when plays break down...but also someone who can sling it!

dallen

Senior Tech
Wentz is an f'in ginger?! We'll probably trade our entire draft to get him at #1. Garrett won't risk it

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wentz is an f'in ginger?! We'll probably trade our entire draft to get him at #1. Garrett won't risk it
Garrett craves a world of soulless gingers. He lusted after Andy Dalton and Greg McElroy and had Rudy Carpenter hanging around for several training camps.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Nope. That is the issue we have. I doubt we view QB as that important that we take the guy regardless.
Even though we just witnessed the season go down the shitter when our QB went down.

It really does make perfect sense.

dallen

Senior Tech
I posted this last year, but it is still pretty fun: http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock

Here's my first 4 round mock:

1. QB JARED GOFF CALIFORNIA
2. DT KENNY CLARK UCLA
3. WR JOSH DOCTSON TCU
4. RB ALEX COLLINS ARKANSAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom