AP: NFL more forceful about proposed Texas 'bathroom bill'

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't agree with the idea of the law, but I do with this premise. Don't like living under this scrutiny? Don't live in Texas or North Carolina or anywhere that has it. Basic Republican ideal.
This is exactly right. Every state isn't meant to be identical to the next.

As far as the law goes, I don't think it's discriminatory. I just think it's unnecessary and overly burdensome. It's sad that you actually need a law to tell people which bathroom to use.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Except for that would be infringing on their First Amendment rights, but hey the Constitution and the of law are only acceptable when the fit Republican ideology.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Except for that would be infringing on their First Amendment rights, but hey the Constitution and the of law are only acceptable when the fit Republican ideology.
Do you think he was actually serious? I took it as him poking fun at the NFL.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I applaud the NFL for fighting discrimination.

99% of transgender people have lived through a lot of pain, uncertainty, shame, and frustration to get to where they are in life.

So let's pile on and make them feel ashamed to use the fucking toilet. God damn.

Anyone who picks on them or draws up laws to specifically discriminate against them is borderline pitiful.
It's not the NFLs job to make laws . They can make rules for players and owners but inserting themselves into the governmental systems is beyond their scope.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Do you think he was actually serious? I took it as him poking fun at the NFL.
Just jokes, just like our president, just jokes. Is that what our leaders should be doing when addressing serious issues, just making jokes?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just jokes, just like our president, just jokes. Is that what our leaders should be doing when addressing serious issues, just making jokes?
Well when the NFL threatens an entire state I'd say it's appropriate. That's not a serious issue, it's a joke.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Good lord. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
Well when the NFL threatens an entire state I'd say it's appropriate. That's not a serious issue, it's a joke.
It's stupid for the NFL to even be speaking on such matters, let alone threatening a state with action. They have gotten way too big for their britches. I'm glad Abbott is telling them to essentially fuck off.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's stupid for the NFL to even be speaking on such matters, let alone threatening a state with action. They have gotten way too big for their britches. I'm glad Abbott is telling them to essentially fuck off.
That's my take as well. They need to stick to matters of football not social lawmakers. I have no problems with them policing players over social issues but making public toilet rules for franchises and states is over reaching a considerable amount.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
That's my take as well. They need to stick to matters of football not social lawmakers. I have no problems with them policing players over social issues but making public toilet rules for franchises and states is over reaching a considerable amount.
Should they do it for their stadiums?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Should they do it for their stadiums?
Remember the NFL is a league of owners. The commissioner works for the owners. The league has no jurisdiction over a franchise city or state. They only police the participants of the leagues teams and game rules. Beyond that they are non functional.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
But if they're pushing for it they're doing it with the backing of the owners who do own the stadiums...
The state owns the jurisdiction of the rules governing the public restrooms no matter who owns the crapper devices.

Cotton

Staff member
Then isn't it within their rights to exert pressure to have it changed?
Sure, they can lobby just like any other entity. Trying to get a law changed or not passed via threats is not smart at all. They can go through the established means of trying to affect legislation.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Everyone wants on the social justice train these days.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's not the NFLs job to make laws . They can make rules for players and owners but inserting themselves into the governmental systems is beyond their scope.
Like any influential organization they can do whatever they want within their charter.

We'll see how just bent the governor of Texas is on shaming people who just want to relieve themselves. In this case it could cost his state about a 100 million in income the next decade.

He probably won't care and will stick to his idiotic stance.

These types of law will be found unconstitutional by the time a Texas team is up for Superbowl consideration again, and in the mean time he'll have helped secure his right wing base just by trying.

Top Bottom